then no doubt you’re probably considering
purchasing new ones. The old ones are not
going to be of great quality, and
there are plenty of high quality alternatives
on the market that are going to provide you
with the sound quality that you crave.
6×9 Speaker Comparison
BOSS AUDIO CH6930
|Power||600 W||600 W||650 W||400 W||400 W||1200 W||600 W||400 W||650 W||600 W|
|Polyetherimide cone tweeter||Polyimide Cone Midrange||Silk dome flush mounted tweeter||Swiveling Silk Ring-Dome Tweeter||Film Dome Tweeter||Silk dome flush mounted tweeter||Mylar/titanium composite dome tweeters|
|Integrated tweeter crossover||Vacuum |
|Poly Injection Woofer Cone||Vacuum|
|Hybrid Fiber Woofer Cone||Blue Poly Injection Cone||Integrated tweeter crossover||One woofer cone |
|27 Hz to 37 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz||22 Hz to 30 kHz||20 Hz to 50 kHz|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||3 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
6×9 Speaker Buying Guide
What is a 6×9 Speaker?
It can be daunting when it comes to finding the right speakers for you, especially if you’re a first time buyer. When you are inexperienced, you tend to buy the largest, most expensive set of speakers that you can find, thinking this is the best way to get the loudest, highest quality speakers. But this is not always going to be the case. You’re going to need to have some basic knowledge about speakers before you make a purchase.
There are so many factors that you need to consider before you purchase speakers, and these include the size of the speakers, the connection and cabling, the power output, frequency response, materials, and so much more. These factors may not all seem important to you, but the truth is that you want to consider all of these things so that you’ll find the right speakers for you. You need to pay attention to details so that you get the perfect system running in your car. When you make an informed decision then you’re much more likely to end up with speakers that you totally love, and give you the best possible quality imaginable. At the end of the day, it all comes down to finding something that fits your needs.
Upgrading In-Car Speakers Considerations
When you’re upgrading your speakers you need to first decide which speakers in your car are in need of changing. Most cars come equipped with four speakers and this includes the two front speakers and the two back speakers in the back doors and dash. Sometimes people choose to only replace two of the four speakers, and in this case, it is the front speakers that get changed, because these are the ones that are closest to the driver.
But if you want to increase the volume of your speakers, especially bass, then it’s going to be smarter to change the back speakers with two 6x9s, as these are easier to install in hatchback cars. These are the most affordable speakers and they’re space efficient, while their volume increase is quite clear. Here are some factors that you want to consider when you make a purchase of new speakers.
- Speaker Sizes: There are basically five speaker sizes that you can choose from to be installed in used cars. Before you make a purchase you want to find out more about the speakers that you want to install in your car. A standard car is going to have 6x9s in the back of the car. If you’re sure that you want to replace your current speakers, then simply uproot them and bring them to your store so that you can compare sizes. However, replacing 6x9s is easy because they’re all the same standard size. It’s easy to buy 6×9 speakers online, and you can find kinds that are geared towards various makes and models of car, so that you can get the perfect fit. Once you have your new speakers you can easily slip them into the existing receptacles of your car. You also want to consider the depth, because mounting depth in some cars is limited. So get a pair of speakers that aren’t too deep for your car.
- Component vs. Coaxial Speakers: Some people say that component speakers are better than coaxial. Coaxial speakers are known as full range speakers, and they’re the most common type of in-car speakers, and they have multiple drivers which makes them emit a broader range of audio frequencies. Most vehicles come out of the factory with coaxial speakers already installed, and therefore upgrading them is a matter of taking out the old ones and using the existing slot.
- Power Output and Handling: The output and power handling of speakers can also be referred to as ‘efficiency’. This is used to describe the amount of sound that is produced by the speakers per wattage.
- Connection and Cabling: With thicker speaker wires you get lower electrical resistance, and this resistance means you get louder volume. Speaker wires with a lower resistance are considered better than using wires with high resistance, and this is due to car audio amplifiers that have better control over speakers. The length of the speaker wire plays a huge role because longer cables create more distance, and this makes for more resistance and vice versa.
- Build Materials: Built-in car stereos are not always of the best quality, and that’s why so many people choose to upgrade. These speakers are going to deteriorate with time, and therefore a simple upgrade is going to seriously enhance your listening experience. You want to purchase speakers that are made from the highest quality materials possible. The speakers with rubber surrounds are going to last longer and improve the overall sound quality. Cloth and foam surrounds are going to deteriorate with time, but they’re still going to be a better choice than paper or foam. Woofers are stiff and lightweight, and they last for a long time and have great response to base. The materials that you’re going to find include coated synthetic fabrics or polypropylene combined with mica. Tweeters are going to be made of hard or soft materials, depending upon what your preferences are.
When purchasing 6×9 speakers, you want to be willing to spend a little more money than you otherwise would so that you can get a product that is of the highest quality. There are tons of different models out there, so it’s not smart to simply go with the cheapest ones that you can find. If you really want the 6x9s to last, then finding the highest quality possible is the smartest choice. Talking to your local dealer or mechanic is always a smart choice, as well as visiting your local auto store to talk about what your options are.
No matter what model you buy, you’re going to see that upgrading your 6x9s is a wonderful way to enhance the sound quality in your car. They’re going to add awesome base and volume, and they’re really going to stand the test of time when you buy them and install them properly. Buying online is also a great option, but sometimes it’s best to buy them in person so that you can get something that you’re able to listen to first.
Being able to hear the sound quality before you purchase ensures that you’re going to get the product that you desire. With so many 6x9s out there, you want to really take your time and do your homework so that you get something that is going to stand the test of time.
Upgrading your 6×9 speakers is a wonderful way to enhance the overall sound quality of your car’s sound system. There’s nothing more awesome than being able to listen to your favorite tunes while on the road, but having a bad sound system will deplete this pleasure. Upgrading your speakers is the easiest way to fix this, and if you still have the factory-installed speakers in your car, then they’re most likely not good enough or deteriorating. Getting new 6×9 speakers is easy, because there are so many models on the market, but it can sometimes be daunting when it comes to making a choice. That’s why our buyer’s guide is going to help you to make the right decision. When you do your homework, then you’re much more likely to find something that suits your needs and will stand the test of time.