There are dozens of high chairs to choose from on the market. With so many different styles and brands, choosing the perfect one for your baby can be a daunting task. These top rated high chairs top the charts with customers because of their performance, style, durability and construction. Read the reviews below to learn how to decide which one is just right for your needs.
Introduction to the Baby High Chair
When your baby is old enough to sit up unassisted, it’s the perfect time to put them in a high chair so they can join the rest of the family at meal times. Most babies 5-6 months and older are able to sit in a high chair and be fed baby food. They will use this high chair well into their toddler years so it’s important to take the time to research the choices out there before you make a purchase.
The top rated high chairs reviewed here are from popular, well respected companies and have a lot of features that make them very popular. Make sure that you know what your specific needs are so you choose the high chair that will match them. Buying a baby high chair is an investment so take the time to learn how to tell the good ones from the lower quality models.
Top 10 Baby High Chairs
|Rank||Picture||High Chair||Height Adjustments||Weight Capacity (Pounds)
|1||Graco Blossom||6||< 60
|2||Graco SimpleSwitch||5||< 60
|5||Graco TableFit||8||< 40|
|9||Evenflo Compact||3||< 50|
Graco Blossom 4-In-1 Seating System
Graco is one of the most popular names in baby products known for quality baby items such as high chairs, car seats and more.
The Graco Blossom 4-in-1 seating system is a lot more than just a high chair. There are 4 stages that the high chair is used for.
- Stage 1 – (highchair) – The high chair stage can be used up to 3 years if age with the maximum weight being 40 pounds.
- Stage 2 – (infant feeding booster) – This stage is also good for infants and toddlers up to 30 years of age and 60 pounds
- Stage 3 – (toddler booster) You can use the removable seat back insert up through 3 years of age and 60 pounds
- Stage 4 – (youth chair) the removable seat back insert is used in this stage also, through 3 years of age and up to 60 pounds.
There are many things about the Graco Blossom 4-in-1 high chair that make it a popular choice among parents. The one handed tray operation is perfect for when you’ve got your hands full. Once the meal is over, just pop the removable tray insert out and it can be hand washed or put in the dishwasher for fast and easy clean up.
The seat pad is also removable and machine washable so no matter how messy the mealtime is, clean up can be a snap. Just toss it into the washer and then let it air dry. One of the many popular features of this high chair is the fact that you can seat two children at the same time.
Use the toddler booster seat and the high chair together or the infant feeding booster and the youth chair together, whichever way you want to pair them, you have two seats for the rice of one. This unique feature makes this the perfect high chair for parents that have multiple children.
The Graco Blossom high chair is easy to adjust. It has 3 recline levels and 6 different height positions that allow the parent to find the perfect height for the table. It doesn’t matter whether you have a low table or a high one, with the different adjustments possible, the high chair will always fit.
If your baby is very small, you will love the infant head and body support that makes the high chair super cozy and comfortable for those early feedings; as the baby grows so does the capabilities of the chair.
Having a chair that grows with your baby means you’ll have it for a long time to come. Add in the safety features such as the convertible 3 and 5 point harness and the locking rear casters and you have a high chair that you will be happy using every single day.
Graco Simpleswitch Highchair Plus Booster
Many parents that are looking for a high chair look for models that can be used for multiple things.
The Graco SimpleSwitch 2-in-1 high chair can be a high chair and a portable booster seat too, making it the perfect high chair for busy families.
Start using this high chair when your little one is very young thanks to the three reclining positions that it can be adjusted to. This makes it a great place to feed your little one since you can adjust the reclining level to accommodate what they need.
Clean up is easy with the removable, machine washable seat pad. Wash on the cold/gentle cycle and let air dry and your baby will always have a clean, sanitary place to eat their meals. Since parents almost always have something in their hands when they have a baby, the one hand operated tray is a real convenience that parents love. You can hold your baby in one arm and remove the tray with the other.
When it’s time to switch to a booster seat, you will love the built in leg storage that keeps all the parts together. The convertible 3 and 5 point harness keeps your baby and toddler safely in the chair so they can’t fall out. This Graco 2-in-1 SimpleSwitch meets all of your baby and toddler feeding needs for years to come with proper care. You’ll love it so much you’ll want to use it for all your babies.
