Top 10 Baby Dishes
|Baby Dish||Material ||Suitable for||Package|
|OXO Tot||Plastic / Stainless Steel||12+ months||4|
|Lullababy||Thermoplastic Elastomers, Polypropylene||3+ months||3|
|Gerber Graduates||Plastic||4+ months||4|
|Luv Your Baby||Polypropylene||3+ months||3|
|Munchkin Love||Plastic||3+ months||10|
Baby Dishes Comparison
Luv Your Baby
|Assorted Colors||Assorted Colors||Blue|
|Suitable for||12+ months||12+ months||3+ months||3+ months||9+ months||3+ months||4+ months||18+ months||3+ months||3+ months|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Years||Limited|
|1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||Limited|
Baby Dishes Buying Guide
Parts of Baby Dish Set
Baby dishes are baby items that are not a necessity necessarily but they do make the process of feeding the baby and them learning to feed themselves much easier. There are many different types and styles of baby dishes on the market to choose from. We have listed the different baby dishes that are typically available, below.
- Baby Plates – Baby plates come in all different varieties. Some plates are made of molded plastic and have compartments for the different foods that you serve your baby. Other plates look just like regular dishes and are round or squared and have a slight lip around the edge. The last type of baby plate may have a plastic ring around the top that give a higher lip to prevent food from being spilled out of the top while the child learns to scoop the food off the plate. These baby plates come in a variety of materials, colors and designs, some having characters on them that children love. Depending on the design, some baby plates have suction cups on the bottom or non slip bottoms to prevent the plate from sliding around.
- Baby Bowls – Baby bowls are good for baby cereal, snacks and meal foods like spaghetti or macaroni that are easier to get onto utensils from the rounded, high sides of the bowl than a flat plate. Bowls also come in many different materials, colors and designs. They are usually part of a set that includes a plate and sometimes utensils or a cup. Many bowls have suction bottoms to prevent tip overs and lids to allow food not eaten to be stored safely.
- Cups – Baby cups come in a variety of designs. Some are just like miniature regular cups with handles and no lids. There are also cups that are also called sippy cups that have various designs of lids that prevent spills. These lids can have straws that are separate or built into the design of the cup. Training cups typically have two handles and a lid and are excellent for introducing a baby or young toddler to the process of drinking out of a regular cup. It is not uncommon for a toddler to use a sippy cup for a couple of years while they are learning not to tip the cup over or spill it.
- To-go snack containers – These great baby dishes are wonderful if you have to travel with your baby on errands, vacation, take them to childcare of their relative’s house or for any other reason you would need to bring food along with your child. These containers are usually made of plastic and have snap tight lids that don’t fall off and cause messes everywhere. To go containers can be many different sizes and shapes and all have lids. These are a must have if you have a little one so you can bring snacks or their meals on the go with you if you happen to be away from home at mealtime. Please note that if the food you are carrying can spoil, it needs to be placed in a cooler bag with appropriate ice packs. Additionally, it is not recommended to give a baby food while they are riding in a car seat in the event that they could choke.
- Utensils – Baby utensils are fairly straightforward although there are some differences in design that are available. Most baby utensils are chunky so they are much easier for little hands to hold. Some have flat spots to prevent rolling and they can be made of solid plastic or a combination of metal and plastic.
Features to Look For
There are several features that you want to look for when it comes to baby dishes for your little one. We have listed the most common and important ones below.
- Leak-Proof – This pertains mostly to the cups that you would purchase. Little ones are not very good at holding cups steady or even right side up. Having a good, leak-proof design is important unless you want to be cleaning up messes everywhere. Make sure that you look for designs that are easy to wash and keep clean. Mold and mildew can form in the stoppers that make the lids leak proof if you are not careful to keep them clean.
- Nonbreakable – Baby dishes are made from many different materials. They can be made of molded plastic, melamine, porcelain, ceramic and other materials. You want to purchase something that will hold up to a lot of use and that won’t break or crack if the child accidentally pushes the dishes off the high chair tray or table.
- Easily Cleaned – The best feature to look for when it comes to cleaning is that the dishes are dishwasher safe. This makes them very easy to clean; just stick them in the dishwasher and you’re all set.
- Non-Slip – When a little one is getting used to using plates and bowls, finding non-slip ones are very important. This can be in the form of suction cups on the bottom or maybe they just have nonskid bottoms. Some babies love to pick up their dishes and throw them. If this is the case for your little one, you will want to look for the dishes that have suction cup bottoms.
Baby dishes are very convenient for teaching your child to eat at the table like the rest of the family. With the large selection of baby dishes on the market, you have a lot to choose from. Look for a set that will grow with your baby and work until they are old enough to use the regular dishes that the rest of the family uses.
The information provided in this buyer’s guide will help you sort through all the choices and find baby dishes that your little one will look forward to using. If you are looking for a great shower gift for someone that is having a baby, don’t forget to consider getting them some baby dishes.
Although they may not use them right away, they will have them when it’s time and will enjoy the convenience of having some great dishes for their little one to enjoy.
- OXO – https://www.oxo.com/
- Suction Bowl Set – http://www.shoplullababy.com/
- Wedgewood – http://www.wedgwood.com/collections/peter-rabbit