DIY activities are more popular than ever. There are lots of DIY gift ideas out there that are perfect for the person who loves to do things on their own. If you are getting a gift for someone who loves DIY don’t worry, you have plenty of things to choose from. The best way to choose good gift ideas for this type of person is to think outside the box.
The more creative your thinking is, the more ideas you will come up with. You’re only as limited as your imagination is. We have provided several DIY gift ideas for you to take a look at to see if they are a good match for the person you are purchasing a gift for.
The person who loves DIY will be excited and pleased to open your gift and find that it is something that fits with their personality and love of all things DIY.
Best DIY Gift Ideas
Customers love the quality and purity of these essential oils
Essential oils can be used to make a variety of products from soaps to perfume. The DIY-er in your life will love this 7 piece, 100% pure essential oil kit.
Included with the essential oils is an instructional ebook that will help them create some of the things they would like to create.
Each of the essential oils in this kit is 100% pure and has no synthetics, carriers, bases, fillers or additives. It is also FDA approved and animal cruelty and GMO free as well.
These oils are taken from plants and are grown carefully under perfect conditions so they will have pure oil from which to create incredible products that they can use in their own life or give to friends and family.
These essential oils come with a 100%, 120 day money back guarantee that states if they are not happy, the oils can be returned within 120 days for a complete refund. They will love the creativity they can use and the array of products that they can make using these incredible oils.
Customers love how easy it is to use this kit even if someone is just starting out with scrapbooking.
Scrapbooking is a wildly popular activity that has only gotten more popular over the years. People who love DIY activities love to make scrapbooks, baby books, journals, wedding albums and much more with all of the scrapbooking materials that are available.
The DIY lover you are purchasing a gift for will flip over this scrapbooking box kit that includes a large amount of scrapbooking supplies that can be used to create numerous items. This particular kit is a family themed kit but the sky is the limit when it comes to what it possible in this medium.
Included in this 12” x 12” kit is a variety of papers, embellishments, puffy stickers, paper stickers, chipboard alphas, ribbon and the album itself. They will enjoy creating something that they can keep and use for their own family or give as a gift to a friend or family member. There are also 10 double sided sheet protectors to keep the pages safe and sound once they are created.
Customers rave about the high quality and durability of these jewelry making tools
One of the most popular DIY activities out there is jewelry making. Many people do it simply for the love of doing something creative and others do it to make money or start a business. If you’re looking for a great gift for a DIY-er this is certainly it.
This DIY jewelry kit enables people to make breathtaking sets of jewelry whenever they want. It can even be used to do some DIY jewelry repair of existing jewelry that may need fixing. It’s a great way to save money and make money too.
Included in this great gift are 16 jewelry making tools that posses a great level of quality. They will have at their disposal:
- 1 hook
- 1 thread cutter
- 3 needles
- 3 pliers that includes flush cutters, chain nose and round nose pliers
- Two pairs of tweezers
- plastic caliper
- needle device
- 2 thimbles
This inclusive set gives the gift recipient the tools they need to perform a variety of projects including electrical work, beading, wire crafting, and jewelry design. All the tools come in a black zippered bag that will keep everything together. The pliers included in this set are made from high quality iron with the handles dipped in plastic for maximum comfort.
Customers suggest this as a great starter set for beginners.
One of the most popular DIY activities is woodworking. This complete set of woodcarving tools makes the perfect gift for a DIY woodworker.
These high quality woodworking tools will allow them to perform a variety of tasks and do many different do-it-yourself projects.
Included in the set is:
- #5 knife handle
- 6 assorted blades including #18 heavy wood chiseling blade, #19 angled wood chiseling blade, #22 large curved carving blade, #27 heavy duty saw blade, #24 deburring blade, and a #26 whittling blade
- 4 routers
- 5 gouges
All of these quality tools come in a wooden chest to keep them organized and protected. It is a perfect set for the diy woodworker who cares about quality and wants the best.
Customers recommend this beautiful art kit for kids 8 and up that love to draw and paint.
Drawing and other art mediums is another form of DIY that you may not have considered as a gift for the younger birthday DIY-er.
Whether it’s drawing or calligraphy, this beautiful 142 piece wood art set, encased in a gorgeous deluxe wood case is sure to please.
There are three different types of painting and drawing mediums that include crayon pastels, watercolor paints, and drawing implements. The durable and solidly constructed wood case keeps everything organized and makes a beautiful gift presentation.
They will open the case to reveal:
- 60 crayons
- 24 colored pencils
- 24 watercolor cakes
- 3 mixing palettes
- 2 paint brushes
- 2 sketch pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Color chart
- 24 oil pastels
They will have more than enough to enjoy creating a variety of different projects and paintings. This is a perfect gift for young DIY-ers of any almost any age although due to the small pieces that can easily become choking hazards, it is recommended to be given to ages 8 and up and not left unsupervised around 5 and under.
Customers love this bath bomb making kit and recommend it highly to experienced and beginning DIYers.
This DIY gift will thrill your birthday friend or family member who loves to make soaps and other bath supplies. This bath bomb kit has everything they will need to create 12 awesome cupcake bath bombs.
This kit is the only kit on the market anywhere that has 100% pure essential oils. There are no vegetable oil fillers, no artificial scents and nothing that will ruin the purity of the products they can create.