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
If you are looking for something to be passed down from generation to generation, it doesn’t get much better than the Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with removable tray.
This gorgeous high chair is made from Rubberwood and has a beautiful plant based lacquer finish for a gorgeous glossy look. It works for babies 6 months of age and turns into a chair that will hold up to 250 pounds!
The wooden tray is perfect for mealtimes and has a BPA-free plastic tray cover to keep the wood from getting ruined.
The passive crotch restraint and 3 point harness are great safety features that prevent the baby from sliding out from underneath the tray. The JPMA certification means that the highest standards have been met for your baby’s safety.
Some of the many features of this beautiful high chair include the depth adjustable seat and footplate, the height adjustable seat and footplate, an ergonomic backrest that allows for a comfortable sitting experience, and a sturdy, tip-resistant base. The infant inserts are latex-free, BPA free and are made in the USA. They also offer anti-microbial protection as well. The inserts wipe clean easily and will not let liquids penetrate them.
Clean up is easy thanks to the dishwasher safe plastic tray cover and the machine washable fabric cushioned seat. You can get this gorgeous and functional high chair in either mahogany or natural wood. Once the child out grows the high chair and can sit at the table in a regular chair, their high chair can be used as their chair, or it can be moved into their bedroom for a beautiful desk chair.
Top Rated Baby High Chairs Summary
High chairs are one of the necessary pieces of baby equipment that a parent will buy when they have a baby. There are so many different types, styles and models of high chairs to choose from that narrowing it down to one can feel overwhelming.
These top rated baby high chairs are some of the best on the market and all three are multi-use high chairs that will grow with your baby into toddlerhood. A baby can usually start using a high chair around the age of 4-5 months old. Some high chairs are able to recline making it possible to put the baby in it even younger.
Since they have safety harnesses, they are a good way for even a young baby to be a part of meal time with the rest of the family. These top rated baby high chairs will last a long time with proper use and cleaning.
If you want to learn even more about baby high chairs, read the buyer’s guide below. We will share with you tips and information that will help you narrow down the many choices you have and help you make an informed decision on the high chair that has the features you need and the style you want.
Baby High Chair Comparison
Graco Blossom 4-In-1 Seating System
Graco Simpleswitch Highchair Plus Booster
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
Cosco Simple Fold
Graco TableFit Highchair
Evenflo Convertible High Chair
Fisher-Price Spacesaver High Chair
Ciao! baby Portable Highchair
Evenflo Compact Fold High Chair
|No of Height
|No of Adjustable
|No of Recline
|< 60||< 60||< 250||< 50||< 40||< 50||< 50||< 35||< 50||< 50|
|Usable||0 – 3 years||0 – 3 years||0 – 6 months||0 – 3 years||0 – 3 years||0 – 1 Year||0 – 6 months||3 months – 3 Years||0 – 3 years||0 – 3 years|
|No of Wheels||2||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||4|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||5 Years||1 Year||1 Year||90 Days||No||90 Days||90 Days||1 Year|
Baby High Chair Buyers Guide
What is a Baby High Chair
TA high chair is one of the most purchased pieces of baby equipment available. When your baby is old enough to sit up without being propped up, they are ready for a high chair. Today’s high chairs are typically multi-use items that can double as an infant feeding chair, high chair and booster seat for when they get older.
When it comes to choosing the right high chair for your needs, it’s important to know as much as you can about what is available in the way of features and styles. This buyer’s guide will provide you with all the information you will need to narrow down the choices and decide on the right high chair for your baby.
Types of High Chairs
There are several different types of high chairs that a parent can choose from We have outlined the differences in these types so you can compare them against each other and see which style matches your needs the best.
- Standard Highchair – This is the most common type of high chair used for babies. It’s a single piece of furniture that has a seat for the baby to sit in on top of tall chair legs. Most high chairs on the market today can have the height adjusted so the baby is at a comfortable height for the parent to sit in a kitchen chair and feed their baby. There are a few different standard high chairs, also called standalone high chairs available to choose from. Which one appeals to you.
- The Basic High Chair – The basic high chair is made of mostly hard plastic. There are not a whole lot of features on a basic high chair and they are the least expensive type. In most cases, the height can be adjusted, but this is not a guaranteed feature. The seat of a basic high chair is covered in plastic or vinyl that can be wiped down or removed if necessary and cleaned thoroughly.
