Wall Mirrors Review
The perfect wall mirror is made from quality materials and style that enhances the room it is placed in. Our pick, Lulu Decor, Celebration Wall Mirror, it a fun and decorative wall mirror that has a lot of style and bling.
View on Amazon
Introduction to the Wall Mirrors
Mirrors are used for much more than just looking at your reflection. They can make a small room seem larger and can reflect light into a room that does not have a lot of light coming in.
Because of the exceptionally large variety of styles, shapes, and types of wall mirrors, it can be difficult to choose one for your home. Many people like mirrors simply for decorative purposes and with all these choices that is an easy need to fulfill.
There are several things you want to consider when you are in the market for a wall mirror. These factors will help determine what type and style of wall mirror will be the best for your needs and personal preferences.
The purpose of this buyer’s guide is to give you the proper tools to know what the different types of wall mirrors are and how to sort through the different choices easily. There is no need to become overwhelmed by the number of choice; when you know what you are looking for, shopping becomes much more enjoyable and can even be fun.
Top Ranked Wall Mirrors
Lulu Decor, Celebration Wall Mirror
This beautifully decorative wall mirror measures 24” and was inspired by fireworks. The mirror features a metal frame with tons of glittering crystal accents.
It is a great choice for a more contemporary or modern style home and would look beautiful in any room in the house.
The crystal bling of this wall mirror makes it a perfect gift for a teen or college girl that loves girly things.
The metal frame weighs about 5 or 6 pounds so there is no flimsy feel to this beautiful mirror.
MCS Black Wedge Rectangular Wall Mirror
If you like a more modern design, this Black framed, rectangular wall mirror will fit the bill nicely. This simple but stylish mirror measures 30” x 42” with a 3 ½” frame in a wedge shape. It is also available in a pewter finish that looks great with industrial style décor.
There are hangers included so you can hang the mirror vertically or horizontally. Its contemporary design is perfect for bedrooms, bathrooms, and entryways.
The black finish goes well with any color scheme and makes it work well for a guy or girl’s dorm room or apartment.
Hamilton Hills Rectangular Beveled Wall Mirror
One of the best sellers on Amazon, this beautiful wall mirror features a beveled rectangular shape that looks great in any room in the house. It has no frame which gives it a floating look that goes well in a modern or contemporary home. The solid core backing on the mirror is made of wood and provides stability while preventing distortion and warping that cheaper made styles can have.
The silver backed glass of this simple and elegant wall mirror has polished edges for increased safety and a nice, finished appearance. The reinforced D-ring clips and wall hardware is included so you can choose between mounting the wall mirror vertically or horizontally.
The attractive mirror is a great fit for bedrooms, dorm rooms, bathrooms, entryways, guest rooms and anywhere else you want to add modern and contemporary appeal. This wall mirror comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee that if you are not happy, they will refund your money.
Wall Mirrors Summary
Wall mirrors are found in homes all over the place. Most homes have a number of wall mirrors and some just have the mirrors that are in the bathroom over the sink. If you are looking to add some wall mirrors to your home, you will need to know a few things first before you start researching and shopping. These considerations will help you know where to start looking when it comes to finding the perfect wall mirror for your needs.
We have presented three top rated wall mirrors above that are customer favorites for their quality, style and elegant designs. The first one from Lulu is the perfect choice for any girl’s room or girl’s dorm and has plenty of fun bling in the crystal accents.
The other two are simpler in design, one with a black frame and the other a frameless style that gives the mirror a “floating” look. If none of these top rated choices are quite what you’re looking for, continue reading the buyer’s guide below to learn all about the many different types of wall mirrors there are on the market to choose from.
The information in this guide is designed to provide you with all the knowledge you need to distinguish the differences between the various wall mirrors on the market. It will also help you sort through all those choices so you can make an informed decision on the perfect wall mirror for your needs.
Wall Mirror Comparison
|24.00||30.00 x 42.00||24.00 x 36.00||8.00||6.30 x 6.30||48.00 x 14.00||26.00 x 22.80||8.00||8.00||48.00 x 14.00|
Wall Mirror Buyers Guide
Mirrors all have the same basic design and purpose but there are many differences in the way they are framed, the kind of frames they have and in the way they are shaped as well. The frame of a wall mirror is important in that it can help enhance the décor of the room the mirror is in. Below we have listed some of the different aspects about wall mirrors and how to tell the good ones from the lesser quality varieties.
