We spent over 30 hours researching and testing 12 different pet strollers and found that number of wheels, number of mesh openings, and overall weight were most important. The Gen7Pets Promenade Pet Stroller scored high marks in all categories and is our top pick. The mesh canopy on this pet stroller provided our pets with plenty of air circulation so they didn’t overheat in the stroller. The design of the ergonomic handle allowed us to walk at a normal pace and was comfortable to hold. The attached basket has a zipper that prevents belongings from falling out while you are walking.
Best Pet Stroller
With the increase in popularity of being outdoors and enjoying such activities as walking, running and jogging, pet strollers have given pet owners the opportunity to bring their pets along for their daily outdoor time. Small dogs can get very tired on long walks, yet they love being outdoors.
A pet stroller enables them to start off on the leash, trotting and getting their exercise and when they start to tire out, they can ride the rest of the way in safety and comfort without impeding whatever activity their owners were participating in or having to be left at home because they can’t finish the whole walk.
Top 10 List
|2||Happy Trails||< 30||2|
|3||Outward Hound||< 15||4|
|6||All Terrain||< 30||3|
|7||Pet Gear||< 70||1|
Gen7Pets Promenade Pet Stroller
The Gen7Pets Promenade Pet Stroller is the perfect way to bring your cherished pet along for your run, walk or jog.
The canopy is made of mesh and opens up and moves out of the way so your little pet has more space than other strollers typically have.
The ergonomic handle has more walking room when you’re pushing the stroller which means you can walk at a normal, comfortable pace.
The basket that is attached to the stroller is fully enclosed and has a rear zipper that holds all your belongings so they don’t fall out but they are still easy to get a hold of when you need them.
Another benefit to this great pet stroller is the Smart-Fold Mechanism that allows you to fold the stroller easily from the handle so no struggles. There is even a handle accessory tray and two water bottle holders so you can stay hydrated and bring along another bottle for your pet too.
Pet Gear Happy Trails Pet Stroller
Going for a long walk and your pet wants to go? Then you AND your pet will love the Pet Gear Happy Trails Pet Stroller.
It contains and protects your pet whether you are taking a long walk in the city, or even shopping at the mall.
The Euro-Canopy is fashionable and functional; the weather guard is conveniently removable and it has other great features too including a pet parent tray, large basket for carrying leashes, water for your pet and other supplies.
The front wheels swivel, making it easy to maneuver and the shock absorbers make the ride comfortable for your pet even over rougher terrain.
Rear brakes keep the stroller from getting away from you and endangering your pet. It even has a convenient waterproof pad inside in case your put gets it dirty or even has an accident. This is the perfect pet stroller for those pets 30 pounds and under. The mesh windows all the way around keep airflow going and provides plenty of ventilation as well as keeping bothersome insects off your pet while you are outdoors.
When the pet stroller is not in use, you can fold it up and store it away in five seconds! Perfect for putting in the trunk of the car or when you visit other people’s homes. If you want a great stroller at a great price that gives you everything you need for a safe and fun outdoor walk, this is one that can fit the bill easily.
Outward Hound 21011 Walk N Roll Pet Stroller
Now your beloved pet can be safe and ride along with you while you take your morning job with the Outward Hound walk N Roll Stroller.
The padded bottom keeps the ride smooth for your fur kid and the top shade keeps the hot sun off them and locks in place as well. It is a perfect stroller for small dogs.
The padded bottom can be removed to give the pet more room inside the “carrier” area of the stroller. The seating area is fully enclosed with a zip top that provides plenty of important ventilation for your pet during your walk or run.
The brakes are lockable and provide more safety for your pet when you need to stop and keep the stroller in a stopped position. You have a convenient cup holder and tray that is built into the handle and when you need to travel with it, whether to the store, mall or out of town, it folds up quickly or easily.
Pet strollers are great for when you need to take your small pet to the vet, the park, the mall or just on a walk around the neighborhood. Your little dog can enjoy the trip and you won’t need to worry about them becoming too exhausted.
|33.10 x 20.50 x 39.80||37.00 x 8.00 x 15.00||27.00 x 17.00 x 41.00||13.00 x 17.00 x 7.00||22.00 x 15.00 x 16.00||21.00 x 13.50 x 20.00||30.00 x 13.00 x 22.00||16.00 x 12.00 x 17.00||36.50 x 9.88 x 15.55||32.00 x 23.00 x 25.00|
|< 60||< 30||< 15||< 30||< 30||< 30||< 70||< 30||< 30||< 150|
If your dog loves to go on runs with you but tires out too soon, a pet stroller may be the solution to your problem. All three of these top rated pet strollers provide the opportunity for pet owners to bring their pets along with them on walks, runs and jogs as well as shopping trips.
They will be protected, safe, and comfortable in one of these pet strollers and you will have the peace of mind knowing that your cherished pet gets to spend even more time with you doing something they enjoy.
Below is a detailed buyer’s guide that will give you the pertinent information you need on buying the right pet stroller for your pet. With the proper information you will be able to sort through all of the different choices available and choose the one that perfectly fits your needs and preferences.
What is a Pet Stroller?
Pet strollers have not been around for a long time but over the last few years in particular, they have become more popular which has opened up a lot more opportunities for pet owners. Before you begin the search for a pet stroller for your fur kid, there are several things you should know the answer to that will help you determine what type of pet stroller would work best for you.
