Top 10 Double Stroller
|Double Strollers||Seating Options||Weight Capacity (lb)||Frame|
|Baby Trend Carbon||6||80||Carbon|
|Delta Children City||3||70||Alloy|
|Baby Trend Navigator||5||110||Carbon|
Double Stroller Comparison
Double Stroller Buying Guide
What is Double Stroller?
There are many different types of double strollers on the market with many styles and designs as well. Ultimately, the most important factor in choosing a double stroller is finding one that will keep your baby safe. You also want to find one that has all of the things you’re looking for such as plenty of storage, ease of use, and other features that make using a stroller much easier.
Strollers are a must have when you have a baby or babies and it is a popular baby shower gift for new parents. If you are expecting a baby, look at the reviews here and read the buyer’s guide and then once you’ve made a decision on the stroller you want or even a couple of models that you like, add them to your baby registry.
Types of Double Strollers
There are many different types of strollers on the market and most of these designs listed below have double stroller models. Each one has merits that make it a potentially good choice for your stroller needs.
- Umbrella strollers – This is a good option for parents seeking simple and easy functionality and an economical price as well. Umbrella strollers are able to be opened and closed easily and are made for maneuvering through narrow places and crowd easily. The shades on top protect your children from the rays of the sun. Umbrella strollers are not designed for rough terrain they are best suited for smooth sidewalks or indoors, such as a mall or store. Umbrella strollers are simplicity at its best and they typically don’t have much in the way of extra features. If you’re looking for a simple way to push your children during errands or on a quick walk in a relatively smooth area, umbrella strollers may appeal to you.
- Sit N Stand – This unique stroller design allows your older child to choose to stand or sit in the stroller behind the seat in front. These double strollers can hold two seats where both children can be in the stroller, sitting down, or one child can sit and the older child stand comfortably like so many children like to do. A Sit n Stand stroller is not designed for long walks, but if you’re making a quick trip, this could be a perfect option for you.
- Tandem/Back to Back – In a tandem double stroller, the two seats are one in front of the other. These are very popular due to the fact that they do not require any additional width over a single stroller. Many tandem models can be folded up with one hand which also appeals to the parent looking for convenience and efficiency. Tandem strollers can offer many features including cup holders, canopies and extra storage under the seats.
- Side by Side – This style is a common design for a double stroller. They offer a lot of space and storage but sometimes the side by side width can prove to be a problem when trying to navigate narrower places. One of the benefits to a side by side is that the children get to see each other and interact which can be a real plus in terms of keeping them occupied.
- Double Jogging – Jogging strollers are great for parents who spend a lot of time outdoors walking, exercising or just being outdoors. They move well over rougher terrain and offer a lot of features including storage space, ease of use, easily handles rough, bumpy terrain, cup holders and more. Many double jogging strollers have three wheels rather than four which makes them even better for joggers or speed walkers. Double jogging strollers can be designed in either the side by side or tandem design.
Double Stroller Accessories
There are a lot of accessories that a double stroller can have. These features are designed to make using the stroller much easier and to make outings with the kids easier and enjoyable. We’ve listed many common features below.
- Drink holders – Depending on the double stroller, some have drink holders up on the handle and also on a removable tray in front of the children. These are great for holding water bottles, baby bottles, cans and even fountain drinks.
- Storage basket under the seat – Storage baskets underneath the seats are very convenient for carrying diaper bags, toys, groceries and other items. Some strollers just have one deep basket and others may have a basket under each seat. These storage baskets are very valuable in terms of having extra space to carry things, just don’t load them down too much and overload the stroller.
- Food Trays – Some strollers have detachable food trays that snap onto the stroller in front of the child that can be used for snacks, toys and other supplies.
- Bag hooks – These are hooks that are placed on the stroller in front to hold diaper bags, grocery bags and other bags to leave the parents hands free to safely push the stroller.
- Car seat base adapters – these adapters allow the user to attach infant seats directly to the stroller without having to take the baby out of the seat.
- Attachable toys – toys that can be added to the stroller so the baby can play with them while you are pushing the stroller. These toys are usually attached to the stroller via a clip of some kind. Make sure that the toys used are supposed to be attached for the safety of the baby.
Choosing the Right Stroller
When you are searching for the right double stroller you want to be sure that it fits your needs in all regards. This is not hard to do if you know what your needs are before you start looking. Don’t forget to factor in the storage space you have for the stroller in your home or vehicle and the things you will be doing with it such as regular long walks, exercising or just running errands. Below are a few more considerations that you need to keep in mind.
- Stroller Weight – Double strollers will more than likely weigh more than single strollers but you still want to find the stroller that is as light as possible. Most double strollers will end up weighing around 30-40 pounds. Adding the children, accessories, and infant car seats will increase the weight, if it is too heavy it will be difficult to maneuver and push.
- Weight Limits – A weight limit is not the same as the weight of the stroller. Weight limits are how much weight the stroller can carry. Most double strollers can hold between 70-100 pounds overall. Most children weigh around 20 pounds by the time they are one years old although this will vary from child to child. Make sure that you allow for your child to grow when you choose a stroller so it will accommodate the weights of your children.
Double strollers have several safety features that help to keep your children safe when they are riding in one. These features include things like:
- 5 point harness – This secure restraint system keeps your children safely strapped in to the stroller while you are using it. 5 point harness systems are the best restraint system because it is impossible for the child to wiggle their way out of it.
- Locking Brakes – Look for strollers that have individual locks on the wheels that can be easily pushed down and lifted up with your foot. Make sure that the double stroller you purchase has the JPMA seal of approval. JPMA stands for Juvenile Manufacturers Association.
- Canopies – Most double strollers have canopies that protect the child from the rays of the sun so they do not get burned. This does not replace sunscreen which should still be used on age appropriate children in addition to the canopies.
With all of the double stroller choices available for parents to choose from, you will be able to find one that meets all of your needs fairly easy now that you have the information on what to look for. Being armed with the right knowledge makes researching the choices much easier. Choosing a stroller is a very important part of making sure you have everything you need for your baby.
- Contours – http://www.contoursbaby.com/
- Graco – http://www.gracobaby.com/pages/home.aspx
- Baby Trend – https://www.babytrend.com/