Feeling and looking great every day can be a big boost to your self confidence and esteem. This is especially important for success in school, relationships, and the work force as well.
The better someone feels about themselves, the more confidence they will have. That reflects in their performance, attitude and overall mental and emotional well being.
You don’t have to be a supermodel to feel beautiful every day. All you need to do is wear the right clothing for your body type and size, take care of personal hygiene, get plenty of quality sleep each night, exercise and use products that enhance the natural beauty of your hair, skin, teeth and nails. Below we have compiled a list of things you can do to feel and look your absolute best every day.
None of these tips involve expensive plastic surgery and they are reasonably priced as well so anyone can follow them. Confidence comes from within, but making sure that your appearance gives a good first impression and doing your best to put your best physical foot forward goes a long way as well.
Creating Beautiful Hair
You hair is one of the first things anyone will notice about a person. If you hair is clean, shiny, healthy looking and kept in a nice hairstyle, people are going to notice.
A beautiful head of hair is created through many avenues. Eating properly, taking the right vitamins and supplements, and using the right products.
With all of these elements in place, your hair will reflect the excellent care you’re taking of it by being shiny, healthy, and full-bodied and it’ll grow fast as well.
- Take the Right Vitamins – There are many different vitamins that you can take to help your hair be as healthy as it can be. You can even get specific hair vitamins that are designed to address the needs of your hair so it gets all the nutrients it needs. Taking a regular adult multivitamin can help as well. Look for good quality vitamins that have the recommended amounts you need, focusing on the vitamins that are known for helping the hair get healthier.
- Use the Right Shampoo and Conditioner – There are dozens of different hair care products on the market that you can use on your hair. Depending on your hair type, you can use a good quality moisturizing shampoo or if you’re dealing with thinning hair, dandruff or fine hair you can use one designed to stop hair loss. Match the shampoo you get to the goals you want to achieve and you’ll be pleased with the results. You also want to ensure that your hair is properly conditioned. A good quality conditioner or hair mask deep conditioner can help your hair look and feel soft and silky.
- Eat Properly – The foods you eat affect the health of your hair as well as your overall health. To have strong, healthy hair you need to eat a diet that contains plenty of protein, healthy fruits, vegetables, healthy grains, smoothies and other healthy choices. Using a food steamer or food processor can make eating the right foods for the healthiest hear much easier.
- Use the Right Hair Styling Tools – Making sure that your hair styling tools are in great working order is also a way to ensure beautiful hair. If you use curling irons, blow dryers, or flat irons on your hair frequently, you will want to make sure that they are clean, have cooler settings that you can use and are taken care of properly.
Creating Beautiful Skin
Beautiful skin comes from what you eat, wash your face with, use for moisturizer, and take as supplements. The condition of your complexion is also affected by the makeup you use as well. All of these combined determine how your skin looks.
Your skin is another part of you that people see right away and every day they look at you. A beautiful complexion that is healthy, free of a lot of blemishes and acne, dark circles and puffiness minimized and made up tastefully will give you a lot of confidence as well
- Get Rid of Acne – If you are a teen or young adult, you may have problems with acne that keep you from having the skin you want. As an adult, acne becomes less of a problem but it can still cause occasional issues. A good acne treatment system will keep your skin blemish free. Be sure to look for a reputable brand for your acne treatment.
- Cleansing Properly – Cleaning your skin correctly is probably one of the most important aspects of having beautiful skin. There are many products you can use to keep your skin free of dirt, debris, oils and other problem causing elements.
A good pore minimizer, for example, will get rid of the dirt and oil in the pores and minimize their appearance which gives the skin a much softer and smoother look. Moisturizers are also important so the skin doesn’t dry out or look older than it is.
If you want to keep your eyes looking youthful and keep the wrinkles and fine lines at bay, don’t forget a good quality eye cream.
- Your Skin Reflects What You Eat – What you eat can have a direct impact on your skin’s appearance and health.
Drinking a lot of water is also of utmost importance. The more hydrated your skin is, the less it will have wrinkles and fine lines, blemishes, dry patches or other problems.
The more fresh vegetables and fruits you eat, as well as good healthy proteins, the more radiant and healthy your complexion will be. Try juicing your fruits and vegetables for great tasting smoothies.
