Top 10 Label Makers
|Picture||Label Maker||Labels per Minute||Symbols|
|Brady BMP41||78||> 400|
|Brother QL700||93||> 600|
|DYMO 4XL||53||> 200|
|Brother QL570||68||> 600|
|Brother QL720NW||93||> 600|
Label Maker Comparison
|Max Label |
and Die Cut
and Die Cut
and Die Cut
and Die Cut
and Die Cut
and Die Cut
|203 dpi||180 dpi||360 dpi||300 dpi||300 x 600 dpi||300 dpi||203 dpi||300 x 600 dpi||600 dpi||360 dpi|
|Text Sizes||6 to 40 pt||7 pt||7 Lines|
|6 to 40 pt||7-10 pt||4 Lines|
|7-10 pt||7-10 pt||7-10 pt||7 pt|
|Max Roll |
|Symbols||> 100||> 200||> 600||> 400||> 600||> 200||> 200||> 600||> 600||> 450|
|Battery||6 AA||Li-ion||6 AA||6 AA||4 AAA||6 AAA||Li-ion||4 AAA||4 AAA||6 AA|
Label Maker Buying Guide
What is a Label Maker?
A label maker is a device that allows a user to create labels for many different types of things. They can make labels for identifying clothing, children’s items, personal belongings, cabinets and drawers, product labeling, barcodes, and much, much more. They are used in all kinds of companies, restaurants, offices, schools and in homes for personal use too.
They come in many different sizes and have numerous features that increase their value. The idea when searching through the different models available is to find the models that fit your specific needs. A school may have different labeling needs than an office. The first step in sorting through all of your choices is to know exactly what your needs are.
Considerations to Think about Before Purchase
There are a few different questions you need to ask yourself before you start searching for the right label maker for your needs. These questions will help you narrow down the choices and make it much more apparent which models will work for you.
What kind of label material do you need – There are many different kinds of label materials available. The type of material you need for your labels will depend on what you are doing with them. Some may be perfect for resisting grease and water and can handle different temperatures. Then there are types that are on non-glossy paper that work great for files. The different labeling jobs you have make a difference as to the kinds of materials you need. The label maker you choose needs to be able to accommodate those needs and offer a variety of label materials.
How wide do you need your labels to be? – If you are labeling something like a CD case, the very narrow 3.5mm label will be perfect but you also may need labels for name tags or that allow for several lines of text. There are many different widths and styles of labels available. Look for a label maker that has a variety of width choices for the user for extra versatility.
Do you have a keyboard preference? – There are a few different styles of keyboard available on your label maker. Sometimes you may prefer QWERTY keyboard and other times a simple alphabetical design is just fine. The type of keyboard you choose is largely up to personal preference.
Features a Great Label Maker Has
There are many different features that a label maker may offer. Not all of them have the same features, but if you are looking for a good versatile label maker that can be used for a multitude of label making jobs, look for models that have the following features.
- A large variety of font sizes and text styles – Depending on the model, some label makers can even make decorative borders and print clip art and icons too. If you don’t need anything but a standard label, then buying one with tons of fonts and graphic capabilities is a waste, but for those label jobs that require versatility, finding a label maker that offers a lot of different label styles will be very valuable.
- AC Adapter or Rechargeable Batteries – You can save money by using the AC adapter or by using rechargeable batteries. The downside of using batteries is that if you use the label maker often, you will go through batteries quickly.
- Backlit Display Screen – Many screens have large displays that are backlit. This is very beneficial so you can see a preview of the label you are creating before you print it. You can see in lowlight conditions as well.
- Memory Storage – Many label makers have the ability to save frequently used label styles. If there are specific labels that you will be using repeatedly, make sure that the label maker you purchase has the ability to save many different styles of labels so you do not have to re-create them every time you want to use them.
- Automatic Label Cutter – This is a very convenient and useful feature that makes label making much easier, especially if you are doing a large labeling job. An automatic label cutter will automatically cut the label as soon as it is created, making it ready to peel and adhere.
- Thermal Printing – The old fashioned method of label making involved embossing methods that could be slow to create and awkward. Now there is thermal printing which is faster, easier and longer lasting.
- Automatic Shut Off – A good feature to look for is automatic shut off. This feature typically cuts the label masker off after it has been inactive for 15 or more seconds. This saves battery life for the label maskers that are only use batteries and can reduce the amount of energy used as well.
- PC Compatible – Another popular feature is the ability to connect the label maker to a laptop or PC so you can edit your labels, add even more choices of fonts and styles and in general spice things up more to meet your needs. For those models that have this feature, a USB cord will come with the label maker.
When it comes to choosing a well made and versatile label maker, you have the tools to decipher which models are best suited to your jobs, information and knowledge is everything. This buyer’s guide and the reviews of the top rated label makers available, you are equipped with the tools and knowledge that prevent accidentally buying the wrong item and having to exchange it or get a refund, neither of which are always an easy process.
Label makers are truly valuable tools for schools, offices, restaurants and other places of business for keeping things organized and easy to find. They are even good for home use for the same reason. Purchase a good quality label maker and there will be no need to guess where certain things are, you’ll have it organized and ready.
Sincere there are so many different models of label makers on the market, you need knowledge and information that will help you understand these convenient pieces of equipment. It is our goal that you get the information you need from our reviews and buyers guide.