Top 10 Microfiber Car Towels
|12.00 x 16.00||340|
|16.00 x 16.00||300|
|16.00 x 16.00||350|
|22.00 x 30.00||360|
|14.00 x 14.00||300|
|36.00 x 36.00||300|
|12.00 x 16.00||300|
|16.00 x 16.00||720|
|24.00 x 60.00||220|
|16.00 x 16.00||420|
Microfiber Car Towel Comparison
|15% Nylon, |
|12.00 x 16.00||16.00 x 16.00||16.00 x 16.00||22.00 x 30.00||14.00 x 14.00||36.00 x 36.00||12.00 x 16.00||16.00 x 16.00||24.00 x 60.00||16.00 x 16.00|
Microfiber Car Towel Buying Guide
What is a Microfiber Car Towel?
There are some imposter microfiber car cloths out there that claim to be great but once you get them home, you realize that you are dealing with a less than quality product. Before you take the step to purchase microfiber car towels, the most important thing you need to make sure of is that you are purchasing a high quality product that will give you the performance you are looking for.
Make sure that when you are considering a certain type or brand of microfiber car towels that you look at the fiber content. The best quality towels with have a blend of 80% polyester and 20% polyamide. A true 80/20 combination with behave differently than other combinations which can lead to disappointment in the overall product. If you stick to the true 80/20 rule, you will not be disappointed in your purchase.
Microfiber towels with piping around the edges prevent the towels from fraying or unraveling and making them useless. You want to try to ensure that that polyester is used for the piping so it is able to be used multiple times without breaking down. Other edging tends to come apart or wear out easily.
Compare the common features that most microfiber towels have to see who excels and stands out among the difference choices you have available. Once you compare the different towels you will have a better understanding of which ones will work the best for your needs.
The reason that microfiber car towels work so well is because microfiber is charged and literally attracts dirt and dust like a magnet. Another benefit is that it doesn’t leave streaks or lint everywhere so it is a favorite to use on windows and mirrors to obtain a brilliant shine that is flawless.
Differences between Inexpensive Microfiber towels and Higher Quality Styles
- You will find that in the inexpensive microfiber towels, the thread is not split. In the higher quality designs, the threads are split enabling them to absorb up to 8 times their weight in water.
- On cheaper microfiber towels, the threads are larger as well.
- There is little to no polyamide in the less expensive microfiber towels. This typically results in towels that are not absorbent at all which does no good when it comes to washing or drying your vehicles.
Different Types of Microfiber Towels
There are many different types of microfiber towels. They are sometimes measured in “pile” height. We’ve listed the common types and the uses they are typically best suited for below.
- Short pile – 80/20 – 220 GSM Good for general cleaning tasks and for use on non-sensitive areas. The short pile microfiber car towel is great for door jams, car interiors, wheels, exhausts and windows too.
- Medium Pile – 75/25 – 360 GSM the 75/25 medium pile microfiber towels are safe on any surface you want to use it on. It is a lot softer than the 80/20 short pile and has a plush feel to it. It is the perfect choice for applying and removing wax, removing polish, any kind of rinse less washes, buffing the vehicle and cleaning interiors. This is not recommended for super dirty jobs, as it is a higher quality grade.
- Medium Plush Pile – 75/25 600 GSM – The medium plush pile is softer and plusher than the medium pile. It has the same specifications that the medium pile has. It is safe for all surfaces but it is recommended that it only be used on delicate surfaces that can scratch easily.
- Medium Long Pile – 75/25 – 400 GSM – This microfiber towel is super soft and gentle and can be used on all surfaces. It is the perfect choice for applying spray wax and removing it, drying vehicles, boats and motorcycles and for wiping down interiors of all kinds. This is a higher grade pile so it is not recommended for dirty jobs
- Long Pile – 70/30 – 600 GSM – Another microfiber towel that is safe for use on all surfaces. It is truly one of the softest towels you can get and is perfect for buffing and drying to get optimum shine and is great for interiors as well. This is another towel that is not a good choice for dirty jobs.
- Waffle Weave Pile – 80/20 – GSM 350 – You can use this waffle weave towel on all surfaces and it is a terrific towel for cleaning mirrors and glass. It is extremely absorbent making it a great vehicle drying towel.
- Applicator Pile – 70/30 – GSM 350 – This towel is perfect for applying any kind of wax, sealant, glaze, or dressing and is safe for use on all surfaces.