- The Mid-Priced High Chair – The mid-priced high chairs are a popular choice because they typically have a lot of features but have a good price tag as well. These sturdy high chairs can be height adjusted and also include a reclining feature that usually has 2 or 3 seating positions. Another common feature that mid priced high chairs usually offer is the ability to fold up so they can b e stored or transported easily. Other features that are common for the mid range model include on handed tray operation, safety straps, and removable, machine washable seat pads.
- The High End High Chair – A high end high chair does not always have more features than a mid priced model. Usually high end refers to the materials used to make the high chair. High end high chairs are made from higher quality materials and are usually more advanced in design as well. The materials may be wood or metal rather than just plastic. High end high chairs usually have fancier styles as well that will match the décor of the kitchen more so than the basic and mid priced models do.
- Booster High Chair – The booster high chair is a seat that the baby can sit in on top of another chair. They attach to an existing dining room chair via a strap that holds the chair in place. They usually have removable food trays just like a regular highchair although the food trays may be a little smaller than a standard high chair food tray is. Depending on the model of booster high chair, it may have reclining and/or padded seats and in some cases, they may fold up for super easy storage and transport.
- Portable High Chair – These high chairs are different than booster high chairs because they attach directly to the table and not a dining room chair. They fold up for easy travel and storage and usually have cloth seats. One major thing to keep in mind about portable high chairs is that the table they attach to needs to be secure and sturdy enough to handle the high chair with the child in it. If the table isn’t sturdy or the baby weighs too much for the table to support, an accident could occur, resulting in an injury.
High Chair Features to Look for When Purchasing
There are many different features that a high chair can have. It will help you to know what features you want or need the mist so you can rule out models that do not have those features. We’ve outlined the most common features below that are found on many of today’s models.
- What type of high chair? – Do you want a basic high chair or are you more interested in a mid priced or high end model? Knowing the type of high chair you are looking for will help get the ball rolling on your search.
- Tray or no tray? – Not all high chairs have food trays although it is much more common to find those that have trays. Some booster high chairs do not have trays and just get strapped into the dining room chair and pushed up to the table. The most convenient option is to find a high chair that has a removable food tray that is one hand operational and that can be washed in the dishwasher or sink.
- Easy to Clean – Babies are notorious for being messy eaters and their meal can end up in every crack and crevice the high chair has. For this reason you want to choose a high chair that is easy to clean. Look for models that don’t have tons of small crevices and cracks that will have to be scrubbed. Make sure the seat cover or pad comes off easily so it can b e tossed in the washing machine or wiped down.
- Versatility – Many of the high chairs on the market offer different stages or versions of the high chair as the child grows. They may start as infant feeding chairs, then a high chair and finally a booster seat. These convertible high chairs can be used until your child is 4 or 5 in most cases, so they are excellent investments.
- Adjustable Height- High chairs that are adjustable are very convenient, especially since tables are different heights. Some models have reclining positions that that can be adjusted as well. Most high chairs have at least 3 different height selections; some have up to 6 different heights.
- Sturdy Construction – Look for a high chair that has a wide, sturdy base and good construction. Even the heavy plastic models are sturdily constructed. The cheaper high chairs tend to be less sturdy.
- Comfort for the Baby – High chairs that have padded seats and backs are much more comfortable for your baby than just hard plastic. Foot rests are good too although most babies won’t be tall enough for their feet to actually reach them.
- Safety straps – As babies get older, they start trying to get out of their high chairs so making sure you get one that has a safety harness so they can be strapped into the high chair safely. This will prevent any falls.
- Foldable – If you travel often with your baby or need to store the high chair, you want to ensure that the high chair can be folded up and stored easily. It is not easy to store a high chair that doesn’t fold up at all.
A high chair is a piece of baby equipment that you will have for a long time so you want to purchase the best one you can for what your budget will allow. It will get a lot of use but if you choose a strong, durable model it can last through multiple children.
The top rated baby high chairs that we’ve reviewed here are all excellent choices that have a lot of features. Whether you want a mid priced high chair with lots of features, a booster high chair that straps to a dining room chair or a high end high chair that is constructed from high quality materials, having the knowledge on what to look for will make the search much easier.