- Will you be using your pet stroller on sidewalks, gravel, sand or dirt trails? The kind of terrain you will walking or jogging on with your pet stroller plays a factor in the type of wheels you would need to look for. Small wheels work great if the terrain is smooth and even like a sidewalk. If you’re on rougher terrain, the larger wheels, usually about 11”-12” will be much better and easier to use.
- What is the frequency you will using the pet stroller? – If you will only be taking your dog for the occasional walk, then a low end model will more than likely succeed. If you will be using it for exercising and daily power walks or jogging, you want a model that can withstand frequent use.
- Will you be taking short walks or long ones? – If you’re just going for a short walk around the neighborhood, comfort won’t be that big a deal. If you’ll be taking long jogs or strolls, opt for a model that has padded handles and large wheels. These features make the pet stroller much more comfortable to push for the pet owner and ride in for the pet.
- Are your walks casual walks or power walks? – There’s a difference between a casual pleasure walk and a strenuous power jog or walk. If you’re just taking a casual stroll around the block, stability and durability won’t play as big a part in the model you choose. The more strenuous the walk or jog, the stronger the pet stroller needs to be so it lasts a long time. Things like inflatable rubber tires and even those with three wheel configurations are much better for joggers and power walkers.
- How much storage room do you have? – If you have a small space in which to store the pet stroller when you’re not using it, there are many different models of collapsible strollers on the market for you to choose from. These models take up much less room since they can fold up to be stored.
- Will you be traveling often or going up and down stairs? – If you travel a lot with your pet and will be taking the pet stroller along with you, you want one that is lightweight and easy to collapse for going up and down stairs or traveling a lot.
- How many dogs will you be strolling? – Do you have one small dog or two or more? Pet strollers are given a rating based on the weight the frame can safely handle while still performing well. In addition to the weight rating, you need to consider the size of the pets and make sure they have plenty of room to maneuver and be comfortable rather than being squished.
- Will you be using the pet stroller on windy or rainy days? – If you’ll be taking the pet stroller out on days where there is inclement weather, you want to be sure to get one that is made of rain resistance fabric or that has rain and wind guards to protect your pet from the elements.
- Height Handle – If you’ll be running with the pet stroller, one of the things that many consumers forget to consider is the height of the stroller handle. For those running, look for strollers that have handles at least 37” high. This will prevent the possibility of kicking the wheels as you’re running and pushing the pet stroller. The models that work well for those who work out with the pet stroller in tow tend to be the heavier duty, larger ones that can handle the demands placed on it. These types may be listed as all terrain, jogging pet strollers or even off-road pet strollers.
- Weight Limits and Size – Most strollers have weight limits and while they are important, take into consideration the size of the stroller as well. If your pet is at the larger end of the weight limit, you should opt for a larger stroller that allows the pet to stand, sit and even turn around comfortably.
- Comfortable Height Levels – Some models of pet strollers are low to ground and others have the carriage part of the stroller up higher. Many of the higher seating areas have convenient storage compartments underneath to carry keys, water bottles, and even a small bowl for the pet to drink from should they get thirsty on the excursion. Larger dogs that may have mobility issues will do better with a model that has a lower seating area.
- Privacy Area – While this seems to be most important for cat owners, even small dogs like to have a place they can get some privacy. This is obtained by having a model that has part of the seating area covered by a canopy which will provide them privacy and not make them feel like they are sitting out in the open.
- Removable Pad – A removable pad is a feature of many pet strollers which makes it very easy to take out and clean if needed. It is much easier to take the pad out and clean it in the event of an accident or simply dirty paws rather than trying to clean the stroller itself.
- Reasonable Cost – There are many different price points available depending on the model of pet stroller you want. A lower end, less expensive model will typically have fewer features but not always. Don’t choose the cheapest pet stroller you can find because this may lead to disappointment as well as an inferior product. It is better to choose the stroller on the features it has that you need and want. You should still be able to find medium to higher end models at good prices that you can afford.
- Easy to Clean Fabric – Since your passenger is a dog or cat, you may have to deal with clean ups from time to time. In addition, pets shed, so getting hair on the interior of the pet stroller is almost a certainty. Finding models that have easy to clean fabrics will help keep the stroller looking good as new and will make the trips more enjoyable for your pet too.
- Durability – If you’ll be using your pet stroller every day you want to find models that are built more rugged. This will ensure that the investment you make in your pet’s stroller will be worthwhile and the stroller will last for many years.
- All Terrain Capability – You will find your pet stroller much easier and enjoyable to use if it is all terrain capable. What this means is that is has features such as larger tires that are inflatable, a fixed front tire that won’t swivel on rough terrain and that is all weather capable so you can use it even if it’s raining outside.
- Foldable for Easy Travel and Storage – Not everyone has the room for a full size stroller to size around, even a pet stroller, so having the capability to fold up can be really convenient. It is also a necessity if you travel with your pet and pet stroller or simply need to drive to the park, store or other location that is not right in your neighborhood. Most foldable pet strollers do so easily and efficiently and are easy to maneuver.
When it comes to choosing the right pet stroller for your needs, it is important to have the information needed to make that choice easier. The information contained in this buyer’s guide provides you with the knowledge you need to sort through the different models available and choose the one that will be perfect for your pet and your preferences as well.
Pet strollers are a great way to take your pet with you on walks, shopping trips and exercise sessions without worry that they will tire and cut the trip or workout short. They are getting more popular with each passing year and will continue to do so as long as people want to bring their pets along with them the way they do currently.
When you know what the features are for a great pet stroller, you can be confident that the one you choose will last you a long time and fulfill the needs you have.