Wall Mirror Shapes
Mirrors come in many different shapes. Because of all the choices available, the possibilities for using wall mirrors as decorative and functional items are endless. There are 4 basic shapes that most wall mirrors are usually made of:
- Round – Round mirrors are used often for entryways when you need that quick last check before heading out the door. They are available in many different sizes from small circles to huge, large round mirrors that can take up a large space on the wall.
- Oval – Oval wall mirrors have an elegance and grace to them that works very well in homes with a traditional or Victorian flair to them.
- Rectangular/Square – The most commonly chosen shape that can add elegance to any room. They come in many sizes to fill wall space or complement existing décor. Another name for square or rectangular mirrors is landscape or portrait mirrors.
- Abstract – Abstract wall mirrors are most often used for artistic decorating and can have very ornate and unusual frames that surround a mirrored portion. Abstract frames can be geometric, sunburst, broken glass and anything that appeals to the artist that is creating the design.
Mirror Frame Materials
There are several different types of mirror frames that you can choose from. These frames can be made from a variety of materials including:
The choices are endless and depend on the manufacturer. Mirror frames can also come in a variety of styles as well that include Victorian/Vintage, art deco, traditional wood, modern metal, and much more.
It is easy to get caught up in the different designs and have trouble figuring out which ONE you want for your home. The good thing is that there are many rooms in your home that could benefit from having a wall mirror so you could choose different styles for different rooms.
Mirror frames can be gilded and in finishes from gold and silver to bronze or grey. They are very elegant in design and most at home with homes that have a vintage décor. Wooden frames will range from polished, stained designs to weathered frames that look very beachy.
Depending on the frame, it may be stained to enhance the natural grain and design of the wood or look very old and antique. Wooden frames are very popular and have a lot of variety.
Another type of frame is mirrored. These frames are made from individual pieces of glass that have been beveled and usually frame the entire center mirror in different designs and angles. The mirrored frame will reflect light in all different directions. This type of frame makes a great choice for a room you want to add light to.
The frameless mirror is very simple and versatile. It is well suited to simple spaces where you want additional light reflected and maximizes the space as well since there is no frame to worry about.
Mirror Finishes and Edges
Another option that you will have when it comes to all those choices is the finish of your wall mirror. Different finishes can alter the look of the space you are decorating or you can match the finish to your existing décor. Below we have listed some of the more common finishes.
- Color- Some mirrors have a finish that is applied lightly behind the glass that will tint it slightly or even give it a slight pattern. Options usually include metallic, crackled, wood grain or gilded.
- Patina – A patina finish is when the item is made to look distressed or old. This finish looks beautiful in a Victorian inspired home and adds a lot of “days gone by” nostalgia.
- Design– It is possible to choose mirror finishes that have logos, patterns, or designs right on top of the glass. This contemporary design is more for mirrors that are not being used for functional purposes.
- Beveled Edges – When a mirror has a beveled finish this means the edges of the glass are slightly angled. This adds an illusion of the mirror having a frame and adds dimension as well. Frameless mirrors are often beveled.
- Seamed Edges – The edges of a mirror can be very sharp and you can easily get cut if you are not careful. Seamed edges can reduce the chances of getting injured. With a seamed edge mirror, the edges have been dulled and sanded to eliminate the sharpness. A few options in seamed edges are polished flat, ridged and waterfall.
- Pencil Edge – If the mirror you are considering has a smooth, round edge and a matte finish it is a pencil edge style. It is a simple design that is often seen in standard bathroom mirrors.
Wall mirrors can be used to transform the look of a room, especially if care is taken to choose the right size, shape and style of wall mirror and it is put in the right place. They are both decorative and functional, providing family and guests a place to do a quick check on their appearance as well as adding light, style and uniqueness to any room you place them in.
One of the biggest benefits to having a good quality wall mirror is that it can make the whole room seem bigger thanks to the reflective elements. This is very appealing in studio apartment, dorm rooms and even individual teens’ rooms. Other benefits include adding light to a room that doesn’t have many windows, adding a lot of personality or style to a boring wall and much more.
Choosing the right wall mirror is very simple once you have taken the time to look at a few different factors such as the space you want to put it, the shape you want and the function you have for the mirror. Now that you have all this information, you will be able to research wall mirrors with a totally different mindset and knowledge that will make the process simple and easy.