Nail Polish Removers Review
The best nail polish remover contains all natural ingredients that will not harm the nails with repeated use. Our pick, Nail Polish Remover – 100% NATURAL by Pure Vitality Beauty, is an all natural nail polish remover that contains no harsh chemicals.
View on Amazon
Introduction to the Nail Polish Removers
There is a lot that can be learned about nail polish remover. Nail polish remover comes in different packaging and formulas that can appeal to many different users. Choosing the right one can be a little tricky if you aren’t certain what you are looking for. There are several considerations to think about before you start shopping for nail polish remover.
The purpose of this buyer’s guide is to make the selection process much simpler. We will provide information that will teach you about the different types of nail polish remover. We will also provide education on the different forms nail polish remover comes in including wipes, bottles and pots. This knowledge will make research much less confusing.
Learning about the ingredients, the different formulas and what they are used for, and the different packaging that is available helps provide the information you need to make an informed decision without worry.
Top Ranked Nail Polish Removers
Nail Polish Remover – 100% NATURAL by Pure Vitality Beauty
Even if you wear nail polish regularly, you may not know that there are all natural varieties of nail polish remover. These can be used in place of the strong smelling, chemical based varieties. Choosing natural products is very important to some people and they will choose all natural options if they are available.
Pure Vitality Beauty has created a nail polish remover that is free of acetone, acetate, petroleum chemicals and ethyl lactate. These are ingredients that can cause harm when used repeatedly. Unlike traditional nail polish removers that leave your natural nails brittle and weak, this nail polish remover moisturizes your nails and makes them stronger.
It is effective on all types of nail polish including hard-to-remove UV gel nail polish. Every ingredient used in Pure Vitality’s nail polish remover is rated only 0 or 1 in the cosmetic safety review. This polish remover’s formula is non-toxic, non hazardous and non-carcinogenic. You can even use it during pregnancy.
Pure Vitality Beauty has created an eco-friendly polish remover that biodegrades fully with no chemical fumes to affect air quality. It is a cruelty-free product. The company provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee. All you have to do is contact them and they will refund your money, no questions asked.
Non toxic Aromatherapy Nail Polish Remover
If using all natural and non toxic nail polish remover is important to you, consider this aromatherapy nail polish remover by Marley Marie Naturals . It is acetone and alcohol free and in their words is “as natural as they come”.
Users won’t suffer from headaches due to toxic fumes when using this polish remover. It smells so good your kids will love it too. This nail polish remover is safe for use around kids and pets.
The formula used in this nail polish remover is patent-pending and contains therapeutic grade essential oils and nourishing Vitamin E. These ingredients hydrate and strengthen the nails and cuticles.
If you suffer from brittle nails that split and crack, using this polish remover will help heal your nails. There is no alcohol in this product so you can let your fingers soak in it as long as you want.
Marley Marie Naturals nail polish remover is recyclable, cruelty free and biodegradable. They are very environmentally conscious and that shows in their product line. All their packaging is recyclable as well. This nail polish remover is vegan friendly and gluten free.
There are several wonderful smelling scents available including Lavender Vanilla, Black Currant Vanilla, Orange Ginger, and Eucalyptus Spearmint. These scents have a wonderful therapeutic effect on the user and those in the same room.
The polish remover is oil based so it won’t evaporate like traditional nail polish remover does. The room you use it in will smell wonderful for days! The nail polish remover comes with a satisfaction guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase.
Nail Essentials Nail Polish Remover Wipes
Sometimes it can be difficult to remove nail polish with getting a headache from the harsh fumes. Another problem is having your skin dry out from the chemicals used in the polish remover.
Nail Essentials has solved these problems by creating Nail Polish Remover Wipes. One wipe will remove all the polish on your hands or feet. The wipes are easy to remove from the container and are portable for taking on trips.
Nail Essentials nail polish remover wipes contains an all natural organic ester and soybean based solution that protects the skin from drying out. The scent is pleasant as well. There are 3 packs of 45 wipes each in this set. Your cuticles will be softer and your nails will be stronger with continued use of these polish remover wipes. The packaging is disposable, eco friendly and inexpensive as well.
Nail Polish Removers Summary
Nail polish remover has a very specific job to do; remove nail polish. Everyone who wears nail polish will need a good polish remover when they want to change nail polish colors or redo their manicures.
With everyone’s skin being different it is important for consumers to understand which nail polish remover works best for their specific skin type. You will be able to find the right one by learning about the differences between the various types of polish removers.
Learn more about nail polish removers and how to choose the right one for your needs by reading the following buyer’s guide. The information we have provided will steer you in the right direction and educate you on which types of polish removers work the best for your needs.
Nail Polish Remover Comparison
|Quantity||4 fl oz||2 fl oz||45|
|4 fl oz||16 fl oz||16 fl oz||200|
|6 fl oz|
Nail Polish Remover Buyers Guide
The first step in choosing a nail polish remover is learning about what is out there. We have listed the most common types of polish remover below along with some information about each type.
