Top 10 Baby Changing Tables
|Table||Dimensions (Inches)||Warranty (Months)|
|Delta||35.00 x 27.50 x 36.75||3|
|Badger||34.25 x 20.75 x 34.50||1|
|Delta Eclipse||35.25 x 21.50 x 36.75||3|
|DaVinci||46.00 x 27.00 x 10.00||12|
|Stork Craft||17.50 x 50.00 x 40.50||12|
|Badger Corner||30.00 x 30.00 x 36.00||1|
|Jenny Lind||36.20 x 19.20 x 40.00||12|
|Dream On Me||36.50 x 20.00 x 39.00||1|
|Jayden||37.20 x 21.40 x 41.00||12|
|South Shore||19.50 x 34.80 x 35.50||60|
Baby Changing Table Comparison
|35.00 x 27.50 x 36.75||34.25 x 20.75 x 34.5||35.25 x 21.50 x 36.75||46 x 27 x 10||17.5 x 50 x 40.5||30 x 30 x 36||36.2 x 19.2 x 40||36.5 x 20 x 39||37.2 x 21.4 x 41||19.5 x 34.8 x 35.5|
Baby Changing Table Buying Guide
Things to Consider
There are several things that you want to look for when you are shopping for baby changing tables. These features will ensure that the changing table you choose is functional as well as safe and stylish too.
- Sturdy construction – Sturdiness is one of the most important things to look for when it comes to a baby changing table. Since you cannot tell the sturdiness of an item that has to be assembled, the best way to ensure this feature is to check customer reviews and comments. People who have purchased the changing table and are using it are the single most reliable source of information when it comes to using the product in real world applications. Read the reviews to see what customers have to say about it once it is assembled. Solid wood items are going to be sturdier after assembly than pressed wood or wood composite items. Many changing tables have both, so look for models that are predominantly made of solid wood.
- Safety Straps – Some parents are adamant about making sure there are safety straps and others would rather not use them. Safety straps on the baby changing table provide additional safety but should never be relied upon as a safe place for the baby to lie while you turn your back, even for a split second. A good rule of thumb is to always have one hand on your baby, even when reaching for diapers, etc. Changing tables are great because all the supplies can be right within arm’s reach.
- Guardrails – Many changing tables have guard rails around the top of the changing that help keep the baby safely on the table. These guardrails should not be looked at as a failsafe method of safety on its own, but it certainly helps along with keeping one hand on the baby.
- Changing Pad – Most changing tables come with a changing pad that can be cleaned easily with a cleaning wipe. There are many different types of changing pads that a baby changing table can come with. The main thing to look for is one that can be easily cleaned. Fabric covered changing pads may feel more comfortable, but you will be washing that changing pad cover on a daily basis which isn’t very convenient.
- Storage Shelves or Baskets – One of the popular features of a changing table is the room it has to store diaper changing supplies, baby clothes, toys and other baby items. Some models have open shelves while others may have baskets that can be filled. This is a matter of personal preference as to which type of storage you like the best. There are even models of changing tables that have a changing table area on top of a dresser.
Types of Changing Tables
There are several different styles of changing tables on the market. Many crib manufacturers create changing tables that match cribs and dressers so the furniture can all match. We have listed the different types of baby changing tables below.
- Freestanding changing table – This is the most common type of changing table that is purchased most often and is used in daycare centers and nurseries as well. This type has a changing area on top with guardrails and open shelving on the bottom for supplies. They come in a large variety of designs, finishes and sizes. The cheaper the price of the changing table the cheaper quality it can be so be certain you are getting a quality piece of furniture for your money. If you plan on having more than one child, you will want to opt for a higher quality baby changing table so it will stand up to daily use for years.
- Retractable Changing Table – This type of changing table is less common and not really a parent favorite due to the cost and the fact that it usually only has barriers on the two short sides which takes away some of the safety.
- Wall Mounted Changing Area – This is not as common in homes, but you will encounter them often in public places and there are some parents that opt for the convenience of a fold down changing station. If you choose this unconventional style of changing table the most important thing is installing it properly on a wall that has the proper supports. If you are not certain what you are attaching the changing station to it is not a safe option and can be even more dangerous if it pulls out of the wall while it is in use.
- Dresser Top Changing Table – This type of changing area can be good IF there is a guardrail around the top of the dresser. Using a regular dresser and putting a changing pad on top is not a good method for setting up a changing station. The pad can slide right off the dresser unless it is affixed somehow. Also make sure that the changing pad top has 2-4 contoured sides. Don’t choose the flat pads for this type of changing table.
Choosing a baby changing table can be a fun experience if you know what to look for and what to avoid. With all of the choices available on the market, it helps to know a little bit about what makes a good purchase. It is a piece of baby furniture that provides a lot of convenience which is why it is so popular among parents.
The information in this buyer’s guide was designed to help you sort through all of the choices so you can easily find the perfect baby changing table for your baby’s nursery. The three top rated changing tables reviewed above are excellent, good quality choices that will provide for all your diaper changing needs while style providing plenty of style.
Once you know what to look for, you can look through the choices, eliminate the ones that don’t meet your needs and choose your favorite. When you experience how convenient they are to use, you will really be glad that you added this to your “must have” list for your baby.