We’re going to take a look at the top rated 6x9s, and these are the ones that are going to seriously take your car stereo to a whole new level.
Introduction to the 6×9 Speaker
If you still have your factory-installed 6x9s, then no doubt you’re probably considering purchasing new ones. The old ones are not going to be of great quality, and there are plenty of high quality alternatives on the market that are going to provide you with the sound quality that you crave. We’re going to take a look at the top rated 6x9s, and these are the ones that are going to seriously take your car stereo to a whole new level. Then in our buyer’s guide, we’re going to discuss the various features that you need to understand about these speakers.
Top Ten 6x9 Speakers
|Rank||Picture||Speakers||Output (Watt)||Frequency (Hz - KHz)|
|1||Pioneer TS-A6995R||600||27 - 37|
|2||Rockford R169X3||650||22 - 30|
|3||JBL GTO938||600||20 - 50|
|4||Kenwood KFC6965S||400||22 - 30|
|5||BOSS||400||20 - 50|
|6||Kenwood KFC-1665S||1200||22 - 30|
|7||ALPINE SPR-69||600||20 - 50|
|8||Pyle||400||20 - 50|
|9||Rockford R169X2||650||22 - 30|
|10||JBL GTO928||600||20 - 50|
Pioneer TS-A6995R Car Speaker – Set of 2 (1 pair)
These speakers from Pioneer feature power handling, with 600 watts per pair and an RMS of 200 watts per pair. They have multilayer mica matrix cone material, and elastic polymer speaker surround. They also feature soft dome tweeters with wave guide for increased sensitivity. You get high temperature voice coil, and so much more.
Customers love these 6×9 speakers because they’re incredibly easy to install, and give you the best possible sound. If you’re someone that is a serious stickler when it comes to their car radio, then you’re going to love how these speakers give you the quality that you need to listen to all your favorite tunes when you’re on the road.
They’re built to last, and you can be guaranteed that the high quality materials are going to deliver you durable performance that you can depend upon. Customers love to upgrade their sound systems with speakers of this caliber, and you’re going to enjoy the results as well. When you’re ready to take your vehicle’s sound system to a whole new level then you can purchase these speakers with confidence.
Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6 x 9 Inch 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker – Set of 2
These speakers from Rockford Fosgate give you the performance that you crave at a price that you can afford. They feature vacuum polypropylene cone materials and a rubber surround. There’s a silk dome pole mounted Piezo tweeter and midrange, and also integrated tweeter crossover. All grilles and mounting hardware come included.
All in all, customers absolutely love the performance of these speakers, and they agree again and again that these speakers give them the sound quality that they crave. Most users find these speakers easy to install, but it’s always smart to have a professional do it if you’re unsure. You can’t underestimate the benefits of owning a high quality sound system, and this is sure to give you the results that you crave.
You get a set of two speakers with your purchase, and do be sure that the size of the speakers can fit with your car. Take proper measurements, and ask your mechanic what is the right size that you want to look out for. These are top rated 6×9 speakers for obvious reasons, so go ahead and purchase with confidence.
JBL GTO938 6 x 9-Inch 3-Way Loudspeaker
These speakers are manufactured by JBL, and they’re top rated among consumers because of the remarkable features that they offer. They are 6×9 three-way loudspeakers, and they have a plus one woofer cone with rubber surround. They feature adjustable mylar-titanium tweeter and super tweeter with level control.
You get 300 watts peak power handling, and 2 ohm impedance. You also get a three inch mounting depth, so make sure your vehicle can handle this size. You’re going to see that these speakers are easy to install, but if you’ve never done it before then you’re going to want to consult a professional to get the job done. All in all, customers love these speakers because they sound amazing, and they’re quite user friendly.
This is the ideal size of speaker for getting the kinds of results that you crave, so when you’re ready to seriously jack-up your speakers, you can be sure that owning this set is the smart choice. Customers also agree that these speakers come at a great price, so go ahead and purchase with confidence.
Top Rated 6×9 Speakers Summary
These top rated speakers are the ones that customers love because they have solid performance and they come at a price that most consumers can afford. When you’re ready to seriously upgrade your speakers, then you can be sure that one of these models is going to give you the performance that you crave. Customers love these speakers because they’re very easy to install, and they’re built from durable materials that are going to stand the test of time. You can purchase these speakers with confidence, or you can move on to our buyer’s guide to find something that is more to your liking. It’s best to know as much as you can about these speakers before you make a purchase, because that way you’re making an informed decision. There’s no sense in spending a ton of money on something that you don’t understand, so lets learn more about these remarkable speakers.
6X9 Speaker Comparison
Rockford Fosgate R169X3
BOSS AUDIO CH6930
|Power||600 W||650 W||600 W||400 W||400 W||1200 W||600 W||400 W||650 W||600 W|
|Polyetherimide cone tweeter||Polyimide Cone Midrange||Silk dome flush mounted tweeter||Swiveling Silk Ring-Dome Tweeter||Film Dome Tweeter||Silk dome flush mounted tweeter||Mylar/titanium composite dome tweeters|
|Integrated tweeter crossover||Polypropylene Woofer|
|Poly Injection Woofer Cone||Vacuum|
|Hybrid Fiber Woofer Cone||Blue Poly Injection Cone||Integrated tweeter crossover||One woofer cone |
|14 x 6 x 11||9 x 11 x 10||10 x 9 x 10||9 x 6 x 6||10.2 x 7.4 x 4.2||16.2 x 12.5 x 10.5||8.7 x 3.9 x 7.1||4.5 x 7.2 x 9.7||2.9 x 9 x 6||10 x 9 x 8|
|27 Hz to 37 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||3 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
6×9 Speaker Buyers Guide
What is a 6×9 Speaker?
