Buying gifts for children nowadays is very different than it was decades ago. The invention of Xboxes and Playstations, iPads and cell phones have made it a lot more difficult to find gifts that are age appropriate and that the child will like.
Even in this technological time, there are many great gift ideas for a 10 year old boy that he would really enjoy and have fun playing with. The 10 suggestions we have listed here are not based on electronic devices and video games. We have provided items that he can play with even when there is no electricity available.
If none of these ideas appeal to you, then use the suggestions as guidelines for choices of your own. Try to keep in mind that gifts that get them up and off the couch and being creative and active are excellent ways to bring some dimension and variety to the child.
Best Gift Ideas for a 10 Year Old Boy
Customers love the creativity this allows their children to have and the nostalgia it provides them of their own childhood.
Spirograph has been around for decades but for the artistic young man that loves to draw and create, it is just as much fun now as it was then. This spirograph tin has everything he needs to have all kinds of fun creating different drawings.
Included in this tin are 7 wheels, 1 rack, 2 pens, a 10 page guide book, spiro putty, 1 ring, and 24 pieces of design paper. All of this comes in a metal tin that has a snap in tray to store all of the supplies in.
The design of this item has been inspired by the original Spirograph that came out in 1965. It is the perfect gift for the young man who loves to draw and color. He’ll be able to create endless amounts of spiraling designs in all kinds of colors.
Customers love the entertainment that this provides for kids of all ages
Any young boy will love the cool light effects these LED flashing light gloves will give him. The soft black cotton gloves with white light up fingers have 7 different colors that can flash. The light modes can be changes via the button on the wrist.
These gloves are tons of fun for campouts, playing outside in the dark, or even in their room. They can also be invaluable entertainment for a child that is sick in bed or even in the hospital.
There are 4 batteries needed to make these work. Those batteries are replaceable and the gloves come with 4 initially.
Customers love the benefits playing this game offers the whole family.
The interesting game is fun for the whole family. It’s all about balance and hanging things in the right spot with this Suspend game. This game can be played by 1-4 players.
Included are 24 game rods, colored die, 4 frame rods, wooden base and a wooden connector. It can be a real challenge to play this game alone or have a lot of exciting and play in a group.
Suspend will help him develop interpersonal skills, cognitive skills and hand-eye coordination too. The game’s rules are easy but learning to do it with steady hands and skill is a real challenge which means this game will be fun for a long time to come.
There are four levels of play to keep the engagement going for a long time. This is a great gift for a 10 year old boy that will give him years of enjoyment and challenges.
Customers love the entertainment this toy provides and the ease of use, even for beginners.
He’ll have hours of fun with this mini drone pocket Quadcopter. The easy to use controller is perfect for beginners. There are three speed modes: 40, 70 and 100% that are in line with the skill levels of beginners, intermediate flyers and advanced flyers.
The one key landing and takeoff functions make this unit easy to maneuver. There is a low battery warning light that will blink when the battery power is too low that will get the copter to the ground safely.
This cute machine is so compact it will fit into their pocket so they can take it anywhere. It even has a cool LED light for nighttime flying. This mini drone will provide him with plenty of opportunity to enjoy flying their mini drone all over the place.
Parent customers love the educational aspect of this game.
What better game for a 10 year old boy than one named Totally Gross? This science based game will provide tons of laughter while answering lots of silly science questions and participating in the gross out challenges.
Questions will cover a broad range of geology, chemistry, zoology, anatomy, biology and physics. There are 140 question cards, 30 lab cards, a jar of slime, a die, 50 gross out cards and 4 playing pieces.
2-4 players can play this fun and educational game that encourages interaction.
Customers love the educational benefits that this fun family game offers.
Here’s another great family game that is fun for everyone. This logic puzzle and marble run game offers a total of 60 different challenges that range from the beginning level to expert level.
It is for ages 8 and up and is just as enjoyable for one player as it is for a small group of players.
Included in the box are 9 towers, 1 target piece, 1 game grid, 3 marbles and 60 challenge cards. This game teaches kids planning skills and special reasoning as well.
Customers love the confidence and creativity this magic set inspires in their kids.
Young boys often get a fascination with magic. This deluxe Magic Set by Melissa and Doug provides plenty of easy to learn tricks that every child will love. There are 10 popular tricks in this set:
- Magic Coin Box
- Egyptian Prediction
- Magic Number
- Vanishing Coin
- Disappearing Ball
- Money Maker
- Vanishing Zone
- Great Escape
- Secret Silks
- Cylinder Squeeze
The tricks in this solid wood, deluxe magic kit will help build tons of confidence and also develops hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills too. For ages 8 and up.
