All in One Printer Comparison
HP Envy 7645
Canon PIXMA MX922
HP Envy 4500
Epson WorkForce WF-3620
Epson WorkForce WF-3640
HP OfficeJet Pro 6830
HP Envy 7640
Epson WorkForce WF-2630
|LCD Display||4.3″ TouchScreen||2-line Mono||3.5 " TouchScreen||3″ TouchScreen||2-line Mono||2.7″ TouchScreen||3.5 ” TouchScreen||2.65 ” TouchScreen||3.5 " TouchScreen||2.2″ Mono Graphic|
|HP 950 / 951||TN-660||HP 62||CLI-251 XL
/ PGI-250 XL
/ PGI-255 XXL
|HP 62||EP 360||EP 360||HP 934
/ HP 934
|HP 62||EP 360|
|USB||USB||USB||USB||USB | Wi-Fi | Mobile||USB||USB||Wi-Fi||USB||USB|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
All in One Printer Buying Guide
What is an All in One Printer?
An all in one printer is a single machine that handles many jobs that would normally have to be handled by several different pieces of equipment. An all in one prevents you from having to buy these different machines. All you will need is one good quality all in one and you will be able to handle a multitude of jobs front faxing important documents to printing double-sided brochures.
All in One Printer Functions
There are several different things that all in one printer will be able to handle for your business. We have outlined the most common functions below.
- Print – The printing function of your all in one produces a copy of the digital information that is sent. It can print from documents, the internet and more, depending on what your needs are. It can also include pamphlets, booklets, reports, and even photos. A standard printer can usually only print what the computer sends to it.
- Scan – Scanning is taking an image of the document, photo, etc that you have scanned and stores it in your files. You can open the scanned file later and print it from that scan copy.
- Copy – The copy function of the all in one makes a copy of the document and prints it right away. No copy is saved when you are just doing standard copying. A basic copier doesn’t need to connect to a computer and doesn’t send or receive digital information.
- Fax – The fax function of an all in one requires a connection with a phone line and sends digital copies of the documents to the recipients who have the capability to receive faxes. Official documents are sometimes transmitted via fax for quick delivery of important documents. Faxing isn’t as popular as it once was so not all all-in-one printers have the fax feature anymore. There are many offices that still rely on faxes, so if you can find a good quality all in one that has this capability, it is good to have.
Other All-in-One Printer Features
Depending on the model, there are some all-in-one printers that have additional features that may be of use to you. These features make the printer more expensive but also more valuable. We’ve listed these additional features below.
- Color – One of the benefits to a good quality all-in-one printer is the ability to scan documents in color. Some models will print in color as well but others only print in black and white. If you have an all in one that only prints in black and white, it will save on ink and paper too. If documents make up the majority of what you print, this is just fine. If you will be printing images, presentations, marketing materials, pamphlets, posters, cards and more, you will need an all in one that prints in color. It will cost more in ink, but you will be able to print beautiful projects that will work well for your business.
- Wi-Fi Enabled – Many of today’s all in ones have a printer that will require a connection to a computer to work. Wi-Fi enabled printers connect to the wireless network to allow printing from any device that is connected to the internet. The benefit to this is that the all in one printer doesn’t have to be right next to the computer. Many computers can use the all in one when it is set up this way which makes things very convenient for the office workers.
- Scan to Email from the Printer – faxing used to be the only way to send and receive digital documents but that is not the case anymore. Now emails can be sent with attachments that work the same way that scanners do. This capability enables the office to be as paperless as possible. Sometimes an all in one printer has the ability to scan a document directly to email. Most people are used to the process of saving a document, writing an email, attaching the document. The scan to email feature is a real time saver if you have a lot of documents to send.
- Memory Card Readers – These slots are built into the printer and can read and process information directly from a memory card. These memory cards can come from a camera, tablet, phone or other device. Card readers are very beneficial for offices that deal with pictures often or if it is for home use. The documents that are stored on the memory card can be processed and accessed easily without a need to connect the device to the computer at all. You can also store and access the documents from the cards which provide a level of security for the documents stored on the memory cards.
- Touchscreen – Many of the newer models of all in one printers have touchscreen capability. This will enable the user to access files and also print straight from the printer itself. The touchscreen make navigating very easy and also adds the ability to do some troubleshooting and maintenance on the printer itself. Many people love the touchscreen features but others may prefer the old fashioned way.
- Automatic Document Feeder – If you don’t do a lot of scanning or only scan or copy a couple of pages here and there, you will benefit from the automatic document feeder. Most machines that have this feature can hold up to 35 pages at one time to automatically feed into the printer. The all in one printer that has the auto-doc feed feature can usually scan, collate and then process whatever you are sending.
- Duplex Scanning/Printing – Double-sided printing is a real convenient feature to have but they require that the person doing the printing turn the paper over a certain way so the other side can be printed. Some of the higher end models print on both sides without the user having to do anything. This double sided printing feature is very useful for businesses.
What Consumables will the All in One Printer Use?
All in One Printers can use a lot of different consumable supplies. These consumables should be included in the budget for the all in one. Extras that you will need for your all in one include:
- Additional printer supplies
It will depend on the kind of printer you have, the amount of documents and papers you have to print and the type of documents you will be printing to determine the cost of all these consumables.
A good quality all-in-one printer helps a home business or small business run efficiently and more professionally by being able to handle several office tasks on its own. Even a basic all in one can take the place of several office machines making it a great time saver as well. Instead of purchasing a copier, a scanner and a fax machine, you can purchase a great quality all-in-one and you will have access to a lot of tasks that you weren’t able to before. It is a great addition to any home office or small office and will increase office productivity.