Cooking Utensil Sets Review
Our top choice of cooking utensil set includes many of the assorted pieces regularly used in preparing and cooking food. In a quality set, pieces are made from durable, long-lasting materials that don’t wear down or break easily. Our top pick, the Culinary Couture Cooking Utensil Set, meets all these requirements.
View on Amazon
Cooking utensils are kitchen tools that you use when you are preparing and cooking food. They are most often used during preparation and then again during serving. They are simple kitchen accessories that can cut, grate, strain, stir and more. There are thousands of different brands and types available.
Having a large selection makes it difficult to choose the exact set to fit your needs. One benefit to having a large selection is the variety and choices that it provides. You want to find a high-quality set of utensils that will not bend, melt, or otherwise breakdown.
The majority of people don’t give extra thought to cooking utensils but there is a difference between a high-quality set that will last years and a cheaply made set that you must replace in a year or two. Cooking utensils are made from a variety of materials and many different pieces can be included in a set.
This guide is designed to help you sort through the huge selection of cooking utensils on the market so you can choose a set that will meet your needs and preferences. Cooking utensils are crucial kitchen supplies that help professionals and kitchen cooks prepare and serve delicious foods.
Culinary Couture Cooking Utensil Set
Purchase this high-quality cooking utensil set from Culinary Couture and it could very well be the last cooking utensil set you will ever buy.
These pieces have been constructed from 304 grade stainless steel. They are sturdy and ready to handle any recipe you a looking to prepare. The handles of each piece are ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and function.
The silicone is heat resistant and provides plenty of protection for the utensils and they will never damage or scratch your cookware. They are dishwasher safe too for easy clean up. This high-quality set includes all the utensils you need to prepare a number of dishes. The pieces included are:
- Spatula turner
- Slotted spoon
- Pasta server
- Solid serving spoon
This set is perfect for anyone who loves to cook regardless of their skill level. It is available in black as well as several gorgeously bright colors that match many color schemes. The colors available are bright orange, black, dark green, light blue, lime green and hot pink.
Kitchen Maestro Stainless Steel Utensil Set
Whether you are sautéing, serving, mashing, stirring or frying, the Kitchen Maestro cooking utensil set provides you with all the preparation and serving utensils you could ever need.
The durable stainless steel is high quality, long lasting and has heat resistant rubber handles that are comfortable and safe to use while cooking. All the pieces are dishwasher safe for easy clean up.
Included in this useful and quality-made set is:
- Serving fork
- Slotted spoon
- Potato masher
- Serving spoon
- Spaghetti server
- Soup ladle
- Sauce ladle
- Spoon skimmer
- Slotted turner
- Steel turner
There is a convenient hole in the end of every handle for easy hanging and storage. The handles are an attractive red color which will look great in any modern kitchen. They come in a box that is perfect for wrapping for a gift.
Elite KitchenwareTM Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensils
This professional grade cooking utensil set includes every accessory you need to prepare and serve any dish.
Each piece is constructed from thick stainless steel and features heavy-duty silicone heads that won’t burn or melt like cheap varieties. There is a hole at the end of each piece for maximum storage convenience.
The high-quality silicone will not damage or scratch expensive cookware or bakeware and the pieces are heat resistant up to 480 degrees. This set is made to last a lifetime.
This attractive and functional set of cooking utensils is FDA approved and latex and BPA free for maximum safety during use. All pieces are dishwasher safe for fast and easy clean up.
There are 10 different utensils in this functional set, including:
- Serving spoon
- Pasta server
- Strainer spoon
- Julienne peeler
- Can opener
As you can see, this set has all bases covered for preparing your meal. Customers are provided with a LIFETIME, no hassle, money-back guarantee. This set will look beautiful and professional in any kitchen with its stainless-steel handles and neutral, black silicone heads. This cooking utensil set makes an excellent gift for someone who loves to cook using high quality pieces. They will never need to purchase another utensil set.
Having the right cooking utensils is critical to having well prepared dishes in the kitchen. Without serving and stirring utensils it can become difficult to prepare the meals you want to cook for family and friends.
A good quality cooking utensil set should be a staple in every kitchen. They may include a variety of pieces but the most common and critical pieces include: slotted spoons, a pasta server, spatulas, and serving spoons.
There are several things you need to consider when you are shopping for a good quality cooking utensil set. Quality construction and materials are of the utmost importance when choosing your set because these two factors play a big part in how long the utensils will last.