Customers love the durability of this missile launcher. Much better than other models.
Another favorite activity that boys love is launching missiles. This fun Blast Pad is the best of the best when it comes to missile launching. The tube that launches everything extends 3 feet and there is no kinking of the hose due to the flex construction.
The new design of this launcher allows the missiles to fly super high, much higher than before. All of the parts of this missile launcher fit into the base conveniently so everything is together.
Customers love the quality of Lego and the detail that is used to create these popular LEGO scenes.
Minecraft is a wildly popular game with kids on Xbox and now it’s combined with Lego to bring it to their bedroom.
This Lego playset includes a Steve mini figure, a skeleton, sheep and a cow. There is also a skeleton’s bow, a shovel and 262 other assorted LEGO pieces.
He will have a fantastic time building and creating the same scenes in real life that he can do online.
The Minecraft Farm is just one of many LEGO Minecraft sets. Let them start their own collection and get all of the LEGO Minecraft sets.
Customers love the durability and brilliant screen printing that this lunch bag has. It will easily become a favorite to use.
If your 10 year old carries his lunch to school and he love Star Wars, he will be all set with this excellent dual compartment lunch kit with Kylo Ren.
The gorgeous lunch kit has sharp looking black and red with a zippered bottom and fold over top.
His lunch will never get crushed in this insulated bag with the bottom portion that is hard sided for sandwiches or chips and the top that is for apples, cookies, and drinks.
He will love the look of this lunch bag and will enjoy the compliments from other kids about how cool his lunch bag is.
Choosing the Right Gift for a 10 Year Old Boy
Children are very easy to buy gifts for, even if you don’t fall victim to the electronic frenzy that many kids now are embroiled in. A 10 year old boy is usually into a lot of things that can be converted into gift ideas.
When you start searching for ideas for a little boy there are several things that you want to keep in mind that will almost guarantee that he will love the gift that you have picked out. We have listed some important tips to keep in mind when you start shopping for a gift for your 10 year old boy.
Even if the boy you are shopping for is not your son, these tips apply and will help you choose the right gift that he will love and play with often.
Dos and Don’ts to Remember
- Take the child’s hobbies and likes into consideration when you start looking for a gift. If it is your child, you know what he likes and what things he likes to do. You can use this knowledge to narrow down the selection and find something he is going to be really excited about.
- Consider things like art supplies, books, and model kits. These kinds of gifts are almost always well loved by children in the 10 year old age group. They love creating things and using their imagination and these types of gifts facilitate that. Make sure that the art supplies, models and books are age appropriate and not too young for them. You also want to make sure they are not too old. A little bit of a challenge is a good thing but if they are too complicated they could become discouraged.
- If you decide to purchase video games, be sure to look at the rating. There are some really good video games available but there are also some that a 10 year old would be too young to play. The ratings are good indications of what is contained in the game that would potentially be too old for a boy his age. You can also ask the opinions of video game store clerks. They will typically be very honest about their opinions on different games and they can be a valuable resource.
- Look for gifts that will encourage him to be outside or engaged in an activity that involves not being on the couch with a controller. There are so many great choices out there including building sets, art sets, bicycles, and many other choices. Most boys that age are still into Legos, Hot wheels and other things.
- Purchase clothing as a gift for a 10 year old. Exceptions to this tip would be if he has asked for a specific pair of shoes or something of that nature. Clothing is mostly looked at as a boring gift by a child so don’t make clothing the focal point of the gifts, especially things like socks and underwear that a young man would possibly be embarrassed to open in front of anyone.
- Choose things that you hope he will be interested or like. There are plenty of other opportunities to broaden his horizons. A birthday or Christmas gift should always be something that he has expressed a desire to have or something that you know for sure that he loves to do.
- Forget to consider bedding sets as a gift. If he loves Star Wars or WWE or some other famous show, movie or character, you can choose a bedding set as a gift that he will really enjoy. There are many different bedding sets available in all kinds of themes. Having his bed decked out in his favorite type can be a real boost to his room. It can also encourage him to make his bed every day since he will want to see the full comforter with his favorite thing on it.
Gift giving is a time to show the people you are purchasing how much you care about them. If you are purchasing a gift for a 10 year old boy, you want it to be something that he can truly be excited about. With all of the choices available you will have no problem coming up with a lot of gift ideas to choose from.