2-in-1 Laptop Comparison
|1920 x 1080||1280 x 800||1920 |
|1280 x 800||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080|
Intel Core i7
|2.3 GHz |
|Intel Core |
|Intel Core |
|Intel Core |
|2.1 GHz |
|Intel Core i5-6200U|
Quad Core i5-6200U
|RAM (GB)||12 – 16||4||8 SDRAM||4 DDR3||8||4||8 DDR4||4 LPDDR3||2||8 DDR3L|
|128 – 512||64||128 SSD||16 eMMC||1,000||128 SSD||256 SSD||32 SSD||32 SSD||128 SSD|
|Intel HD||Intel HD |
|ARM Mali||AMD Radeon |
|Intel HD||PowerVR GX6250||NVIDIA |
|Intel HD |
|Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Chrome||Windows 10||Windows 8.1||Windows 10||Chrome||Windows 10||Windows 10|
2-in-1 Laptop Buying Guide
Considerations Before Buying
Whether you’re a business person looking to make presentations without hooking up to a projector or a student that needs a device that can be carried easily in a backpack, 2-in-1 laptops can be a real useful device to have with a lot of versatility. Below we have outlined several things that you will need to look at and consider to determine which one is the right one for you.
- What Size do you Need? 2-in-1 laptops range in size from 10” models that are perfect for you if you are on the go a lot, to the larger 13” to 15” models that will spend the majority of their time on a desk in your office or kitchen table.
There are many activities that you can do with a 2-in-1 laptop. You can do your homework for college or high school, create work presentations and documents, watch movies or play all the latest tablet games.
- What Kind of Hinge? – There are two designs that 2-in-1s usually have: detachable and bendable. If you like the touchscreen experience and on the go quality of a tablet, you will more than likely prefer a detachable 2-in-1.
A bendable 2-in-1 is a great choice when you are most often in one place when you use your laptop and want the flexibility to watch TV on it or use it as a powerpoint display device.
- What kind of Processor and Specs? – Intel processors are the most common type of processor that 2-in-1s usually have. If you are looking for the highest power systems, they will have either an m7 chip or an Intel Core i7. The differences between the two are that the m7 has a longer battery life, doesn’t need a fan for staying cool and is a little slower in speed.
If you’re looking at a mid-range model they will most often have Core i3, i5, m3 and m5 systems which are usually better prices and still perform well. The budget 2-in-1s will usually have an Intel Celeron and Atom processors. The performance isn’t much to write home about but if all you are doing is answering emails or watching Netflix, the budget 2-in-1s will be fine.
When it comes to RAM, 4GB is probably the standard on most models. You can get 8GB to upgrade but unless you do work that needs a ton of memory, you shouldn’t need to get anything larger than 8GB.
- Screen Resolution Matters – the 2-in-1 laptops that have screen resolution of 1366 X 768 pixels are usually the ones that are the most affordable as well. Most people prefer full HD screens of 1920 x 1080 resolutions. The image quality will be much crisper and better and the resolution will be wide enough to have two windows up and running at the same time for some multi-tasking.
If you do video editing or photo editing on a regular basis, look for even higher resolution models such as quad-HD 2560 x1440 or ultra HD of 3840 x 2160. The drawback to these higher resolution models, is that they take more power to run and will suck up your battery power.
- Setting a Budget – The prices for a 2-in-1 range from as little as $150, and can climb as high as $2500. With this range of prices, there is definitely a 2-in-1 that will work for you and your budget.
As you increase the features and specs of your 2-in-1, the cost will go up as well, which is to be expected. You are better off getting the best 2-in-1 you can afford to get and remember that if you simply go for the cheapest model, you may not have the features or speed that you want.
Benefits of Purchasing a 2-in-1 Laptop
There are many benefits to getting a 2-in-1 for your computer needs. We have outlined some of the benefits that you can enjoy when you purchase a 2-in-1 laptop.
- Versatile – Having a device that can transform into a tablet or laptop when needed is very beneficial to students or busy professionals that are always traveling or on the go. The high power processors of the 2-in-1s means that you can get the performance you need and want without having to spend a huge fortune.
- Portability – Being able to easily take your laptop with you is a big benefit of the 2-in-1. They are typically lightweight so bringing the whole thing on trips with you is easy. On the other hand, if you just want to play games and check emails, or watch movies, you can separate it and take the tablet part with you wherever you need to go.
- Less Expensive – Buying a good quality 2-in01 is much less expensive than buying both a laptop AND a tablet and they basically do the same thing but in one convenient device rather than having to keep up with two.
There are so many different types of computers, laptops, tablets and other electronic devices on the market today. They come in all sizes and with all types of different specs. When you find that you are the perfect candidate to purchase a 2-in-1, you will enjoy seeing all the different types that are available.
You will have a lot of choices in processor speed, features, OS, and other things that will make using the 2-in-1 enjoyable and useful too. You’re ready to search through the top rated choices we have provided, as well as others and make an informed decision as to the correct 2-in-1 laptop that will enable you to accomplish your goals.