Whether you’re looking to find your first tool pouch, or purchase a replacement, you’re going to see that these top rated pouches are the ones that customers have come to stand by.
Introduction to the Tool Pouch
Tool belts are iconic, but they’re also incredibly functional. Whether you’re a professional, or just someone that works around the house, you know that you’re only as good as your tool pouch. Whether you’re looking to find your first tool pouch, or purchase a replacement, you’re going to see that these top rated pouches are the ones that customers have come to stand by. They’re known for their quality construction and durable materials that make them stand up strong against the competition. You can purchase one of these belts with confidence, or you can consult our buyer’s guide to see what else is out there.
Top Ranked Tool Pouches
DEWALT DG5103 Small Maintenance and Electrician’s Pouch
This handy tool pouch gives you a large main pocket and small front pocket that allows for convenient access to the various tools that you store within. There are also web loops and sleeve pockets that give you multiple storage options.
You simply attach the rear clip to your belt, and you’re all set to go. The pouch is made from durable ballistic poly fabric that includes a reinforced edge so that it can take a real beating without showing any signs of wear. The pouch also comes with a handy flashlight, electrical tape strap and a carabiner to hold your keys.
Customers love this tool pouch because it’s comfortable to wear and gives you a safe and secure place to store your tools, so that you can find exactly what you’re looking for in a snap. This pouch is also affordable, so you can be sure that you’re getting great value for your dollar.
Custom Leathercraft 5505 Professional Electrician’s Tool Pouch, Ballistic Poly, 12-Pocket
This handy tool pouch from Custom Leathercract features a double layer of rugged, ballistic polyester fabric. There are two main pockets and three smaller pockets, which makes it easy to store all your tools and then quickly find them when the time is right.
There are also 6 large screwdriver holders so, if you’re someone that owns a lot of them, this is the pouch for you. There’s an electrical tape chain and tool snap that adds versatility to this product, as well as a metal clip that holds all measuring tape sizes.
This is the go-to tool pouch for people that have a varied array of tools that need to be carried on the go. Perfect for professionals or DIYs, this pouch is made from the most durable materials and it’s guaranteed to take a beating. If you’re someone that wants to find the right tool at exactly the right time, and doesn’t want to be fumbling through a tool box, then this pouch is the solution for you.
Bucket Boss 54140 Tool Pouch with Flap Fit
This handy tool pouch from Bucket Boss features a durable construction and fine imported fabrics that make it sure to stand the test of time. With its innovative poly rip stop material, it’s going to show less signs of wear and tear, and the 9 pockets and 8 tool loops make it convenient for storing all your precious tools.
There are also clips for tape measuring devices, as well as tools and keys. The web loop is also designed to hold tape rolls. This is a top rated tool pouch because it’s comfortable to wear and ultra convenient. Customers consider this to be the best of the best, because it gives them more storage space without the added bulk.
If you’re someone that has a lot of tools, and for professional reasons you need to have these tools on your person at all times, then this pouch is going to be a wonderful investment for you.
Top Rated Tool Pouch Summary
These top rated tool belts are the favorites among customers because they make the work day easier, and they’re made from solid materials that are going to stand the test of time. You can stop your search right here and select one of these belts, or if you’re looking for something different, consult our buyer’s guide to see what is out there. There are so many different kinds of belts on the market, so this guide will help to narrow your search so you can find what you’re looking for.
Tool Pouch Buyers Guide
What is a Tool Pouch?
Tool belts are incredibly handy for those who work on projects around the house or the workshop, and there is a wide variety of styles to choose from out there. The kind of tool belt that you get will depend upon the kinds of projects that you’re working on. Some belts have accessories that will help you to hold specific tools and project supplies, so that you know where everything is at all times. This guide is going to help you to understand the different kinds of pouches that are on the market, so that you know what you’re looking for. You can purchase these belts at home improvement stores, tool warehouses, or at hardware stores. There are even some department stores that sell them as well.
Detachable Tool Belt Accessories
You’ll find that some tool belts come with attachments that make holding tools more convenient, such as a pouch or tool holder with a loop so that you can hang various tools from your waist. Some will also include an actual strap that is built into the tool holder, and this will have a buckle in the back. We’re going to take a look at different detachable and slip-on tool belt attachments. A belt holder is not like a traditional belt, but instead it’s an accessory that holds tools on one’s belt. There are several designs that are available, and the kind you get should depend upon the kinds of tools that you are using.
- Drill or Hammer Holders: This kind of tool holder is a leather loop that slips onto a belt with a metal hoop that comes out from the waist. This hoop is going to be big enough to hold the nose of a cordless drill. You can slip your drill into the hoop and then let it hang from your waist so that your hands are free to work on other tasks. This can also function as a hammer holder, and this makes the conventional claw hammer able to hang by its head with the handle sliding through the loop.