- Bottled Polish Remover – The most common form of nail polish remover comes in a plastic or glass bottle. Users need a cotton swab, ball or pad that they soak in the remover and apply to the nails, wiping the nail until the polish is gone. There are several different types of bottled nail polish remover on the market.
- Strengthening – Strengthening nail polish remover contains ingredients that nourish the nails. Using this product can improve the condition of weak, thin nails. Strengthening nail polish has protein and vitamins that are designed to strengthen the nails with continued use. Fingernails can easily become thin and brittle if they are not taken care of. Using a product like this one will help strengthen the nail overall and make it much healthier.
- Moisturizing – Moisturizing nail polish remover is another formula that is popular with consumers. This polish remover formula uses ingredients such as aloe vera and vitamins to replace the moisture in the fingernails. This helps heal dry, brittle nails. Using a moisturizing polish remover on a regular basis will prevent the nails from drying out due to the ingredients that are in traditional polish removers. Your nails will be much healthier.
- Nail Polish Remover Pads – These individual pads that are pre-soaked with nail polish remover and sealed to keep the pads moist. If you travel often you may prefer these polish remover pads to the bottled formulas. They can be stored in a purse, backpack, briefcase or desk. These convenient nail polish remover pads are very easy to use, making quick polish fixes much easier.
- Nail Polish Remover Pots – This type of nail polish remover is very good for reducing the lingering odor that some polish removers leave behind when you use cotton balls and swabs. A nail polish remover pot can reduce the strong scent that cotton balls and swabs can leave behind due to the polish remover being contained inside the pot. The small pot has a remover soaked sponge inside with a hole in the middle that you put each finger as you are removing the polish. The sponge easily rubs off the polish as you move your finger around inside the hole. It is a mess-free, efficient way to remove nail polish that many people prefer.
- Corrector Remover Pens– If you practice any type of nail art, you want to own a corrector remover pen. A pen-like tube is filled with nail polish remover. On the end of the tube there is a cotton tip. The cotton tipped end is soaked with nail polish remover and that end is used to remove tiny mess-ups without ruining the entire paint job. A corrector remover pen is great for removing nail polish from the surrounding cuticles.
Common Nail Polish Remover Ingredients
Nail polish removers have many different ingredients. Different formulas have different ingredients. Some formulas have vitamins and nutrients and some have harsher ingredients that can cause issues with your nails with extended use. There are some polish remover ingredients that are in many different formulas. We have listed those ingredients below along with what they are and how they are most often used.
- Acetone – Colorless, flammable liquid, used often for cleaning purposes. Should not be used on artificial nails as it breaks them down and weakens them.
- Propylene Carbonate – An ingredient derived from propylene glycol. Used in lithium batteries to create electrolytes that are conductive.
- Glycerin – Odorless and colorless liquid that is sweet to the taste and has low toxicity. This ingredient is often used in pharmaceutical formulas.
- Gelatin – This ingredient is derived from non-gelling collagen. It is a translucent, flavorless and colorless substance that is frequently used in cosmetics, glues, color gels and to make capsules.
There are other ingredients that are used in nail polish remover depending on the type, but the most commonly used ingredients are the ones listed above. All the different ingredients come together to create all of the different types of nail polish remover.
The Difference Between Acetone and Non-Acetone
One of the top ingredients in most nail polish removers is acetone. Many people may not know what acetone is and whether they should purchase a remover with or without it. That decision comes down to personal preference. There are benefits to using both types of remover. We have explained the benefits and differences below.
- Acetone Polish Remover – The smell of acetone is very strong and highly flammable. It disintegrates nail polish easily but can be too harsh for the nails and skin, drying them out and causing the nails to become thin and weak. Acetone nail polish remover is a good choice for removing dark colored and glitter nail polish.
- Non-Acetone Polish Remover – The active ingredient in non-acetone varieties is frequently ethyl acetate. This ingredient is made from acetic acid and ethanol. It is a colorless and flammable liquid. The odor of ethyl acetate is much more fragrant making it easy to differentiate from acetone.
Non-acetone polish removers can be used on artificial nails without damaging them. This variety of nail polish remover is much gentler on the skin and nails.
If you wear nail polish, you will need nail polish remover. With so many choices available, it would be easy to become overwhelmed if you didn’t know what to look for. The information in this buyer’s guide is designed to make sure you understand the different formulas and what they do. We also provided information on the ingredients used in different formulas and the effects they can have on your nails and skin.
The three top nail polish removers featured above are great examples of a few of the different types available. If none of the top choices appeal to you, use the information we have provided in the buyer’s guide to help sort through the other choices. Match these with your skin type and personal preferences on packaging and type and you will be able to choose the perfect nail polish remover for your needs easily.