Grill Covers Review
The best grill cover is one that fits a number of different grill brands. It is made from heavy duty material that will last under regular, daily use. Our pick, Classic Accessories Veranda Grill Cover, is a well made, heavy duty grill cover that will provide your grill with the protection it needs to stay in pristine condition.
View on Amazon
Introduction to the Grill Covers
If you enjoy grilling out often you will want to ensure that your grill stays in good condition. One of the best ways to ensure this is to purchase a good quality grill cover. Most people keep their barbecue grills outside which means they are exposed to the elements.
Even heavy duty, durable grills can be damaged b extended exposure to the weather. Purchasing a grill cover for your grill will protect it from the effects of rain and sun. This will extend the life of your grill.
Grill covers are not complicated items but you will need to know the dimensions of your grill as well as the brand name before your purchase. You will also need to learn about the different types of covers that are available and the features that these covers have. This information will help you sort through the different grill covers so you can find the one that is perfect for your grill.
Top Ranked Grill Covers
Classic Accessories Veranda Grill Cover
Protect your grill from rain and sun with the Classic Accessories Grill Cover. This cover is guaranteed to fit all grills that measure 70” x 24” x 48”.
You can use this grill cover for Weber grills as well as other popular brands including Charbroil, Jenn Air, Brinkmann and more. The elastic hem cord has toggles that allow the user to adjust the cover for a custom fit that is snug.
These grill covers are very popular with grill owners for their fashionable design choices, durability and matching accessories that they offer.
The heavyweight Gardelle woven polyester fabric has a water-resistant and repellant undercoating that keeps moisture away from the metal of your grill.
Other features this elegant grill cover offers include air vents that reduce the chances of wind lofting and condensation buildup, padded handles that make sliding the cover on and off convenient and easy, and a zippered pocket on top where you can out grill accessories.
The easy to use, click-close straps snap down over the legs and wheels of the grill to keep the cover secure even if it is windy outside. This cover comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
Scala Barbeque Grill Cover
Scale Barbecue Grill Cover helps you protect your outdoor grill from the elements. Repeated exposure to sun, rain and snow can cause grills to become rusty. You want to keep your investment protected by ensuring that it has protection from these harmful elements.
The Scala Grill Cover will fit the majority of medium-sized grills that measure 58” x 24” x 48”. It can be used for Brinkmann, Jenn Air, CharBroil and Weber.
The durability of this grill cover is a reliable way to protect your grill all year round. The design is elegant and looks great on the deck or porch. This grill cover features air vents that reduce condensation and the chances of wind lofting.
Other features include a waterproof, heavyweight protective backing and guard skirt for all over protection. The fabric is 600d denier fabric and can withstand wind, sun, and rain.
The padded handles make it easy to take the cover off and put it back on once you are done grilling for the night and it has cooled down. The special straps click closed over the legs and wheels to protect the cover from blowing away in strong winds. The double-stitched seams give the grill cover plenty of strength.
This durable grill cover comes with a 90 day money back guarantee and a three year warranty against manufacturer’s defects or damage due to tearing. They offer the longest warranty on the market.
LiBa Gas Grill Cover
LiBa offers the highest quality grill cover on the market. It is made from 600d denier fabric that will provide the ultimate in protection for your gas grill. Covers are crucial for barbecue grills that are kept outdoors.
They can protect the metal from wind, sun, cold, heat, bugs, snow or rain. It will fit any grill that measures 58” x 24” x 48”.
Features include Velcro straps to secure the cover to the grill even on the windiest of days and padded handles that make removing the cover much easier.
This cover will fit most brands of gas grills including Weber, CharBroil, JennAir and others. This product comes with a 36 month warranty against rips or tears.
Purchasing a LiBa gas grill cover will ensure that you have a quality product that will protect your gas grill from all the elements that can ruin it.
Grill Cover Summary
If you have a gas grill or regular charcoal grill outside on your porch or deck, it is important to protect it from the elements so it will last as long as possible. The better you take care of the grill, the longer you will be able to use it for cooking delicious meals.
The majority of grills are made from stainless steel or stainless steel that is coated with porcelain. Both of these materials hold up fairly well but they can rust when exposed to the elements. The right grill cover will protect the grill from rust for years.
The three top rated grill covers reviewed above are the kind of grill covers you want to purchase. They are heavy duty, durable and designed to protect your grill from rain, snow, wind, sun and more. If you are looking for something different than these three top choices, read the buyer’s guide below.
The information contained in this guide will provide you with the considerations to think about when you are researching different options. You will also understand the different features that grill covers can have. This information will help you make an informed decision on a grill cover that will provide the ultimate protection for your grill.
