We spent 60 days researching and testing 20 different kinds of hair growth supplements and found that effectiveness, potential side effects, and longevity of results were most important. Hair Rush Maxx Hair Growth by Ultrax Labs scored high marks in all categories making it our top pick. There are 20 essential vitamins and minerals in this product that helps correct hair loss and encourages good hair growth from the inside out. It is safe for men and women and contains no side effects. We noticed improvement in growth and the health of the hair after 30 days and it continued to get better the second month.
Men and women can have mild to severe hair loss for a number of reasons. These reasons include stress, genetics, illness, medications and chemotherapy. Hair loss often causes people to feel extremely self conscious. It can have a significant effect on your self esteem as well.
There are hundreds, if not thousands of hair growth products on the market. While there are some excellent ones, you must be careful not to get taken in by the ones that are not reputable. Careful research can reduce the chances of you choosing a product that does not do what it claims and wasting your money.
The purpose of the reviews below and the buyer’s guide following them is to help you understand the differences in the different hair growth supplements, as well as educating you on how to avoid the scams. Knowing what to look for will save you a lot of unnecessary stress as well as saving money and time.
Top 10 Hair Growth Supplements
|5||Sports Research||120||Coconut Oil|
When someone has suffered from thinning hair and hair loss, all they want is to find a product that will really work to help them grow hair back. With so many products on the market, it can be difficult to find the reputable products that do what they claim.
All three of the top rated hair growth supplements reviewed above is made by companies that stand by their products with satisfaction guarantees. They all use vitamins, herbs and minerals to achieve the results you’re looking for. Any one of these products is a good choice for you if you want to prevent any further hair loss and grow new hair.
Continue reading the buyer’s guide below to learn even more about choosing the perfect hair growth supplement for your needs. The information in this guide will help you narrow down the choices and assess what your personal needs are. Then you can choose the one that fits your needs the best.
Hair Growth Supplement Comparison Chart
|2||1 / 2||2||1||1||2||2||2||2||2|
Hair Growth Supplement Buying Guide
Things to Ask Yourself
There are a few things you need to think about when you are looking at different types of hair growth supplements. We’ve listed a few of the important questions to ask before purchasing anything.
- Is the product effective? – The biggest concern that people have when it comes to a product like hair supplements is whether they will work or not. No one wants to get their hopes up and spend their money only to find out that the product doesn’t work. There are products that don’t work and we will help you avoid those and concentrate on the products that are proven to work.
- How much does it cost? – There are some hair growth systems that are tremendously expensive. The myth is that paying more automatically means better quality. Unfortunately, that is often not the case. It is better to really look at the other aspects of what the product has and compare those things as well. It is true that higher quality products do typically come with a higher price tag but you shouldn’t make your decision based solely on the price alone.
- Is the company transparent to its consumers? – There are some companies out there that are just in the hair growth industry because of the high interest and need from consumers. For you to be able to separate the good from the bad you must be able to easily find information on products, tests that were run, results, etc. If you can’t find anything on a particular company, see that as a warning signal.
Make sure of these three things
There are several things you want to ensure about the product you are buying and the company you are purchasing from. There are other factors to look at of course, but make sure that these three important points are checked off.
- Third Party Monitoring – Some companies hire people to keep track of the company’s reputation and satisfaction levels. One of the biggest and most important assets a company has is their reputation, especially within the health and beauty industry. Look for top companies that have excellent, long standing reputations and that have independent third party monitoring which will show their dedication to customer satisfaction.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – If a company offers a solid, generous money back guarantee, they are showing that they stand behind their product. You can tell the difference between a guarantee that is just being offered for appearances and one that sincerely believes in their product and wants to offer their customers peace of mind that they are ordering a worthwhile product that will work for them.
- Third Party Testing – This is different than third party monitoring. Third party testing has to do specifically with the products the company sells. Testing from a third party verifies and “proves” the claims of the product and shows the results that consumers got when using the product. It can be extremely expensive to do these tests, as there is always the risk that a whole shipment could be bad but that is the risk a reputable company takes when offering products. Without this important testing, there is no way of knowing whether the product is actually good or not.
- Why Free Trials are Bad – A free trial is designed to get people to try a product. The problem with free trials is that they are very difficult to cancel and many people have gotten charged high amounts even though they tried to cancel. Free trial products also tend to be extremely expensive once the trial is over. Since the good companies have guarantees, you are much better off purchasing the product outright that you are interested in and getting a refund if you are not happy. Just make sure they have that satisfaction guarantee in place.
- Stay Clear of Automatic Billing – Many companies want consumers to set up subscriptions where they get billed automatically each month. This is a mainstay of free trial offers. These are also very difficult to cancel so be certain that you know what you’re signing up for. In many cases, the company offering the free trial will add on other trials to partnering companies. If you don’t pay attention you can actually get charged by multiple companies and not even know what the other charges are for. Even though it may be annoying, read all the fine print so you know exactly what to expect and what to do to cancel.
- If it Sounds too Good to Be True – Beware of products that claim outlandish results. It takes awhile for problems like hair loss and hair growth to correct. If the company is stating that you will see significant hair growth in a matter of days, chances are, this is a false claim. In these cases use the old adage if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
- Look for Quality Ingredients – The majority of companies will list out all of the ingredients that are in their products. When you’re researching hair growth products be sure that the ingredients in the product have actually been tested and proven to regrow hair. There are many companies that will simply list insignificant ingredients that may not be harmful but that have little to nothing to do with hair growth or reversing hair loss.
Finding products that will truly regrow hair is a goal of many people who suffer from hair loss or thinning hair. With the thousands of hair growth products on the market, things can feel overwhelming very fast. That is why it is important to understand what you need to look for when researching hair growth products.
This is best done by having a solid sense of what your specific needs are and what needs to be corrected so your hair can start growing in and you can have the beautiful hair you’ve always wanted. It won’t happen overnight or even in a week, so steer clear of the companies that promise it, but it will happen with diligent use.