Parchment Papers Review
The best parchment paper is thick and durable so it won’t tear during use. Our pick, Kirkland Signature Non Stick Parchment Paper, is the perfect parchment paper for all of your cooking needs.
Introduction to the Parchment Papers
Parchment paper is a baker’s must have whether you are professional or you just bake for enjoyment. This heavy duty paper is sold in rolls and also in pre-cut forms like rounds, squares and rectangles in a number of different sizes. It is very popular as a means of preventing food from sticking to baking pans and cookie sheets. It is moisture resistant, grease resistant and makes clean up a breeze.
Choosing the right parchment paper for your needs is not too complicated if you know ahead of time what you are looking for. Parchment paper isn’t really that different from company to company but there are many different shapes and sizes available to fit many baking tasks.
There are many reasons to get parchment paper if you do a lot of cooking and baking. In this buyer’s guide we will review three of the top rated choices for parchment paper. We will also list what considerations you need to look at when you are researching the different kinds of parchment available.
If you’re not quite sure whether parchment paper is a good choice for you, you will also be able to read about the different things you can do with it and how it can be very beneficial in the kitchen.
Parchment Papers Summary
Parchment paper is a simple, inexpensive way to eliminate the cleaning mess that comes along with baking and cooking. It is easy to use and you will find that once you start using it, you won’t be able to go back to not using it.
Using a good quality, durable parchment paper ensures that your baked goods and other foods won’t stick to the pans. Instead they will just slide right off the baking sheets and pans keeping the shape of the cookie intact.
The three choices of parchment paper that we have provided for you are good quality, strong examples of the kind you want to have as a staple in your kitchen. You can be confident that your cleaning time will be drastically cut when you use parchment to handle your baking and cooking needs.
To learn more about choosing the right parchment paper and in learning the benefits and uses parchment paper can have in your own kitchen, read our buyer’s guide below. The information we have provided will help you understand just what you can do with this useful kitchen accessory.
No one likes to spend hours in the kitchen cleaning up stuck on food. Using any one of the parchment paper choices we have reviewed above will eliminate those difficult cleaning sessions and allow you to spend more time with family and friends and less in the kitchen, cleaning.
Parchment Paper Comparison
Parchment Paper Buying Guide
The major use for parchment paper is to line baking pans so the food you are baking doesn’t stick to the pan. You won’t have to grease your pans when you use parchment paper and you will be amazed at how easy it is to clean up. Cooking cakes and cookies has never been so easy for you. The parchment paper lined sheets and pans allow the food to just slip right off.
Using parchment paper allows cooks to pick up a whole batch of cookies from the pan and just slide them onto a wire rack without having to get your fingers burned. You can even use parchment to make disposable pastry bags and it is perfect for cooking foods en papillote. This is an envelope that is made from the parchment and the food and seasonings are put inside the envelope and cooked that way.
We’re just getting started telling you all the different ways parchment paper can be a useful item for you to keep in your kitchen at all times. We’ve listed some of the most common uses for it below:
- Lining cookies sheets, cake pans, baking dishes – If you love to bake cookies you will love how easy parchment paper makes this fun baking activity. It is perfect for baking cookies of all kinds, even down to the most delicate of cookies. You can use the same parchment for several batches of cookies if you are baking more than one batch at a time. You can also line basked pasta dishes, lasagna pans and cake pans for delicious dishes without the nightmare of baked on foods to worry about later. A quick tip is to lightly spray the cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray before you place the parchment on the pan. This helps the parchment stay in place.
- Use as a “bowl” when mixing dry ingredients – Parchment paper can be placed on a counter and you can sift the dry ingredients for your recipe right onto the parchment. Once you are done, just lift up the parchment carefully and pour it right into your bowl to add the wet ingredients. Doing this eliminates another dish to wash and keeps everything in one place.
- Store Leftovers Efficiently – Parchment paper is the perfect way to store leftovers so they are ready to be reheated and enjoyed the second time around. Just place a piece of parchment between chicken, pizza slices, burgers or any individual foods. You can also use it to separate patties and other foods during the freezing process so you can keep them separate.
- Wrap baked goods neatly – Use parchment to carefully wrap up your baked goods and then tie them with twine for a neat and simply elegant food gift.
- Great for Unique Dinners – Place vegetables and meat inside a parchment paper envelope, put oil on the top and wrap up tightly then bake in the oven after laying the envelopes on a cookie sheet. No clean up really, just toss the envelopes away and rinse the baking sheet off.
- Make Unique Placemats for the Kids – Parchment paper makes perfect placemats for the kids that contain the mess and make clean up super simple; just toss them away when dinner is over.
- Preserve the Cleanliness of Your Microwave – Cover your dishes with a piece of parchment when microwaving so there is far less splatter. You will be thankful you did when you see how much cleaner your microwave is.
- Fun and Easy Snack Cones – Make fun French fry cones at home with parchment paper. Roll the parchment into a cone and secure with tape, then fill with delicious hot fries. After you’re done just toss the cones away.
- Can replace cupcake papers if needed – If you find yourself unexpectedly without muffin cup inserts, parchment can be cut into 5” squares and then after spraying the muffin pan, press the squares down into each cup. To avoid folds in your cupcakes or muffins, press the parchment firmly against all sides of the cup.
- Doubles as a cooling space – If you’re cooking large batches of cookies and run out of cooling racks, spread parchment paper onto your counters and slide the cookies onto the sheets of parchment to cook without worry of them sticking.
Parchment paper can be a real lifesaver when it comes to saving yourself a big mess after cooking and baking. Whether it’s cookies you are baking or several lasagnas, using parchment paper can shave tons of time off of your clean up processes afterwards. It makes a big difference in how easy your cookies, cakes, breads and many other foods come out of the dishes or slide off the baking sheets.
Even though there are not drastic differences in parchment paper from one company to the next, there are some brands out there that are flimsy and that tear easily which only add to your messes. You want to look for parchment paper that is durable, thicker and easy to use.
All three of the top rated choices we have featured here for you are from excellent companies that know that parchment paper should be thicker and non stick to be the most useful for baking and cooking applications. Any one of them is an excellent choice to add to your kitchen to cover a multitude of kitchen cooking and baking tasks.
The information that we have provided for you has shown you just how useful parchment paper can be in your own kitchen. You will be able to sort through the different choices and choose the right one for your needs that you will not be able to live without. Once you have used a good quality parchment paper you will never go back to greasing pans again.
- Beyond Gourmet – http://beyondgourmet.net/index.php