Grill Cover Comparison
|70.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||30.90 x 18.10 x 16.90||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||60.00 x 28.00 x 44.40||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||60.00 x 28.00 x 44.00||53.00 x 62.00 x 21.60||62.00 x 25.00 x 50.00|
|Polyester||600D x 300D |
Grill Cover Buyers Guide
There are many different materials that are used to make a grill cover. We have listed the most common grill covers a long with characteristics of each so you can tell the difference between each type.
- Polyester – Polyester grill covers are very durable and lightweight. They dry quickly which is very good for keeping dampness off your grill. Polyester grill covers can be used in any type of climate or weather including winter frost, extreme heat and sun and heavy rains. The fibers used to make polyester grill covers are treated with chemical to be water and sun resistant.
- Vinyl – Vinyl grill covers are waterproof which is their best characteristic. Since this cover will be used outside all the time and will be subjected to the elements, look for covers that have at least 12 gauge vinyl. The lighter vinyl varieties can get damaged fairly quickly forcing you to replace the cover frequently.
- Canvas – Canvas grill covers are very heavy and durable. Canvas is used in tents, shoes and boat sails as well showing how durable and long lasting it is. Canvas covers are long lasting and you can treat them to become fireproof and weatherproof. They can be fairly inexpensive and make an excellent alternative to other grill covers.
Features of a Barbecue Cover
There are several things that you want to look at when shopping around for grill covers. The three main keys in selecting the right cover for your grill. These keys include fit, sturdy material, and the presence of tie down straps.
There are three important keys in selecting the correct grill cover for you grill. The first key is to purchase a cover that fits your grill. An improperly fitting cover will not protect your grill properly. The second important step is to choose a cover that is made out of a sturdy material. The final key to choosing the correct grill cover is to choose one that has some kind of tie down mechanism. We have provided some pointers to look for when you are ready to do some shopping.
- Inside Lining – The inner lining of a grill cover has an important job. It helps the grill cover last longer by preventing tears, exposure and fading. Look for liners that are resistant to mildew and mold. PVC is an excellent lining and its waterproof as well. Avoid such linings as fleece and wool. They can foster mold or house bugs very easily. Other great lining choices are nylon and polyester.
- Size and Shape – You will need the dimensions of your grill before shopping so you can ensure that the different grill covers you consider will fit your grill. If the cover is too large it will be difficult to keep it on during a windy day or storm. It the cover is too small you will notice that the seams and edges will tear and rip easily even if it doesn’t happen right away. Pay attention to the shape of your grill as well. The majority of grills have the same basic shape. Choosing the right shape cover will protect the grill from the different elements that can cause rust and other problems.
- Durability – Durability is a very important characteristic in a grill cover. Covers that are made from heavy duty fabrics that are designed to stand up to the elements and a lot of use will do a much better job protecting the grill. Another benefit to a heavy duty grill cover is less likelihood that it will blow away in a strong wind. These heavy duty grill covers offer the most protection for the grill. Premium covers will be much more tolerant of heat than flimsy ones will. A premium cover will resist heat which means you don’t have to wait until the grill is stone cold before you replace the cover.
- Straps – One of the most important keys to choosing the right grill cover is whether it comes with tie down straps or not. You want to be sure that the grill cover you choose can be secured safely by snapping down the tie downs over or around the legs. This ensures that even in a windstorm, the cover will remain in place, protecting the grill from rain, hail, snow, and other elements.
A lot of grill covers come with these tie downs since they are so important to keeping the cover in place even in a storm or on a windy day.
A grill won’t last if it is not properly protected. The best way to ensure that the grill stays in great condition is to get a good quality grill cover. A heavy duty, quality grill cover will keep dried leaves, dust, debris, animal waste and pollen off of your grill.
The cover also prevents the weather from corroding and rusting the grill which will extend the life of the grill. Another benefit to the grill cover is that you won’t have to clean the grill as much. Every time the grill is not in use it should be covered.
Some grill cover manufacturers make grill covers that are specific to the grill brand. This can be useful if you can find the right one for your specific grill. Brand specific grill covers will cost more since they are so specialized. Generic covers work just as well and can have the same quality as brand specific covers but they cost a lot less.
The three top rated grill covers we have featured above are covers that will work on many different brands of grill as long as the dimensions are correct. They are priced well and have many features that make them even more useful in keeping your grill looking good as new.
Barbecue grills can be very expensive so it is in your best interest to find a grill cover that will provide the protection you need. The cover will protect your investment and ensure that you’re cooking great meals on your barbecue grill for a long time to come.
- Classic Accessories – https://classicaccessories.com/