- Quality Makeup is Important – The makeup you wear is very important to the look of your skin both while the makeup is on and after you remove it at night. Most makeup kits contain foundation, blush, eye shadows, mascara, lipsticks, and eye liner.
These are the basic makeup fundamentals that most women use when applying their makeup each day. Make sure that you choose makeup that is from a reputable company that uses quality ingredients.
Not all makeup is created equal. There can be drastic differences in quality, feel, coverage and end results. If you want to use some of the special makeup products like false eyelashes, be sure to get good quality eyelash glue.
Another important factor in applying makeup and keeping beautiful skin is to use high quality makeup brushes and keep them cleaned between uses. A good makeup mirror can ensure that you apply the makeup accurately.
Getting Enough Sleep and Exercise
Two other important factors in looking and feeling beautiful everyday involve the sleep you get and the amount of exercise you get every day.
Sleep is so important to looking and feeling good. If you’re exhausted, you look and feel older, your eyes may have bags and circles underneath them and you just won’t feel or look your best.
Most people don’t get the right amount of sleep each night, or the sleep they do get is not of good quality. Try setting up a bedtime routine for yourself and if necessary, find a good quality OTC sleep aid and invest in a sleep mask which will keep premature light from waking you up. Check out these five tips that can help you sleep better each night.
Exercise is also a great way to feel and look better each day. Even if you are not trying to lose weight, getting regular exercise, whether in the form of Yoga or following an exercise DVD, you will feel energized and look great.
If you do have weight to lose, exercising every day will help you lose those unwanted pounds. Even participating in sports like skiing, rollerblading, tennis or racquetball can all be great ways to get in some beneficial exercise on a regular basis.
Positive Thinking and Looking Great
It’s no secret that happy people look more attractive. Someone walking around all day with a frown or scowl will not only feel poorly but they won’t look as good either. The way you think and the things you choose to focus on can affect your mood and even your health. Do your best each day to provide yourself with positive thoughts, especially when it comes to yourself and how you look.
Don’t let something like extra weight or a few more wrinkles than you’d like to see affect how you feel about yourself. Following the tips in this article can do a lot to ensure the outside looks as good as possible. Making sure your thoughts are in the right place can help you look and feel great from the inside out.
Other Things to Think About
There are a few other things that you can do to ensure that you look your best and that will in turn, help you feel your best as well.
- Don’t forget your hands and nails – Having well manicured hands and feet can make you feel really finished and put together.
Finding a good quality nail polish and making sure that you take the time to use the right products to remove calluses from the feet and apply nail polish to your finger and toe nails can put the icing on the cake. Well manicured hands say a lot about someone and how they view themselves.
When someone takes pride in how they look, that makes an impression on the people around you. You never know when those people around you could be a future boss, relationship or opportunity of some kind.
- Protect Your Skin – It’s very easy to forget about sunscreen and taking care of your skin when you are going to be out in the sun for any amount of time. Many types of makeup have sunscreens in them, but if not, all you have to do is make sure you apply sunscreen before your makeup.
If you love the tan look, opt for a tanning bed with the appropriate indoor tanning lotion that will keep your skin hydrated or a sunless tanner that doesn’t use any UV A or B lights at all.
- Shaving and Your Teeth – The last two things that we will mention is shaving and the look of your teeth. A smile is a big thing and something that everyone sees. Having a beautiful, white smile is very appealing to those looking at you.
It is very noticeable when the teeth are not taken care of. With the availability for teeth whitening strips and other whitening products on the market, it’s unnecessary to walk around unhappy with the color of your teeth.
Shaving is something that some people believe in and others don’t. Having a good razor that can take care of the bikini area, the legs and anywhere else you want to shave is important if you want to look good all the time.
Be careful shaving and consider epilators to get the long term effect you want.
Making the Time to Look Nice
Taking the time to take care of your hair, skin, teeth, nails and your body are all part of what goes into looking and feeling your best. It doesn’t mean being a beauty queen or making looks all you care about. It IS about looking the best you can because it will make you feel much better about yourself and will go a long way towards having confidence in all aspects of your life.
It may sound like a lot but if you incorporate it into your daily routine, soon enough you won’t even pay attention to the time you are spending on these tips and strategies; they will have become a regular part of your life.
Looking and feeling beautiful is not about being a specific size or weight. It is about taking care of yourself and being the best and healthiest you, you can be. Do that and your natural beauty both inside and out will shine through every day.