Baby High Chair Comparison
Graco Blossom 4-In-1 Seating System
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
Cosco Simple Fold
Graco TableFit Highchair
Evenflo Convertible High Chair
Fisher-Price Spacesaver High Chair
Ciao! baby Portable Highchair
Evenflo Compact Fold High Chair
|Design||Sapphire||Wood||Tinker||Elephant Squares||Rittenhouse||Dottie |
|No of Height|
|No of Recline|
|< 60||< 250||< 60||< 50||< 40||< 50||< 50||< 35||< 50||< 50|
|Usable||0 – 3 years||0 – 6 months||0 – 3 years||0 – 3 years||0 – 3 years||0 – 1 Year||0 – 6 months||3 months – 3 Years||0 – 3 years||0 – 3 years|
|No of Wheels||2||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||4|
|Warranty||1 Year||5 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Baby High Chair Buying Guide
What is a Baby High Chair
TA high chair is one of the most purchased pieces of baby equipment available. When your baby is old enough to sit up without being propped up, they are ready for a high chair. Today’s high chairs are typically multi-use items that can double as an infant feeding chair, high chair and booster seat for when they get older.
When it comes to choosing the right high chair for your needs, it’s important to know as much as you can about what is available in the way of features and styles. This buyer’s guide will provide you with all the information you will need to narrow down the choices and decide on the right high chair for your baby.
Types of High Chairs
There are several different types of high chairs that a parent can choose from We have outlined the differences in these types so you can compare them against each other and see which style matches your needs the best.
- Standard Highchair – This is the most common type of high chair used for babies. It’s a single piece of furniture that has a seat for the baby to sit in on top of tall chair legs. Most high chairs on the market today can have the height adjusted so the baby is at a comfortable height for the parent to sit in a kitchen chair and feed their baby. There are a few different standard high chairs, also called standalone high chairs available to choose from. Which one appeals to you.
- The Basic High Chair – The basic high chair is made of mostly hard plastic. There are not a whole lot of features on a basic high chair and they are the least expensive type. In most cases, the height can be adjusted, but this is not a guaranteed feature. The seat of a basic high chair is covered in plastic or vinyl that can be wiped down or removed if necessary and cleaned thoroughly.
- The Mid-Priced High Chair – The mid-priced high chairs are a popular choice because they typically have a lot of features but have a good price tag as well. These sturdy high chairs can be height adjusted and also include a reclining feature that usually has 2 or 3 seating positions. Another common feature that mid priced high chairs usually offer is the ability to fold up so they can b e stored or transported easily. Other features that are common for the mid range model include on handed tray operation, safety straps, and removable, machine washable seat pads.
- The High End High Chair – A high end high chair does not always have more features than a mid priced model. Usually high end refers to the materials used to make the high chair. High end high chairs are made from higher quality materials and are usually more advanced in design as well. The materials may be wood or metal rather than just plastic. High end high chairs usually have fancier styles as well that will match the décor of the kitchen more so than the basic and mid priced models do.
- Booster High Chair – The booster high chair is a seat that the baby can sit in on top of another chair. They attach to an existing dining room chair via a strap that holds the chair in place. They usually have removable food trays just like a regular highchair although the food trays may be a little smaller than a standard high chair food tray is. Depending on the model of booster high chair, it may have reclining and/or padded seats and in some cases, they may fold up for super easy storage and transport.
- Portable High Chair – These high chairs are different than booster high chairs because they attach directly to the table and not a dining room chair. They fold up for easy travel and storage and usually have cloth seats. One major thing to keep in mind about portable high chairs is that the table they attach to needs to be secure and sturdy enough to handle the high chair with the child in it. If the table isn’t sturdy or the baby weighs too much for the table to support, an accident could occur, resulting in an injury.
High Chair Features to Look for When Purchasing
There are many different features that a high chair can have. It will help you to know what features you want or need the mist so you can rule out models that do not have those features. We’ve outlined the most common features below that are found on many of today’s models.
- What type of high chair? – Do you want a basic high chair or are you more interested in a mid priced or high end model? Knowing the type of high chair you are looking for will help get the ball rolling on your search.
- Tray or no tray? – Not all high chairs have food trays although it is much more common to find those that have trays. Some booster high chairs do not have trays and just get strapped into the dining room chair and pushed up to the table. The most convenient option is to find a high chair that has a removable food tray that is one hand operational and that can be washed in the dishwasher or sink.
- Easy to Clean – Babies are notorious for being messy eaters and their meal can end up in every crack and crevice the high chair has. For this reason you want to choose a high chair that is easy to clean. Look for models that don’t have tons of small crevices and cracks that will have to be scrubbed. Make sure the seat cover or pad comes off easily so it can b e tossed in the washing machine or wiped down.
- Versatility – Many of the high chairs on the market offer different stages or versions of the high chair as the child grows. They may start as infant feeding chairs, then a high chair and finally a booster seat. These convertible high chairs can be used until your child is 4 or 5 in most cases, so they are excellent investments.
- Adjustable Height- High chairs that are adjustable are very convenient, especially since tables are different heights. Some models have reclining positions that that can be adjusted as well. Most high chairs have at least 3 different height selections; some have up to 6 different heights.
- Sturdy Construction – Look for a high chair that has a wide, sturdy base and good construction. Even the heavy plastic models are sturdily constructed. The cheaper high chairs tend to be less sturdy.
- Comfort for the Baby – High chairs that have padded seats and backs are much more comfortable for your baby than just hard plastic. Foot rests are good too although most babies won’t be tall enough for their feet to actually reach them.
- Safety straps – As babies get older, they start trying to get out of their high chairs so making sure you get one that has a safety harness so they can be strapped into the high chair safely. This will prevent any falls.
- Foldable – If you travel often with your baby or need to store the high chair, you want to ensure that the high chair can be folded up and stored easily. It is not easy to store a high chair that doesn’t fold up at all.
A high chair is a piece of baby equipment that you will have for a long time so you want to purchase the best one you can for what your budget will allow. It will get a lot of use but if you choose a strong, durable model it can last through multiple children.
The top rated baby high chairs that we’ve reviewed here are all excellent choices that have a lot of features. Whether you want a mid priced high chair with lots of features, a booster high chair that straps to a dining room chair or a high end high chair that is constructed from high quality materials, having the knowledge on what to look for will make the search much easier.