Top 10 Body Wash for Men
|Body Wash||Contains||Quantity (fl oz)|
|RUGGED & DAPPER||Rosehip, Olive||16.00|
|Old Spice||Citric Acid||16.00|
|Molton Brown||Orange, Bergamont||10.00|
|Jack Black||Rosemary, Eucalyptus||33.00|
|Man Made Wash||Macadamia, Jojoba||18.21|
Body Wash for Men Comparison
Man Made Wash
|Citrus extract, |
Body Wash for Men Buying Guide
Things to Consider
There are several things that you will want to keep in mind when you are looking for the right body wash for your needs. Body wash for men is different than body wash for women because the needs, skin types and even level of cleaning that is needed is different.
We have listed several tips concerning body wash that you want to keep in the forefront of your mind as you are looking around at the different choices available.
- Familiarize yourself with the ingredients that are used in men’s body wash. Knowing what is in the products you use helps you understand which ingredients to avoid.
- Read labels. You want to avoid body washes that have harsh chemicals in them. These chemicals can strip the skin’s natural oils and cause flaking, redness and dry, scaly skin.
- Read customer feedback to learn about scent, lather ability and other things about the body washes you are interested in.
- It’s beneficial to look for body wash that provides moisture for your skin. The products that can do this will contain shea butter or aloe vera as well as other ingredients that are known for adding moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Make sure the shelf life of the product you choose is good and long. Even though you may not need it to stay fresh as new for the whole shelf life, but if they have a long shelf life, you’ll know that the ingredients will be fresh and effective when you use the product.
- Avoid SLS which is sodium lauryl sulfate which is a common ingredient in beauty products. This ingredient has been linked to hair loss due to the possibility of the follicles being severely damaged.
Things to Look for in Your Body Wash
- Make sure that you choose body wash that contains the best ingredients and that those ingredients are natural. This makes the product safe for everyday use but it will lather well and clean the body too.
- You want to find a body wash that maintains the natural balance of the skin
- Take care of rough, dry skin with moisturizing ingredients that take care of the skin properly.
- Make sure it doesn’t contain any silicone which can leave a residue on the skin and hair even after rinsing.
- Steer away from products that contain artificial fragrances and colors.
- Look for body wash that doesn’t contain any ingredients that have been linked to problems like dry skin, hair loss, skin irritations and other problems.
Ingredients It is Better to Avoid
There are many ingredients in beauty products for men and women that it is better to stay away from due to the damage they can cause to the skin. These ingredients can be readily found in a lot of products. If the body wash you choose has any of these ingredients in it and you notice adverse reactions happening such as irritated dry skin, you may want to look for products that have taken them out.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate – These are very commonly found in body wash and shampoo products. They are very irritating to the eyes but can also cause problems with the scalp and hair follicles as well. It has even been sited to be absorbed by the skin after continuous contact and can cause asthma attacks.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Myreth Sulfate – These are also ingredients that are irritating to the eyes and scalp and have a substantial amount of alcohol in them which can dry the skin and hair.
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonate (other names are AOS, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate) – Many times you might see statements alluding to the fact that this is derived from coconuts. In actuality, it contains small amounts of an ingredient known as benzene which is a toxin.
- DEA, Cocamide-DEA – other DEA ingredients are carcinogens – Studies have shown that these ingredients are absorbed by the skin and can accumulate in the brain. Prolonged use can even put users at risk for cancer.
- Triethanolamine and its variants – mucous membranes are affected in higher doses but at the minimal doses, skin and eye irritation is not unheard of.
Great Bathroom Tools to Have When Using Body Wash
There are several things that are good to have that will help your body wash work the most effectively. These “tools” will make using a body wash much more than just getting clean it will be relaxing and rejuvenating as well. Even though they are not a necessity when using body wash they definitely result in super clean skin and great smelling skin and hair too. Shower and washing tools are not just for women. They do a lot of good for men too.
- Back brush – This is a great shower tool to have on hand for getting your back clean. It is a difficult area to reach so the long handle of the back brush can make it much simpler. It is important to clean your back, especially if you work a job where you do a lot of sweating and getting dirty. The back brush along with an excellent body wash will keep your back blemish free.
- Bath Brush – Pour the body wash directly onto the bath brush and use it on your arms, legs, and the rest of your body. Bath brushes are great for exfoliating the skin and getting rid of the dead skin that can dull the complexion.
- Loofah – This bath tool has a rougher texture which makes it an excellent exfoliation tool.
- Mesh Sponges – Mesh sponges are soft in nature and produce a lot of lather when you use your body wash.
- Regular Sponges – Sponges fit in your hand and are super easy to use since they curve to the body and get rid of all traces of sweat and dirt. Just squirt the body wash right onto the wet sponge and then wash all over. There are also sea sponges that can absorb water and clean the skin as well.
If you want to get really clean and smell great too, you will want to choose a high quality body wash for men that will provide the benefits you are looking for. With so many to choose from, it can get pretty confusing to choose unless you know what you are looking for and what you want to avoid.
Most body washes come in a variety of scents that you can choose from. All of the scents are the type that men like from sporty scents to more musky ones. With all of this variety available, once you find a brand you like you can try all the scents until you find one that you like the best.
Even though body wash for men is a relatively new product, they have created some really good quality ones that make cleaning up a pleasure for the man and the people he is around as well.
- Nivea – http://www.niveamenusa.com/products
- Old Spice – http://oldspice.com/en
- Rugged and Dapper – https://ruggedanddapper.com/