Using Microfiber Car Towels for Cleaning Your Vehicle
Microfiber car towels are very easy to use. If you’re washing the vehicle all you have to do is wet the towel, wring it out well and wipe the vehicle off. If you’re drying it, you do the same thing except in a little different order: wipe first, then wring and wipe again.
These microfiber car towels are perfect for detailing which is quickly removing things that make your vehicle interior look unkempt and messy. These things will include removing water posts, dust, fingerprints, etc. All you need to do is grab one of your microfiber towels, spray lightly with a detailing spray and wipe it off.
Something to remember when you are using these kinds of towels is that you will get the best results if you use the towel in one direction only until the dust and grime is gone. Make sure you flip the towel frequently during the wiping process. Make sure you rinse the towel often with water and wring it out to get the dirt and contaminants off of it that you have picked up from the vehicle.
When you are waxing your vehicle, use the microfiber towels in a back and forth motion and avoid using circles. Using a circular motion usually results in putting some of the dust and grime back onto the vehicle. If you fold and flip the towel over frequently as you wax, you will avoid putting any dirt back onto the vehicle. One the wax is being smeared, change towels and put the first one in the wash. You may end up using 304 per washing.
Keeping Your Microfiber Car Towels in Great Condition
You can wash most microfiber towels in the washer with liquid detergent and make sure to use cold water. Using hot water will cause the fibers to shrink and then the towel isn’t able to be used the way it was intended for.
Never use fabric softener on your microfiber towels. It will ruin the density of the towel by getting into the microfibers of the towel and preventing it from absorbing water much if at all. You will have a super soft towel but it will essentially be a very soft towel that can’t be used.
Never dry your microfiber towels on higher heat than Medium heat. It should be on the same settings as your delicate clothes. If you dry the towel on high heat, it will be just as damaging to the microfibers as washing them in hot water.
When properly cared for and cleaned, microfiber car towels can be used as many as 100 times each before they MAY show some wear. They reduce the amount of supplies you have to purchase because they are reusable and fully washable.
Remember not to wash your microfiber car towels with the regular laundry. Bleach should never be used. One thing you can do is add distilled white vinegar to the load during the rinse cycle. It will act as a natural freshener and softener that will not ruin the weave or fibers if the towels.
Other Uses for Microfiber Car Towels
There are many other tasks that you can use microfiber car towels for. Their use spans many different jobs which is one of the reasons they are so valuable. Other tasks that these special towels will work on include:
- Industrial cleaning
- Medical cleaning
- Window washing
- Swiffer pad replacement
- Kitchen cleaning
- Drying your hair
- Shining and buffing
As you can see, the possibilities are numerous and having multiple packs of microfiber car towels around means all of your cleaning jobs will be done efficiently, thoroughly and completely. Each of the different types of jobs above can use different grades of microfiber towels because some have weaves that are better suited to certain jobs than others are. Some use super fine weaves; others will do better with a waffle style weave. The main goal is to purchase microfiber towels that are of good quality that will last a long time…and that will do the job right.
You may not have realized that something like a microfiber car towel could have features and factors that set them apart from other towels but they do. The information that you have gotten in this guide will help you understand that there are different types and styles, different weaves and different use factors to consider.
The top rated microfiber car towels that have been reviewed here are all high quality microfiber towels that are in high demand for a large variety of jobs. They are available in many different colors that many establishments use as coding to signal a different towel for a different cleaning job.
As a general rule, the lighter the color of the towel, the softer and smoother the texture of the towel will be. Many manufacturers have color coding that helps separate the towels from the tasks they do best handling. This method may work for you too.
Microfiber car towels are the best choice to use when you are washing, waxing, rinsing and detailing. Once you use them for a myriad of tasks, you will never want to go back to sponges or poorly designed rags that are lying around. Make the reasonable investment in any one of these top rated packs of microfiber car towels and it’s likely you won’t have to buy towels again.
Once you start shopping for your own set of microfiber car towels, you can use the information in this guide to help jog your memory on the facts involved in comparing different grades of microfiber towels and choosing the right one for the jobs you need it for.
Many customers choose to get a few different types of these towels so they have the variety to handle many different jobs. This guide is dedicated to helping you save time and money. When you have the right knowledge, sorting through the different choices becomes much easier.