Included ingredients of this fun kit include:
- Pre-measured baking soda
- Citric acid
- Epson salts
- Corn starch
- Spray bottle
- 12 cupcake mold liners
- 4 essential oils (eucalyptus, lemon, lavender, grapefruit)
- Recipe card
The DIY birthday guest of honor will love receiving this kit and will have a blast creating heavenly smelling bath bombs that they can use themselves or give as gifts.
Customers say this is the perfect beginners set for those interested in learning leather work.
Another common DIY activity is leather work. This beautiful Tandy basic leather craft kit is the perfect starter kit for those just starting out.
There are three projects and 2 practice pieces of leather that new DIYers can complete and make. Included in this beginner’s kit is:
- Swivel knife
- Wooden mallet
- Leather strop
- Jewelers rogue
- 6 stamping tools including z-v407, z-b701, z-p217, z-a104, z-s706, and z-c431
- 4.4 ounce bottle of Eco Flo Super Shene
- Roll of tracing film
- Kit for ID wallet
- Kit for key fob
- Kit for coin purse
- 2 practice pieces
They will completely thrilled with this beginning leather set that gets them started with leather work in a fun and simple way.
Customers are raving about the great quality and fun this kit offers.
This great kit teaches DIY lovers how to make their own soy wax candles. The instructions are very easy to follow and the kit includes everything they will need to get started making soy candles.
If you are looking for a good gift for the crafter that loves DIY projects, this is a great choice. Included in the kit is:
- Pouring pot
- 5 pounds of natural soy wax
- 5 candle scents
- 3 color bars
- 12 tin containers
This kit is offered with a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states if they are not happy with the kit or something is defective, they will replace the kit or refund the money.
Customers recommend this kit as a great way to start brewing with a smaller investment required.
Some DIY-ers like to look for new projects to tackle. If the gift recipient is someone that likes beer, this home brewing beer making kit will certainly be an exciting and rewarding DIY project to try.
The Coopers DIY beer making kit includes all the supplies they will need to bottle 6 gallons of delicious and refreshing beer. Included as part of the kit is:
- 30 reusable 740 ml plastic PET 02 barrier bottle with caps
- Coopers lager refill pack
- Coopers beer hydrometer
- Bottling wand
- Beer mixing spoon
- Coopers instructional DVD
- Patented fermenter
- Brewers log with erasable marker
- Brewing thermometer
Everything is reusable so they can keep making great tasting beer and perfecting their technique. The malt refills help you make delicious beer over and over again.
Customers rave about this starter kit that helps DIY-ers get started turning pens.
This amazing pen making starter pack from Amazon is a perfect gift for a beginning or experienced DIYer. Pen making is a fun and interesting hobby that many enjoy.
This DIY kit has everything you will need to get started making hand crafted pens that really work. They will be able to make 10 different projects. Included in this exciting pen making kit is:
- Complete user’s manual
- 40 minute instructional DVD
- 5 grit assortment of sandpaper strips
- Tube insertion tool
- Assembly glue
- Pen press to assemble the parts
- Pre-drilled wooden blanks made of rosewood
- Pen mandrel that is used for turning the blanks and mounting them as well
- Bushings for the pens
- 3 HCS chisels used for turning
- Trimming tool for the barrel
- 10 Slimline pens with 24k gold finish that have a lifetime guarantee
All 43 pieces of this terrific starter set will help the birthday diy lover create a beautiful set of pens. Presentation pouches are also included. Make sure they have access to a 2MT headstock lathe before purchasing this kit for them, as they will need it in the creation process.
Choosing the Right DIY Gift
DIY projects of all sizes and mediums have taken the world by storm. You can see them every day on TV channels and in books and magazines. If you are purchasing a gift for someone that loves DIY projects you will be glad to know that there is quite a variety of choices for you to look over.
We have suggested 10 terrific DIY gifts that will please do-it-yourselfers of all skill levels. Maybe they already know how to make soap but have never worked with leather…you can get them the leather craft kit and give them something completely new to learn.
We’ve listed some things for you to remember when you are looking for that perfect DIY gift idea for the crafter, woodworker, hobbyist in your life. They are going to love what you come up with.
Dos and Don’ts to Remember
- Look for DIY ideas that include everything they will need to make a few projects without having to purchase any additional supplies right off the bat. This gives them a chance to try a few new things before spending money on a new hobby that they may not want to continue.
- Find out what they have already done so you can give them a gift that has a different DIY project. There are so many choices available that it’s easy to come up with something new and exciting to try.
- Take the age of the birthday person into consideration. Kids of all ages usually love DIY kits as well, but some may be too advanced to be safe. Check age recommendations and look for kits that are suited to the age of the child you are buying for.
- Purchase a gift that is something they do on a regular basis if you can help it. While adding to their supplies if they have a particular hobby is fine, if they love DIY stuff of all kinds, it could be much more exciting to them to be able to try something new. If they don’t like change, stick with the things they’re already doing unless you find out from them that they are open to doing something new.
- Purchase DIY gifts that need a bunch of additional supplies to be able to make the projects suggested. If you are willing to purchase the additional supplies as well, then this “don’t” doesn’t apply, but it is disappointing to open a gift only to find out you can’t use it yet unless you purchase more items.
- Choose DIY gifts that are way below or above the skill level of the recipient. Struggling to learn something new when it is way above the skill level is only frustrating and having a diy project that is way too simple for your skills is just boring.
DIY is only getting bigger with more and more offerings and different projects popping up. Looking for diy gifts is becoming easier than ever. If none of the suggestions listed above are quite what you had in mind, get some ideas from what we have suggested and see what you can come up with on your own for creative DIY gifts that they will love.