Top 10 Dark Spot Correctors
|Picture||Dark Spot Corrector||Contains||Quantity (fl oz)||Colors|
|Whitening Labs||Organic Aloe Vera ||4.00||Pale / White / Yellow |
|Majestic Pure||Organic Herbal Infusion ||4.00||Pale |
|Glow||Kojic Acid ||1.70||Pale |
|Olay||Olive Oil ||1.70||Beige |
|BFE||Lemon, Orange Fruit Extracts ||1.70||White |
|Garnier||Octocrylene ||2.50||White |
|Clinique||Cucumber Fruit Extract||1.70||Beige |
|Swissvita||Ethyl Ascorbic Acid ||0.50||Clear |
|Ponds||Vitamins B3, C ||7.00||White |
|CPP||Sweet Almond ||1.70||Clear |
Dark Spot Corrector Comparison
|Kojic Acid||Olive Oil||Lemon,|
|Vitamins B3, |
Dark Spot Corrector Buying Guide
Things to Think About
Before you purchase a dark spot corrector, there are a few things that you will want to think about. Below we have a list of questions that are good to ask yourself in order to eliminate the products that don’t fit what you are looking to accomplish.
- What skin problems do you want to address? – Do you want to deal with dark spots only or are you looking for a product that also tackles uneven skin tone, fine lines, dark circles, etc? Knowing what you want to tackle is the first step in choosing the right dark spot corrector for your needs.
- What is your skin type? – People of all skin types use dark spot correctors. However, there are some that may not be suited to your skin because of the ingredients they may contain, especially if you have sensitive skin. Skin types include dry, oily, normal, T-zone problems, sensitive and some people may even have super-sensitive skin that has trouble handling any kind of product.
- What do you want the product to accomplish? – Be realistic but optimistic. You want the dark spot corrector you choose to minimize dark spots, even out your skin tone, and make you look as good as possible. While these types of products can’t literally take years off your skin, good quality products can make a huge difference in the appearance and health of your skin and they can repair damage that has occurred over the years.
When looking for results, be sure to allow enough time if you’re using the product according to the recommended instructions. Expecting miraculous results within a week is unreasonable. It took time for your skin to get into the condition it is and it will take time for it to be repaired.
Ingredients That Work
Dark spot correctors have many different ingredients. For the product to work sufficiently, it must include ingredients that are connected to the repair of the problems you want to correct. We have listed some of the proven ingredients that you can expect to find in a high-quality dark spot corrector. There are additional ingredients to those we have listed but this list will give you an idea of what to look for.
- Resveratrol – This popular ingredient has been clinically shown to reduce melanin production by as much as 50%. It is a good ingredient to help correct problems and prevent new ones from forming.
- Witch Hazel – This ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties that can help get rid of the redness and inflammation of the skin. It contains beneficial antioxidants as well.
- Alpha Arbutin – This organically derived compound blocks the effects of melanin on your skin and removes dark spots safely and quickly as well.
- Vitamin C – This is a super-beneficial ingredient that will have many positive effects on the skin; positive effects such as reducing fine lines and wrinkles to fading sun and dark spots.
Things to Avoid
Some of the dark spot correctors on the market use ingredients that are dangerous and not beneficial to your skin at all. In fact, they may even cause more damage and problems such as rashes, irritation and flaking from dryness. These are the ingredients you will want to avoid using on your skin.
- Hydroquinone – This chemical is a carcinogen that is banned in many countries, but not the US. It has been linked to tumor growth and other problems and is not something you should put on your skin. There are plenty of excellent dark spot correctors that are hydroquinone free. Look for these.
- Mercury – There are some products that still use mercury because it is inexpensive. It is one of the most harmful ingredients your body can come into contact with. It has been linked to kidney and nervous system damage as well. Always read the labels on your skin care products to make sure they contain no mercury.
What Causes Dark Spots?
If you have been frequently exposed to the sun or if you have been severely sunburned, you may notice the appearance of dark spots on your face, hands, legs, shoulders and anywhere that was exposed to the sun. Even though they are sometimes called liver spots, these annoying skin discolorations have nothing to do with the liver.
They are the body’s response to the sun’s UV radiation. If too much melanin is produced in certain areas of the skin, the pigment will clump, resulting in a dark spot. These spots can be diminished with proper products and attention.
Dark spots, sun spots, liver spots…whatever you call them, one thing is true, people don’t want them. With the information contained in this guide you now have what you need to sort through all the products in the market and choose one that does not have dangerous ingredients. Using a good quality dark spot corrector will improve the look and feel of your skin.
You want to avoid damaging your skin even further so be mindful of the ingredients that are listed in the dark spot correctors you are researching and choose one that doesn’t have any harmful ingredients in it.
Take the time to research, read labels and pay attention to the ingredients contained in the product. This way you will not aggravate your skin any further or cause additional problems that must be fixed. Being knowledgeable about which ingredients to avoid, which to look for to achieve positive results, and being aware of the results you want makes you an informed buyer that won’t randomly choose a product. With your dedication and by paying attention to the information we have provided, your skin will start to regain its youthful appearance and healthy glow.