The three, top-quality, professional-grade utensil sets we featured above have been designed and constructed to last a lifetime. They include all the pieces you need to prepare any dish properly and easily. Read the buyer’s guide below to learn more about the kind of utensils you should look for when purchasing for your kitchen. Also learn how to sort through the hundreds of choices to make an educated decision.
|Material||304 Grade |
Listing all the cooking utensils that exist could take years. The best and most efficient way of describing the different kinds of utensils is by group, basing each group on the different materials that are used.
- Silicone – Silicone cooking utensils are available in several colors and are very durable and more hygienic than other styles. Silicone cooking utensils are heat resistant and the high-quality brands will not melt or burn like cheap varieties. Silicone is dishwasher safe but can be safely hand-washed as well. Silicone utensils typically have stainless steel handles with silicone heads and sometimes they also have silicone or rubber on the handles.
- Stainless Steel – This widely-used material is common in the construction of cooking utensils, especially in professional kitchens. It is strong, hygienic and will last a lifetime. Stainless steel is also rust proof. Although stainless steel utensils can be safely washed in the dishwasher, hand-washing is recommended to avoid permanent spotting which is a common problem linked to dishwashing detergents. Some stainless-steel cooking utensils are made of one solid piece and others may have rubber or silicone on the handles for improved grip and comfort.
- Plastic – This type of cooking utensil is the cheapest and least durable of all the different types. Plastic melts and burns when used in high-heat applications and has no real durability. Those who use plastic utensils may have noticed that when cooking anything heavy, plastic can be flimsy and bend when you don’t want it to which makes it much harder to prepare and cook food. Plastic is a good choice for temporary use or emergency use but for long term use, you will be better off purchasing silicone or stainless steel.
- Wooden – Wood has been used as a material in cooking utensils for a long time. It can be seen used in the making of spoons, spatulas, and more. Wooden utensils are beautiful but they do not do well in dishwashers. They can dry out and can crack and split when used in high heat applications. If you decide on wooden utensils, be sure to hand-wash them and pat them dry right away. Do not let wooden utensils soak in the sink or the wood will get soft and weak.
Other Types of Utensils
Aside from the standard slotted spoons, serving spoons, spatulas, and pasta servers, there are a few other utensils that are good to have on hand. Some cooking utensil sets have these additional pieces such as the EliteKitchenware set we reviewed above. Otherwise, you may have to purchase them separately, piece by piece.
The extra pieces that are very useful in the kitchen include whisks, can openers, rubber tipped spatulas, rolling pins, mashers, zesters, graters and more. High-quality cooking utensils sets often have these extras that will match the main set so you can have coordinating utensils in your kitchen.
One decision that you should make early on is whether you want to purchase full sets or buy the utensils one piece at a time. The convenience of buying sets, even though they are more expensive, can often outweigh buying piece by piece, especially if the set contains everything you need to prepare the dishes you want to cook.
How to Buy Utensils
The suggestions and tips below will help you sort through the myriad of styles, colors and types of cooking utensils so you can purchase the set that will meet your cooking and preparation needs.
- Decide what utensils you use the most. If you are not sure what you would use, take a walk down the utensil aisle of your local department store and see what is available. Make note of the types you prefer, the look and design of them, and what kind of utensils you want to include with your existing kitchen pieces. This will help you choose a set that includes everything you want and need.
- What type of cooking do you do? If you do a lot of sautéing, frying and stove top cooking you will definitely want to choose a cooking utensil set that is made of long-lasting and durable, stainless steel or silicone. Either of these materials will not melt or burn when used in frying pans or for sautéing at high heat.
- Is color important? If you are looking for a cooking utensil set that coordinates with your kitchen, you will want to look for silicone cooking utensils which are available in many color choices. The silicone set that we mentioned above, the Culinary Couture Set, is available in many beautiful and vibrant colors that can match any number of kitchen themes.
- Don’t look for cheap pieces – You get what you pay for when it comes to cooking utensils, or anything else for that matter. If all you are looking for is cheap, expect to not be satisfied with the look or performance of the utensils. This doesn’t mean you need to spend a huge amount of money, but if you look for quality sets you will not have to continue purchasing new pieces to replace those that become old and worn out.
There are so many different cooking utensils and utensil sets on the market. This can make it feel like a real challenge to choose a perfect set. Now that you have read this buyer’s guide, you will understand the types of materials used in making utensils and determine which ones are the best for you based on your own preferences and needs.
The information in this guide is designed to help you sort through the many, varied choices and get the best cooking utensils you can for the money you would like to spend. If you follow the guide, you will end up with a cooking utensil set that will last a lifetime. Your perfect set will make cooking and preparing meals much quicker, easier and more enjoyable; leaving more time available to spend with family and friends!