Top 10 Tire Shines
|Picture||Tire Shines||Form||Quantity (fl oz)|
|Chemical Guys CLD99764||Gel||16|
|Stoner Car Care||Aerosol||12|
Tire Shine Buying Guide
There are a few things you want to consider when you are looking for the right tire shine for your needs. We have listed these considerations below.
- Easy Application – One of the most important factors you want to look at when considering a tire shine product is how easy it is to apply. If the product is great but application is difficult and messy, most car enthusiasts will pass over it. The best option tends to be a tire shine spray so you can easily spray it on. Leave it for as long as you want and then easily wipe it off.
- Reliable – No one wants to purchase a product that doesn’t work. When looking at different tire shine products look for a product that has an iron-clad guarantee and a strong formula that lasts longer than a couple of days.
- Shine – Most car enthusiasts use tire shine products because they want their tires to shine like they did off the showroom floor. Look for a tire shine product that allows for a choice of shine levels. The different levels are achieved by how long the product is allowed to sit on the tires before you wipe it off. In general, the longer you leave it on, the shiner the tires will be.
Types of Tire Shine
There are two types of tire shine products available on the market: water-based and silicone based. We have listed both types below along with some information about each type so you can decide which formula you want to use for your vehicles.
Water-based – water-based tire shine can be washed with water. Because it is water based you may find that it goes away faster due to being exposed to the elements, especially rainy, wet conditions. Water based tire shines are safer for your tires and since it is easy to remove, you can clean off the old tire shine easily before applying a new coat.
Water based tire shine is usually milky in color but this is not always going to be true so be sure to read the description and label to be certain. The shine from a water-based formula will not be a shiny or glossy as a silicone-based tire shine. You can re-apply it as often as you want and it is almost always bio-degradable.
Other features of water-based tire shine are that it is not greasy or oily and they contain UV blocking agents to protect the tires from UV damage. This is a good choice if you are looking for long term care for your tires.
Silicone-based – Silicone-based tire shine lasts a lot longer than water-based versions. If you want a product that lasts a long time and doesn’t require multiple applications each week, you will be happier with a silicone based tire shine product. Silicone-based tire shine has pros and cons like any other product.
If you are aware of what they are you can be prepared to handle them. One of the drawbacks to silicone based tire shine is that it is hard to remove. This is good if you want long lasting shine that you don’t have to reapply often to achieve. It will also last through several rain storms and washes. The oils in the silicone based tire shine provide a shield that will prevent dirt and moisture from coming into contact with the tire.
A couple of things to keep in mind when considering a silicone based tire shine is that over time they can harm your tires due to the petroleum solvents that are used to produce the product. You will get a glossy shine that is hard to beat but you will need to use multiple layers to achieve the level of shine you want.
These multiple layers can collect dirt as you drive and give the tire a brown look that will look aged. Silicone-based tire shine is usually used for show cars that will not be driven so the chances of that brown look appearing is very slim since the tires are not in contact with the road to collect grime, dirt, grease and oils.
There are several things you want to keep in mind as you are researching the different tire shine products on the market. We have provided these considerations for you below so you will know what to look for when shopping around.
- Great application = Great shine – Many tire shine products have applicators that come with the tire shine itself. The applicator you use and the ease of application will determine how well it works and how good of a shine you achieve. Look for easy-to-apply products, good quality applicators and check out those customer comments to see what consumers have to say who have already purchased the tire shine and have used it on their vehicles.
- Hard Applicators for Rubber – One of the reasons a manufacturer provides an applicator with the product is because they already know what type of applicator would work the best and get the best results from their products. If you are using tire shine for your rubber tires, be certain to get a hard brush applicator for the best results and read those instructions carefully.
- Microfiber towels work the best – When you are purchasing a tire shine, don’t forget to make sure that you have the right kind of rags to wipe it off. Microfiber towels work the best to wipe off the tire shine without leaving it in uneven deposits on your tires. Microfiber towels can be purchased separately and are great for this type of thing. Remember that water-based products can be washed out of towels but it is unlikely you will get your microfiber towels clean when using silicone based tire shine.
All car enthusiasts love it when their cars and trucks look brand new. Even if they are now show cars, you want your vehicle to look as nice as possible. Tires are a very visible part of your vehicle and faded, dusty ones can ruin the look of your car or truck quickly.
For this reason, many car owners use tire shine which is a product that brings back the shine of your tires and makes them look good as new again, tire shine will also protect your tires and the surfaces of your vehicle that you choose to use it on.
We have reviewed three top rated tire shine products to educate you on the types of tire shine that is available as well as to help you understand how to choose the right one, how to choose between silicone or water-based and how to take care of the car or truck after you purchase tire shine.
The information we have provided in this guide is designed to help you sort through all the choices effortlessly and make an informed decision you will be pleased with. When you take a look at your tires after you apply it for the first time, you will be amazed.
- Chemical Guys – http://www.chemicalguys.com/
- TriNova – https://gotrinova.com/
- CarGuys – http://www.carguysdetail.com/products.html