Cinnamon Herbal Supplements Review
The best cinnamon herbal supplements on the market are made from true cinnamon, also known as Ceylon. It is a higher quality form of cinnamon than Cassia and can provide many health benefits. Our pick, Ceylon Cinnamon Capsules, comes from Sri Lanka and is the truest form of cinnamon.
Introduction to the Cinnamon Herbal Supplements
The popularity of cinnamon has been experienced for thousands of years in Eastern cultures. It is a good source of health benefits which include lowering blood sugar and reducing heart disease factors. Over the last several years its popularity has taken hold in the US and increasingly more people are adding it to their daily supplement routine.
There are many reasons to add cinnamon to your diet including anti-cancer properties that this spice is showing in some clinical studies. More studies are currently being conducted, but it has been shown that there are compounds in cinnamon which are effective in slowing the growth rate of tumors and killing cancer cells as well.
One of the most notable benefits is the effect on the body’s blood sugar levels. Getting control of blood sugars can reduce the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. Another benefit is the way in which it helps the body process carbohydrates. It breaks them down effectively versus than letting them turn to fat; something very popular in our current low-carb culture. With these many benefits and more being discovered about this great tasting spice, it is not surprising that it is continuing to gain popularity.
It is important to choose the right type of cinnamon to ensure that you get the best benefits possible when adding it to your supplements. There are many different cinnamon herbal supplements on the market to choose from. This guide will show you what to look for when shopping for a high-quality, true cinnamon supplement. You will also learn several of the benefits that taking a good quality cinnamon herbal supplement will provide.
Cinnamon Herbal Supplements Summary
Natural supplements are always a better choice for improving health than taking medication. In many cases, taking supplements before there is a problem can prevent one from developing. Cinnamon Herbal Supplements are a fantastic choice for helping to balance blood sugar, help the body properly process carbs instead of turning them to fat and improving heart health.
There are many different types and brands of cinnamon supplements on the market but they are not all created equal. There are better quality brands and truer forms of this beneficial spice that haven’t been altered by the inclusion of other ingredients. It is this pure cinnamon that you want to look for when researching different offerings on the market.
Learning the properties of the better-quality cinnamon supplements will help make your decision much easier. Armed with this knowledge, you can look at the milligram count and reputation of the company to further narrow the field. With the proper information, choosing the perfect cinnamon herbal supplement becomes much easier.
If you are looking for an all-natural supplement that will help stabilize your blood sugar, help you process carbs, help your heart and even have an impact on cancer by slowing the growth of tumors, cinnamon is an excellent choice.
It doesn’t have to be taken in capsule form. It is also possible to separate the capsules and sprinkle it over buttered toast, peanut butter sandwiches, hot chocolate or coffee, apple cider and much more. The handy buyer’s guide below will help you find a cinnamon herbal supplement that meets your needs, budget and tastes.
Cinnamon Herbal Supplement Comparison
Cinnamon Herbal Supplement Buying Guide
You may be surprised to learn that about 250 different species of cinnamon have been identified all over the world. This is due to the fact that the cinnamon tree grows all over the world and different species are found on different continents and in different regions.
There are two main types of cinnamon that are most common. These two are:
- Ceylon Cinnamon – This type of cinnamon has also been referred to as “true” cinnamon. It is not as commonly used as cassia cinnamon but is healthier and absent of coumarin, which is a potentially toxic ingredient when taken in excess.
- Cassia Cinnamon – This form of cinnamon is the type found in most grocery stores. It is more readily available and easier to find.
Differences Between Ceylon Cinnamon and Cassia Cinnamon
The two types of cinnamon that are most common are sourced from two different trees that are related. Ceylon cinnamon comes from trees located in Sri Lanka and Thailand. It is a rare form of cinnamon so it is more expensive than cassia cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is also called “true cinnamon”. It is much more difficult to find Ceylon cinnamon in grocery and health food stores but it can be easily found online and through the links we have provided above.
Cassia cinnamon has also been called Chinese or Saigon cinnamon due to the fact that it almost exclusively comes from trees located in China. This type of cinnamon is the one most commonly found in stores and is less expensive than Ceylon cinnamon.
Based on studies that have been done, researchers believe that Ceylon cinnamon is much healthier than Cassia Cinnamon. There have been more studies done on Cassia than Ceylon but this is changing as more information comes out about the health benefits true cinnamon can bring. There is a compound in cinnamon called coumarins that Ceylon cinnamon has much less of than Cassia. In fact, the amount is so small that it can barely be detected. It is the coumarins that indicate Cassia cinnamon can cause problems if large amounts are taken.
Overall you can expect similar health benefits from both types of cinnamon but as more studies are done, it is expected that Ceylon cinnamon will come out on top as the best variety to take.
When the two types of cinnamon were compared, we found Ceylon cinnamon to be much lighter and somewhat citrusy in taste compared to Cassia cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon is much spicier and has a deeper taste to it. They can both be used in baking and cooking recipes. If the type of cinnamon is not specified on the bottle, you can generally expect it to be Cassia. You should use your cinnamon within one year from the date of purchase and then replace it with new bottle.
Should You Take Cinnamon Herbal Supplements?
There are many health benefits that have been reported from taking cinnamon herbal supplements. If you are undecided about taking it, read just a few of the many benefits below to see just what cinnamon herbal supplements can do for you.
- Anti-inflammatory – The anti-inflammatory properties of cinnamon have been reported to lower the onset of brain decline, cancer, heart disease and more. There have been more than 7 different flavonoid compounds that have been found in cinnamon and all are very effective at fighting inflammation in the body. Cinnamon’s ability to lower inflammation and swelling make it a great choice for helping reduce allergic reactions, muscle soreness and PMS pain.
- Protects the heart – Additional studies report that using cinnamon can reduce cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, lower triglyceride levels and other risk factors that can increase heart disease. Because of the special compounds present in cinnamon herbal supplements, it has been found to help the body form blood clots which prevent excessive bleeding. Another benefit is an increase in blood circulation which can help the heart repair itself if it has been damaged. Heart tissue is also repaired which lowers the risk of heart disease, stroke, and heart attacks.
- Fights Viruses and Infections – When it comes to illness, cinnamon provides many benefits that assist the body in defending itself to disease. It is a natural antibiotic, anti-fungal anti-microbial and anti-viral agent. Taking it can boost the immune system and help you ward off illnesses such as the cold, the flu, digestive tract problems, and skin issues.
As you can see there are many reasons that taking a good quality cinnamon herbal supplement is good for your health and well being. Aside from just tasting good, it can help protect your heart, reduce inflammation, freshen your breath, and help the health of your teeth and gums.
For having so many health benefits, it is an extremely affordable supplement and is easy to find online. In this guide, we have shown you the differences between the two types of cinnamon, shown you what to look for and provided three top-rated cinnamon herbal supplement choices.
With these many benefits, the popularity of cinnamon herbal supplements continues to grow. Adding it to your daily supplement routine, in the right doses can have a significant impact on your health that will help you look and feel better.
- Zhou – http://www.zhounutrition.com/
- Nature’s Bounty – https://www.naturesbounty.com/
- New Chapter – http://www.newchapter.com/