- Tool, Nail, or Screw Pouches: These pouches are similar to drill holders in that they provide a loop that the belt slips through. But unlike a drill holder, these have pockets to hold screws, tools, and nails. You can get a single pouch pocket or many pockets on the same loop. Pocket depth closest to the waist is the deepest, and then the second pocket is attached to the outside of the first, and the third is attached to the second. You’ll find these pouches made in various materials, but the cloth pouches are the least expensive, albeit not as sturdy. Leather pouches are the most durable and they’re going to prevent sagging and collapsing.
- Belt Hooks: This is a slip-on attachment that is like a simple metal hook. This kind of slip-on hook will have a leather loop attachment so that your belt can slip through it, and it may also have a metal clip, clamp, or loop as part of the hook body. You can use this loop for closed-end wrenches, lanyards, or any tool that has an open hole for hanging on a pegboard.
- This is the most common kind of tool attachment that you’ll find, and it’s a slip-on latched pouch for multi-tool use. This is often made of rugged cloth or leather, and they are great for many different tools, razors, knives, and so much more. They come with a flap that closes over the tools and attaches to a pouch. The design of this attachment is easy to use, so you get single-hand retrieval of your tool, while also giving it a secure place to be stored on your person. The great thing about this attachment is that it allows you to customize your tool belt. Combined with the other attachments that we described, it allows you to design your tool belt exactly as you’d like it, so everything is where you want it to be.
Conventional Tool Belts
Conventional tool belts are different than tool attachments, because they already come with their design in tact, so there’s less customization. They come in various designs and materials, but the most common are leather, polyester, nylon, and cloth. Each of these materials have their advantages and disadvantages. When it comes to selecting the right belt for you, it really is a personal decision. You want to consider what is most comfortable, and what items you’re going to be placing on the belt. The most popular version of this is the leather tool belt, but sometimes people want materials that are more flexible. Really when it comes down to it, there are as many tool belts as there are workers, because each person has their own needs and preferences.
- Leather Tool Belts: You’ll find that hard leather or suede leather tool belts have open pouches for holding smaller tools. There are usually two hoop rings to hold a cordless screwdriver and a claw hammer, as well. This is the tool belt of choice among carpenters, because they stand the test of time and are quite rugged. This is a very sturdy material that will hold a tape measure onto it without allowing a nail or screw to poke out.
- Polyester or Nylon Canvas Belts: Workers like canvas tool belts because they’re quite flexible. They have an open or sealable pouch system that allows you to hold almost any type of small tool or piece of equipment. This kind of belt also has a lightweight feel so that you can add more tools without feeling too much weight and bulk. This kind of belt can also be configured with extra options. You can add a shoulder harness, and this will help to divert weight from the waist and allows you to carry more tools by redistributing the weight. You can also get a belt with an elastic back support panel for added security. When you have a back brace as part of the belt you can prevent backaches and pains.
- Cloth Tool Belts: This is the original kind of tool belt, and it’s a cloth apron design with pockets that ties behind your back, and some workers still love to use this kind of belt. This is a lightweight tool belt that is never cumbersome, and still holds all necessary tools and supplies for small projects. This is the ideal solution for craft projects or light-duty jobs around the house. These are the least expensive tool belts that you will find.
Tool belts make it easy and convenient to take all your tools on the go, and having one is a necessity if you’re a professional. They add efficiency and convenience to your day, and they prevent you from having to walk back and forth to your tool box. You’re going to find that there are a ton of tool belts out on the market, and they’re all made from various materials and have different designs to suit your needs. Finding the right belt for you is about knowing what job you’re going to be working on, and which tools you need to carry around most of the time.
You can find tool belts that come at various prices, and they can be purchased either in stores or online. If you’re not buying one of the top rated tool belts, it’s recommended that you go into your local store to try some belts on so that you know exactly what it is that you’re getting. No matter what belt you get, you’re going to see that whether you’re a professional or a homeowner, having a tool belt is going to make getting various tasks done much easier, so that you add some convenience to your day. Be sure to select something that suits your tastes, and your unique needs.
A worker is only as good as their tool belt, and there are many of them out there to choose from. It can seem daunting at first when finding the right belt for you, because you may be overwhelmed with all the choices. These top rated tool belts are the ones that you know that you can trust, and they’ve shown time and again that they can stand the test of time. The buyer’s guide took it a step further, highlighting the various kinds of belts on the market so that you can make a sound purchase. No matter which of these belts you choose, you’re going to see that it’s much easier to get through your work day when you have the right belt around your waist.