Best Baby Crib
There are literally countless cribs on the market, and that’s why this article was written to guide you in your search. We’ll discuss the top rated cribs, and in the buyer’s guide we’ll highlight the key safety and aesthetic features that you must look out for.
Introduction to the Baby Crib Reviews
A crib is perhaps the most important piece of furniture that you can buy for your child. They’ll spend most of their time in the crib, and the safety and aesthetic considerations are of the utmost importance. There are literally countless cribs on the market, and that’s why this article was written to guide you in your search. We’ll discuss the top rated cribs, and in the buyer’s guide we’ll highlight the key safety and aesthetic features that you must look out for. So let’s get started, and get you on your way to finding your dream crib.
Top 10 Baby Crib
|Rank||Picture||Baby Crib||Finish||Dimension (Inches)|
|1||Stork Craft Portofino||Espresso||71.00 x 32.50 x 43.00|
|2||Delta Canton||Espresso||54.50 x 34.50 x 43.50|
|3||Stork Craft Tuscany||Espresso||54.20 x 33.00 x 43.00 |
|4||Union||Espresso||53.50 x 30.50 x 33.50|
|5||DaVinci||Ebony||54.40 x 35.00 x 41.90|
|6||Stork Craft Verona||White||54.30 x 32.90 x 43.10|
|7||Delta Emery||White||58.00 x 32.50 x 7.00|
|8||Dream 3||Cherry||39.00 x 23.00 x 36.00 |
|9||Graco Lauren Convertible||White||60.00 x 41.20 x 4.80|
|10||Dream On Me 4 In 1||Espresso||39.50 x 28.00 x 37.50|
Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer, Espresso
This fixed side convertible crib changer from Stork Craft features a magical sleigh design that makes it the perfect, whimsical centerpiece for any nursery. All four sides of this crib are stationary and it has an adjustable three position mattress support base for the ultimate in comfort, security, and stability. The solid construction of this crib uses nontoxic materials with a durable finish. Made from only the finest wood, this crib will support your child through many stages of life, as it converts from a full size crib to toddler bed with ease. It will then go on to be a daybed, and full size bed, giving your child the ultimate piece of convertible furniture that grows as they do.
There is an attached changer with this crib that was designed with safety in mind, with an extra deep surface that enhances stability and security when you’re changing your baby. This crib adds to your overall nursery look when you add many accessories such as dresser, chest, and ottoman, all made by Stork Craft to accompany this crib. It’s easy to set-up this luxurious crib thanks to the easy-to-follow directions. Give your baby the most perfect, delicate slumber with this amazing bed that also comes with waterproof vinyl change pad. The entire piece is backed by a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, and it’s completely JPMA certified.
Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Cherry
This Canton crib from Delta Children is ideal if you’re looking for style and functionality all in one. One of the top rated cribs in the industry, the piece features a gorgeous finish and sophisticated design which is sure to be the focal point of your baby’s room for years to come. The marvelous design easily converts into a toddler bed, daybed, and full size bed with a headboard, making it highly functional and economic at the same time. With this crib you get a 3 position mattress support system so that your child sleeps comfortably and safely at all times. Constructed of the finest solid hardwood with non-drop side design, you can be guaranteed that your child is safe at all times, and getting the best sleep possible.
There’s a number of reasons why this is a top rated crib, and to add to all the marvelous features, it’s also JPMA/ASTM certified and completely free from lead. There is a bit of assembly required for this crib, but the tools and instructions are included, so you can be sure that it won’t take much time or effort. This crib matches perfectly with the Canton dresser that is sold separately, but when you purchase them together, you’re getting the best possible matching furniture for your baby’s room. You can be sure that you’re making a smart decision when you purchase this crib from Delta Children, because you’re buying an investment piece that grows with your child.
Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso
When it comes to cribs, Stork Craft is leading the way. This crib is solidly constructed and features a 4 in 1 fixed side convertible construction, and a charming magical sleigh design. This is sure to be a beautiful centerpiece of your nursery, and all four sides are stationary, with an adjustable one piece mattress support base that adds to the overall safety and security of the crib. Very well built, the crib is made of solid wood that is completely free of toxins and chosen for its durability. This crib is meant to support your child through multiple stages of life by easily converting from a crib to a toddler bed, then to a daybed and finally a full size bed, with very little effort. This piece will enhance your overall nursery decor, and you can even add matching accessories such as the changing table, chest, dresser, or matching Tuscany slider and ottoman.
It’s so easy to assemble this crib, and there are clear directions that come with your purchase to assist you along the way. If you want a crib that is a sound investment, and also gives you the utmost in safety and comfort, then purchasing this top rated crib from Stork Craft is a fantastic choice. Customers absolutely love how secure this crib is, while still being affordable and easy to assemble. Purchase something for your baby that will grow and change as your baby grows and changes.
Top Rated Baby Crib Summary
These top rated cribs are praised by customers because they’re affordable, easy to assemble, and are perfectly safe. Most of these are also convertible, allowing you to effortlessly change them from a crib to a daybed and finally a full size bed. This is what makes these cribs a remarkable value, because there is no need to purchase a different piece of furniture as your child grows. What makes these cribs really stand out from the rest are their safety features. They are all certified for their safety, and have proved time and again that you can use them with an incredible amount of peace of mind.
You’re going to be making a sound decision if you purchase one of these cribs, but should you require something different, refer to the following buyer’s guide. The guide is intended to arm you with knowledge so that you can make an informed decision. Be sure to pay special attention to the safety advisories, and take note of which features you’re most interested in having on your crib.
