Top 10 Polaroid Cameras
|Picture||Polaroid Cameras||Batteries||Weight (ounces)|
|Polaroid Snap Instant||1 x Lithium ion||13.40|
|Polaroid Z2300||4 x AA||9.30|
|Polaroid PIC-300||4 x AA||11.40|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 8||2 x AA||15.20|
|Fujifilm Instax||2 x AA||13.60|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 90||1 x Lithium Metal||16.00|
|Kodak Mini Shot||620 mAh lithium||8.40|
|Kodak PRINTOMATIC||1 x Lithium ion||16.00|
|Polaroid Originals 9002||1 x Lithium Metal||14.40|
|Polaroid POP||1 x Lithium ion||16.00|
Polaroid Camera Buying Guide
Features of Polaroid Cameras
Polaroid cameras have many features that digital cameras offer plus other capabilities that make them really fun to use. We have listed these features below so you can see which ones are important to you. Once you know what features you definitely want, make sure that the Polaroid cameras you look at have those features.
- Display – Some models of Polaroid cameras have LCD display screens so you can see your images before you print them. The displays are color and allow you to do any editing you want to do prior to the printing process. The display screen also allows you to see video clips and adjust settings, etc.
- White Balance – White balance options can include manual white balance, cloudy, fluorescent, daylight, and incandescent. The white balance option allows you to adjust the light and make it better regardless of what kind of light is available for the photo. Most photographers use white balance when the pre-selected or default one is not giving the right image quality.
- Dynamic Lighting – If your lighting conditions are not the best, you can use dynamic lighting to create the image quality you desire. Dynamic lighting works by brightening the areas of the photo that are underexposed and balancing the areas that are overexposed. This will help compensate for lighting that is less than favorable.
- Blur Function – This feature is relatively new in Polaroid cameras. It works by selecting the continuous mode automatically whenever it detects a blurry photo.
- Multiple Image Layout – This unique feature allows you to string together three shots to make one single image. This is terrific for putting the photos in an album that are unique.
- Red-Eye Effect – Red eye is a common problem with images. The red eye function will find the red eyes in the photograph and fixes them. The red eye function prevents photos that are otherwise great except for the red eye from being ruined.
- ISO – ISO determines the sensitivity that is required to make a visible image that you will be happy with. Higher ISO results in a grainy or pixilated image. Polaroid cameras have ISO ranges from ISO 100 to ISO 400.
- Saturation and Sharpness – These two features help you improve the image quality. Sharpness options include standard, soft, and hard. Saturation options usually include low, high and standard. The saturation and sharpness settings will vary from image to image.
- Self Timer – Self timers are great for taking selfies and group photos where you want to be in the shot too. The timer settings can be adjusted for different delays depending on how much time you think you will need to get into position.
- Video Mode – Some Polaroid cameras have a video mode that allows you to record video clips in 720p. Most cameras that have video recording capability can record about 30 seconds of video. Some have microphones as well. Resolution is usually 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 pixels. The videos can be uploaded to your social media channels as well if you choose.
- Storage – While the Polaroid camera will have some internal storage they also offer the ability to add a microSD card for additional storage if needed. Since the included storage is not usually very much, it is recommended that you purchase an additional SD card. The description of the item will let you know what size microSD card to get but most can handle up to 32GB.
- Color choices – Depending on the model of Polaroid, you can have a selection of color choices to pick from. The look and design of the Polaroid camera has changed a lot over the years. No longer is it huge and bulky and hard to hold. Nowadays they are sleek, available in many flashy, attractive colors, and are much smaller. Some are so compact they fit easily in your bag or pocket.
- Adhesive Backing – Many of the newer Polaroid cameras print photos that have adhesive, peel-away backing that you can take off. This allows you to stick the photos anywhere you choose from notebooks to scrapbooks.
- Smudge-Proof/Water Resistant – One of the pluses about the photos that you can print out from the Polaroid cameras is that they are dry to the touch immediately after printing. You won’t have to worry about the photo smudging or getting ruined. Some are even water resistant.
Setting a Budget
Polaroid cameras come in a wide range of prices to fit every budget. One of the considerations to think about when purchasing a Polaroid camera is the cost of the instant film as well.
The description of the camera will tell you what type of film to get for your Polaroid camera. You can purchase the instant film online, probably the same place that you purchase your camera. Amazon has many excellent instant film choices.
Even now, decades after its invention, Polaroid cameras are fun and popular ways to have instant photos at your fingertips. You can still purchase the old, vintage style Polaroid camera but the company has made some improvements on the new styles that are keeping them popular with some people, especially teens and preteens.
With all of the new choices available it can be overwhelming to figure out which one will suit your preferences the best. The purpose of this buyer’s guide is to give you information about the different models of Polaroid cameras that are available and the common features that they will have.
The three top rated choices we have featured above are all great choices. Use the information we have provided in this guide to help you figure out which model of Polaroid camera fits your needs, activities and preferences the best.
- Polaroid – http://www.polaroid.com/