Top 10 40 inches TV
|TV||Backlight ||Speaker ||HDMI + USB slot|
|VIZIO||Full-Array LED ||2Ch 10W ||2+1|
|Sony||Edge-Lit ||2Ch 8W ||2+2|
|TCL||Full-Array LED ||2Ch 8W ||3+1|
|Samsung||Direct Array LED ||2Ch 20W ||3+2|
|VIZIO E401iA2||Razor LED ||2Ch 10W ||3+1|
|Samsung UN40J5200||Direct Array LED ||2Ch 10W ||2+2|
|Samsung UN40EH5000||Edge-Lit ||2Ch 10W ||2+1|
|TCL 40FD2700||Full-Array LED ||2Ch 8W ||2+1|
|Samsung UN40J6200||Direct Array LED ||2Ch 10W ||2+2|
|oCOSMO||Direct Array LED ||2Ch 10W ||3+1|
40 inch TV Comparison
|Active LED |
|Vizio Internet |
|Vizio Internet |
|Speaker||2Ch 10W||2Ch 8W||2Ch 8W||2Ch 20W||2Ch 10W||2Ch 10W||2Ch 10W||2Ch 8W||2Ch 10W||2Ch 10W|
40 inch TV Buying Guide
What is a 40 inch TV?
Larger TVs are very popular with consumers due to apps like Netflix, Huluplus and Amazon Instant Video. Everyone wants the perfect TV viewing experience and that feels a lot different on a smaller TV than it does a nice sized 40” TV. This is the perfect size for bedrooms, offices, and small dens.
Choosing the Right 40” TV
There are several factors that go into choosing the right 40 inch TV. Things like personal taste, budget, the space you’re putting the TV and the features you want it to have will all play parts in which model you actually end up choosing. We’ve outlined several points to think about and consider when sorting through all of the available choices.
The importance of Picture Quality – Picture quality is very possibly the most important factor in choosing a 40 inch TV. The majority of shoppers consider picture quality THE most important factor in choosing a television set. You can have the most expensive TV in the store and if the picture quality is bad, it will be useless.
The quality of your picture is what makes it very enjoyable to watch TV shows, movies, etc. Most TVs nowadays have many things in place, from the technology standpoint, to provide picture clarity, depth of color, sharpness, vivid colors and much more.
It’s not easy to judge the picture quality of a TV but there are some things that you can look at that will give you the best possible chance of having that excellent picture quality that makes TV watching even more enjoyable.
All TVs are not created equal and there will be a difference in picture quality from model to model. There are some standards that seem to be present when it comes to getting an excellent picture that you can look for. We have listed these standards below.
- Good picture quality reproduces the incoming source as closely as it can without altering the color, smoothness and other characteristics.
- With plasmas being out-dated and old-fashioned, most of the TVs that you will be looking at will be LCD or LED models. If the LCD or LED TV has local dimming, it will more than likely outperform the TVs that don’t have it.
- The best pictures have screen uniformity. This seems to be a common problem for LCD TVs, although with enough research you will be able to find models that do have this feature and ability.
- Color saturation, which is controlled by the contrast between colors and black level, is the next order of importance and then color accuracy.
- Another factor that will have an effect on picture quality is whether the screen is matte or glossy. If the room the TV is in is particularly bright room, a matte screen will provide the best results. A great glossy screen will preserve the black levels for a deep, detailed picture.
- Resolution, video processing, maximum light output and display resolution are factors that have less effect on the picture quality but still play a small part.
- Make sure that your TV isn’t automatically set on “Soap Opera Effect” which has a certain color that you may actually prefer to have turned off.
Finding a TV with excellent picture quality will take some research and checking customer reviews and even visit a store that has TVs that you are interested in and see how they look in person. You will get much better deals purchasing online, but you can learn a lot by seeing the TV in person and that will help narrow down the TVs you look at online.
TV Remote Controls – Some TV watchers have universal remotes that came with the cable box. If you aren’t going to be using that, look over the TV’s remote. It can make navigating the TVs capabilities much easier.
Styling and Design – There are so many different types of 40” TVs on the market. The thin design of LED and LCD TVs make them much easier to decorate with because they can be hung on the wall (using a proper TV mount) or set on a table. They weigh less than ever before so you don’t have to break your back trying to move them.
Some are designed with a curve; others are designed to swivel in the direction you want to point them in. The colors are fairly standard. For the most part, the colors of TVs are fairly standard: black, silver, chrome and maybe white. They can come with stands or be mounted to the wall.
Connectivity – Connectivity is easier now than it ever has been thanks to HDMI. All you need to do is count how many devices you want to hook up and then make sure you have the HDMI ports to support the devices you want to connect. It’s a good idea to have one or two extra ports to allow for expanding.
If you have an SD card slot you can you can display your photos that are right there on your telephone. Just pop the SDcard into the slot of TV to see your favorite family photos on 40” of excellent color quality television.
With all of the choices in size, style, finish, price and more, finding the one 40” TV that you will love can feel like a challenge you may or may not win at. The good news is that there are many factors you can look at and weigh to determine how good a particular model is.
The information found in this buyer’s guide can help you understand what makes a good quality 40 inch TV that will last a long time and that will provide you with all of the features and capabilities you want.
With the right knowledge, sorting through the choices no long seems daunting. You’ll know what to look for, what to compare against other models you may be interested in, and how to choose the perfect 40 inch TV for your living room, den, office or bedroom.