Baby Crib Comparison
Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1
Delta Children Canton 4-in-1
Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1
DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1
Stork Craft Verona 4-in-1
Delta Children Emery 4-in-1
Dream On Me 3 in 1
Graco Lauren Convertible
Dream On Me 4 In 1
|Material||Wood, Vinyl||Cherry Wood||Cherry Wood||Pine Wood||Pine Wood||Cherry Wood||Wood, Metal||Pine Wood||Cherry Wood||Pine Wood|
|Type||Non Drop |
Crib & Changer
Full sized bed;
Full sized bed;
Full sized bed;
Full sized bed;
Full sized bed;
Full sized bed;
|Daybed and |
twin size bed
Full sized bed;
Full sized bed;
|No of |
|71 x 32.5 x 43||54.5 x 34.5 x 43.5||54.2 x 33 x 43||53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5||54.5 x 34.5 x 42||54.3 x 32.9 x 43.1||58 x 32.5 x 7||39 x 23 x 36||60 x 41.2 x 4.8||39.5 x 28 x 37.5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Baby Crib Buyers Guide
What is a Baby Crib?
Did you realize that babies spend more time in their cribs than anywhere else? Well it’s true. So, consider the fact that comfort is certainly important, but safety is absolutely essential. Most children will sleep in their crib until it’s time to move into an actual bed, and this happens between the ages of 2 and 3. This means that it’s important to find the sturdiest crib possible, and possibly one that will convert into a bed when the time is right.
Some moms get into the spirit early, and they want a crib that is set up several months before the baby is born. It is fun to have the baby nursery fully decorated and ready to go when the baby arrives. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect crib before your little bundle of joy has come home, then it’s best to do some research to find the best possible crib for your child. When setting up your crib, find a nice spot away from the windows, blinds, and draperies. It’s best to keep your child away from cords and direct sunlight.
Features to Look For
- Mattress Specifications: Choosing a crib with the right mattress is essential. Look for a foam mattress, because it is the least expensive and the lightest option you’ll find. You can find these in a variety of thicknesses, and usually between 3 and 6 inches. Even more important than thickness is density. The higher quality foam mattresses are going to be high in density, at about 1.5 pounds per cubic foot. Sadly, many foam mattresses won’t list density on the packaging, so sometimes it’s hard to know for sure.
- Slats: You want the slats on your crib to be no more than 2-3/8 inches apart. You want the slats to be close enough to prevent your child from slipping through or getting stuck. As long as the slats are closer together than 2-3/8”, you’ll be in good shape.
- Corner Posts: You want the corner posts to be as safe as possible, and this means they should be no higher than 1/16 on an inch. If your corner posts are higher, clothing can catch on them and possibly injure or choke your child.
- Mattress Height: Look for an adjustable mattress height, as most cribs will allow you to change the height of the mattress by simply raising and lowering the support mechanism. You want to lower the mattress when your child is starting to sit up. When your child becomes more active and starts to pull up or stand, you don’t want them to fall out of the crib.
- Stability: The best way to check the stability of your crib is to give it a good shake in the store or after you have assembled it. If you find that it wobbles a bit, then perhaps you didn’t put it together properly. However, this can also be a sign that you need to purchase a sturdier crib.
- Frame Size: The interior of your crib should comfortably and snugly accommodate a standard crib mattress, at about 51-3/4”long by 27-3/4” If you are able to fit more than two fingers between the crib and the side of the mattress, that means the mattress is too small. This can pose a serious danger as babies can possibly get trapped in this space.
- Versatility: There are so many cribs today that are designed to convert into a toddler bed, when the time is right. They can even be used as a child’s bench or headboard/footboard for a full size bed. You want to always make sure that it’s easy to make these conversions and that you find the look of the new furniture appealing.
Important Safety Considerations
When it comes to purchasing a crib, safety trumps aesthetics. Keep in mind that most cribs today will comply with mandatory and voluntary safety standards, and it’s always important to make yourself aware of the latest safety tips posed by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Every year millions of cribs by major brands are recalled, so if you’re buying a new crib, be sure to check BabyCenter’s Product Recall Finder to make sure you’re not purchasing one of these.
- Cribs with Drop Sides: It’s very important that you not use cribs with drop sides. These movable railings pose a hazard to your baby. Should the drop sides detach or become loose your baby can become trapped and possibly strangle or suffocate in the space between the sides and the mattress.
- Bumpers: Crib bumpers are the padding material which attach to the inside railings of the crib to cushion all four sides. These can pose a hazard and are no longer recommended in cribs. Bumpers are still a standard feature of crib bedding sets, however many organizations, such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, discourage them as a SIDS risk.
- Old Cribs: Any crib that was made before 1973 is more likely to pose safety risks, because they were made before federal guidelines went into effect. Secondhand cribs may be charming in appearance, and will save you money, but they can also have splinters, lead paint, dangerous features, or slats that are too wide apart.
- Decorative Touches: You want to avoid fancy decorations on your crib, even though the temptation might be great. These can pose a choking hazard, or might trap your baby’s limbs.
- Anything Structurally Unsound: The CPSC receives many reports of cribs that come apart. If you sense anything unsound about the structure of your crib, report the issue and find a new one.
You need to do a lot of research when you’re looking for the right crib. Safety is paramount, but you also want to find something that makes your baby comfortable and is easy to assemble. Cribs can be quite expensive, but there’s no reason to spend a fortune when you’re looking for a high quality crib. Be sure to choose something that fits perfectly into the decor of your nursery. Choosing one of the top rated cribs mentioned above is a smart choice, but should you wish to find something different, the buyer’s guide will assist you in finding something that is just right for your baby.