Top 10 Eye Creams
|Cream||Quantity (fl oz)||Contains|
|First Botany||0.50||Seed Oil|
|Vernal||0.50||Peptide, Vitamin C|
|TruSkin||0.50||Aloe Vera, Cucumber|
|OZ Naturals||0.50||Peptide, Vitamin E|
|Puristica||0.50||Wild Plant Extracts|
|YALMEH||0.50||Peptide, Vitamin E, C|
|Claire-ify||1.00||Jo Joba Oil|
|SkinMedica||0.50||Vitamin A, E, C|
Eye Cream Comparison
YALMEH Super Youth
Claire-ify Vitamin C serum
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind
|Type||Eye Cream||Eye Gel||Eye Gel||Eye Gel||Eye Gel||Eye Cream||Serum||Serum||Cream||Cream & |
Plant Stem Cells,
Plant Stem Cells,
Jo Joba oil,
|Goji Berry, |
Eye Cream Buying Guide
What is an Eye Cream?
When it comes to choosing the right eye cream, there are things that you need to look for and ask yourself that will make the process much easier for you. With the sheer volume of eye creams available, it can feel overwhelming to try and decide which ones work, which are worth the money and which you should pass on.
Considerations for Choosing
This buyer’s guide will help end that struggle and give you the answers you need. Consider the following points before you purchase an eye cream.
- Are you familiar with the ingredients that will help your eye concerns? – You want to choose an eye cream that addresses your specific eye concerns and problems. Check out the ingredient list of any eye cream you are considering. Certain ingredients are designed to address certain problems. For example, Vitamins A, E and C protect your skin from free radicals, Retinol is responsible for firming the skin and fighting wrinkles and sunscreens protect the skin from sun damage that can cause premature aging and wrinkles.
- What is the Budget? – Eye creams are available in all kinds of price points so finding a good one that fits your budget will not be impossible. The top roasted eye creams we have reviewed are midrange price that are worth every penny. There are many different price points available when it comes to eye creams. If you want to look for the least expensive you can find, chances are it may not have the same quality and results that a more expensive one will have. You get what you pay for is very true in this regard.
- Have you used retinol before? – If you are not used to using retinol, make certain that you introduce it slowly. Retinol is the ingredient that is used to fight wrinkles around the eyes but it can also dry and irritate the skin if you are not accustomed to it. If the eye cream you purchase has retinol, start with using it every other day to avoid irritation.
- Will you put make up on after the eye cream? – If the eye cream you purchase is very rich, eye makeup can slip and not stay on well at all. The best time to put on eye cream is at night after you take your make up off for the day.
- Do you tend to get milia? – When dead skin cells become trapped in a clump beneath the surface, this is called milia. Some thick eye creams can cause milia for some. If you notice that you are prone to these breakouts, look for an eye cream that isn’t as thick or creamy.
Types of Eye Cream
There are several different types of eye creams on the market. Each have their special features and benefits that they provide. We’ve outlined each below so you can tell the difference when you begin shopping.
- Organic eye cream – Many eye creams are made from man made products but the trend has been turning to organic products for some time now. Organic products have natural ingredients and are a lot more environmentally friendly. The products are much better on the skin. The only drawback to the organic eye creams is that they don’t last as long as the man made varieties and should be replaced more often.
- Moisturizing eye cream – These are suited for the consumer that is dealing with a lot of sun damage, who have dark circles or puffy bags under their eyes or who are dealing with dry skin. A good moisturizing eye cream will help even out skin tone and gets rid of discoloration and blotchiness. A drawback to moisturizing eye cream is that is can be very oily which can cause different problems to crop up.
- Firming eye cream – If you notice very thin skin around the eyes a firming eye cream can help take care of this problem. The formulas used in firming eye cream are designed to strengthen blood vessels and skin cells a long with thickening the thin, fragile skin underneath the eyes. This type of eye cream should be used in tiny amounts due to the thickness of it. A good quality firming cream can be used on other parts of the body as well, including the hands.
Qualities to Look for in Eye Creams
When you begin shopping for eye creams, there are several things you should look for. Include these in your list and you will have an eye cream that you will love using and that will show excellent results as well.
- Non-comodegenic – when the eye cream states that it is non-comodegenic it is not prone to causing acne or clogging pores.
- Allergy tested – many creams are allergy tested so they can be labeled free of certain allergens. If your eye cream states it has been allergy tested, this means that those with many allergies may be able to use it with no adverse effects.
- Dermatologist tested – This is much like allergy tested and means the eye cream has been tested and verified by dermatologists.
- Contains ingredients that don’t irritate and burn your eyes – Ingredients such as fragrances, alcohol and some plant extracts and oils may cause the eye to become irritated. A good quality eye cream will never burn or sting your eyes.
- Moisturizers that are good quality –Good quality moisturizers are not just for aging skin, younger skin can benefit from it as well. Some oil-free moisturizers contain glycerin and hyaluronic acid. These will help moisturize the skin without any undue oil or heaviness. If you have fine lines and crow’s feet, a thicker more emollient eye cream will work wonders.
- Contains Ingredients that Benefit Eyes – Ingredients such as niacinamide, caffeine, and retinol all benefit the puffy, wrinkle prone and circle prone eye area.
- NON-see through bottles – Light, air and temperature exposure can leach the nutrients right out your eye cream. You want to look for eye creams that are packages in bottles that block the air and light which will preserve their effectiveness. Tube and pump bottles are better than jars because you won’t be touching the cream constantly and exposing it to bacteria.
- Contains sunscreen – Eye creams that have sunscreen can help protect the delicate eye area from being damaged by the sun’s harsh rays. If you can’t find an eye cream that has sunscreen in it, you can always add some sunscreen after you put on your eye cream.
When you are sorting through all of the available eye creams, there are many things you want to look for including the correct ingredients to help address the eye issues you have (wrinkles, crow’s feet, thin skin, dark circles, etc). Once you know what you are looking to fix and the ingredients that fix those problems, sorting through the choices on the market become much easier.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a good eye cream. There are many reputable ones that are middle range in price and that work perfectly well. The top rated choices that we have reviewed here take care of all kinds of eye issues and improve the look and condition of the sensitive and delicate skin around the eye.
You are armed with the information that will enable you to research the different types of eye creams, sort through all of the choices and then narrow those choices down so you can choose the one eye cream that will be perfect for your needs.
No one wants to look older than their age and they certainly don’t want to age prematurely. A good quality eye cream will help prevent premature aging and will even repair the damage that has already been done. While creams won’t completely erase fine lines and wrinkles, it can definitely improve them significantly and give you a youthful, re-energized glow.