It can be daunting when it comes to finding the right speakers for you, especially if you’re a first time buyer. When you are inexperienced, you tend to buy the largest, most expensive set of speakers that you can find, thinking this is the best way to get the loudest, highest quality speakers. But this is not always going to be the case. You’re going to need to have some basic knowledge about speakers before you make a purchase.
There are so many factors that you need to consider before you purchase speakers, and these include the size of the speakers, the connection and cabling, the power output, frequency response, materials, and so much more. These factors may not all seem important to you, but the truth is that you want to consider all of these things so that you’ll find the right speakers for you. You need to pay attention to details so that you get the perfect system running in your car. When you make an informed decision then you’re much more likely to end up with speakers that you totally love, and give you the best possible quality imaginable. At the end of the day, it all comes down to finding something that fits your needs.
Upgrading In-Car Speakers Considerations
When you’re upgrading your speakers you need to first decide which speakers in your car are in need of changing. Most cars come equipped with four speakers and this includes the two front speakers and the two back speakers in the back doors and dash. Sometimes people choose to only replace two of the four speakers, and in this case, it is the front speakers that get changed, because these are the ones that are closest to the driver.
But if you want to increase the volume of your speakers, especially bass, then it’s going to be smarter to change the back speakers with two 6x9s, as these are easier to install in hatchback cars. These are the most affordable speakers and they’re space efficient, while their volume increase is quite clear. Here are some factors that you want to consider when you make a purchase of new speakers.
- Speaker Sizes: There are basically five speaker sizes that you can choose from to be installed in used cars. Before you make a purchase you want to find out more about the speakers that you want to install in your car. A standard car is going to have 6x9s in the back of the car. If you’re sure that you want to replace your current speakers, then simply uproot them and bring them to your store so that you can compare sizes. However, replacing 6x9s is easy because they’re all the same standard size. It’s easy to buy 6×9 speakers online, and you can find kinds that are geared towards various makes and models of car, so that you can get the perfect fit. Once you have your new speakers you can easily slip them into the existing receptacles of your car. You also want to consider the depth, because mounting depth in some cars is limited. So get a pair of speakers that aren’t too deep for your car.
- Component vs. Coaxial Speakers: Some people say that component speakers are better than coaxial. Coaxial speakers are known as full range speakers, and they’re the most common type of in-car speakers, and they have multiple drivers which makes them emit a broader range of audio frequencies. Most vehicles come out of the factory with coaxial speakers already installed, and therefore upgrading them is a matter of taking out the old ones and using the existing slot.
- Power Output and Handling: The output and power handling of speakers can also be referred to as ‘efficiency’. This is used to describe the amount of sound that is produced by the speakers per wattage.
- Connection and Cabling: With thicker speaker wires you get lower electrical resistance, and this resistance means you get louder volume. Speaker wires with a lower resistance are considered better than using wires with high resistance, and this is due to car audio amplifiers that have better control over speakers. The length of the speaker wire plays a huge role because longer cables create more distance, and this makes for more resistance and vice versa.
- Build Materials: Built-in car stereos are not always of the best quality, and that’s why so many people choose to upgrade. These speakers are going to deteriorate with time, and therefore a simple upgrade is going to seriously enhance your listening experience. You want to purchase speakers that are made from the highest quality materials possible. The speakers with rubber surrounds are going to last longer and improve the overall sound quality. Cloth and foam surrounds are going to deteriorate with time, but they’re still going to be a better choice than paper or foam. Woofers are stiff and lightweight, and they last for a long time and have great response to base. The materials that you’re going to find include coated synthetic fabrics or polypropylene combined with mica. Tweeters are going to be made of hard or soft materials, depending upon what your preferences are.
When purchasing 6×9 speakers, you want to be willing to spend a little more money than you otherwise would so that you can get a product that is of the highest quality. There are tons of different models out there, so it’s not smart to simply go with the cheapest ones that you can find. If you really want the 6x9s to last, then finding the highest quality possible is the smartest choice. Talking to your local dealer or mechanic is always a smart choice, as well as visiting your local auto store to talk about what your options are.
No matter what model you buy, you’re going to see that upgrading your 6x9s is a wonderful way to enhance the sound quality in your car. They’re going to add awesome base and volume, and they’re really going to stand the test of time when you buy them and install them properly. Buying online is also a great option, but sometimes it’s best to buy them in person so that you can get something that you’re able to listen to first.
Being able to hear the sound quality before you purchase ensures that you’re going to get the product that you desire. With so many 6x9s out there, you want to really take your time and do your homework so that you get something that is going to stand the test of time.
Upgrading your 6×9 speakers is a wonderful way to enhance the overall sound quality of your car’s sound system. There’s nothing more awesome than being able to listen to your favorite tunes while on the road, but having a bad sound system will deplete this pleasure. Upgrading your speakers is the easiest way to fix this, and if you still have the factory-installed speakers in your car, then they’re most likely not good enough or deteriorating. Getting new 6×9 speakers is easy, because there are so many models on the market, but it can sometimes be daunting when it comes to making a choice. That’s why our buyer’s guide is going to help you to make the right decision. When you do your homework, then you’re much more likely to find something that suits your needs and will stand the test of time.