Digital Photo Frame Comparison
|800 x 600||1024|
|800 x 600||1024|
|1280 x 720||1280 x 720||1920 x 1080||1024|
|800 x 480|
Digital Photo Frame Buying Guide
What is a Digital Photo Frame?
A digital photo frame is a special picture frame that displays your digital photos without having to use a computer. It resembles a tablet in looks but the purpose of a digital frame is much more specific. Most people use them to sit on a table or shelf to display their treasured photographs. Some of the newer models of digital photo frames play music and videos too.
Choosing the Right Digital Photo Frame
There are several things you want to look for when you are searching for the right digital photo frame for your needs. Some of the frames available are basic and have simple capabilities. Others are very extensive and have a lot of bells and whistles.
We have listed the features and specific functionalities of a good quality digital photo frame. These are the kind of things you want to look for when you start looking at different models.
- Auto crop and auto image enhancement so your photos look their best every time.
- Plays music that can go along with the slideshow of your cherished photos and that can play videos too so you can have some home videos in there as well.
- Offers different choices for sorting your photos and grouping them into the right categories that you want.
- Choice of frame style that includes the shape, color, size and detail that the digital photo frame contains.
- Speed controls that control how fast the frame transitions from one image to the next.
- The ability to set up an intro shot
- Portrait or landscape display are the two basic types of frames available. The best onne to get is the frame that has a setting where the picture will automatically adjust to which it is: either portrait or landscape. This way you don’t have to eliminate any photos because they are one type of photo rather than the other.
- Having Bluetooth functionality is very convenient when it comes to transferring photos from your phone or computer to the frame.
- A slideshow is a great way to cycle through all of the photos you want to display to your guests and family. Most of the digital photo frames have this slideshow feature. Some can even play the slideshow with a music track playing.
- If you have a digital photo frame that has a sim card, you will also be able to send photos to the frame through regular email, MMS or internet upload.
- Video playback is a feature that is available on the digital photo frames that have video and music playing as part of their feature list. These frames also have built-in speakers as well.
- Some of the super, high end digital photo frames offer a feature that allows pictures to be printed right from the frame itself.
- Wi-Fi is a feature that new digital photo frames are starting to have. You can send files to different computers or cell phones and can download them from the internet as well, although mostly just from sites like Flicr.
- File type compatibility is important because if it is not compatible you won’t be able to upload photos. Popular formats are: jpg, bmp, png,mp3, wmv, mpeg, mkv, avi and others.
- LED or LCD screens are the most common types of display screens. Resolution is going to vary
- Power Sources are a mean of powering the device. Do you want battery powered or electrical that needs to plugged into an outlet? Both have their advantages but this is a factor that can be chosen based on what you prefer since it doesn’t affect any other aspect of the digital photo frame.
- Controls and the ease of the user interface are very important. If you purchase a digital photo frame that is difficult to use, you will more than likely just end up not using it. Most of the digital frames have remote controls that come with them. These remotes make it very easy to change the brightness, timings, and other functions.
- Having a USB port is important for making the transfer of files much easier. Not all digital photo frames have USB ports, so if this feature is important to you make sure to check that it does have one.
- Not all digital frames are compatible with Windows and/or Mac. Make sure that you choose the frame that is compatible with the computer OS that you have.
Taking Care of Your Digital Photo Frame
There are several things that can cause your digital photo frame to wear out and break down sooner than it would normally. Dust, heat, direct sunlight and more can affect the performance and picture quality of the frame.
If LCDs are left in direct sunlight for too long they can end up fading and the picture will not be as vivid and bright anymore. We have some tips and information on how to take care of your digital photo frame so it will last as long as possible.
- Clean the digital photo frame with a lint-free cloth that has been slightly dampened
- Use canned air to blow the dust out of the memory card slots and other openings.
- Turn off the photo frame periodically to keep it from overheating
- Do not submerge the digital frame in water for any reason.
Digital photo frames are a relatively new product and it’s gaining in popularity. There are many different features that a good quality digital frame can have including the ability to play videos, so buyers can use it as a mini home video collection as well. With so many choices available, searching through all of them can be overwhelming without the right information.
The purpose of the reviews of the top digital photo frame choices and the informative buyer’s guide, you will be able to narrow down your search and find the perfect digital frame for your photos and videos. You can feel confident in your choice and will have something to enjoy for years.
- Pix-star – https://www.pix-star.com/
- Nixplay – http://shop.nixplay.com/
- Micca – http://www.miccastore.com/