Hair Loss Shampoo Comparison
Pure Body Naturals
|Ketoconazole||Argan Oil||Argan Oil||Argan Oil||Caffeine,|
|Tea Tree |
|Prevents||Hair Loss||Dandruff, |
|Hair Loss||Dandruff, |
|Hair Loss||Dandruff, |
Hair Loss Shampoo Buying Guide
Causes of Hair Loss
For both men and women, there are different things that can cause the hair to start falling out or thinning. There are several different categories that these causes fall into. We’ve listed them below.
- Hormonal – One of the most common reasons for hair loss can be linked to hormonal conditions. Whether it is male or female pattern baldness, which is also called androgenetic alopecia, the hair loss is triggered by changing hormones. Hair thinning and loss is genetic to some extent, especially if the cause is hormonal rather than situational. Pregnancy and the beginnings of menopause can also cause hair loss.
- Medical – There are several medical conditions that can cause hair loss and shedding. The hair loss can be a side effect or a result of a medical condition. One such medical condition is alopecia areata. This is a disease that causes your body’s immune system to attack the body. It attacks the hair follicles and cause large, smooth patches of hair to fall out.
Another medical condition that causes hair loss is called telogen effluvium which is a condition that causes large numbers of hair follicles to shut down in hibernation mode, resulting in hair loss and a lack of hair regrowth. Other medical conditions that can cause hair loss include thyroid problems, skin infections and others. In most of the medical causes, once the underlying problem is fixed, hair growth can resume.
- Medications – Some medications can cause hair loss as a side effect. Chemotherapy is a well known treatment that causes hair loss. In addition, the medicine used to treat high blood pressure, depression and some heart issue medications can cause hair loss too.
- Other potential causes – In addition to the causes we have covered above there are many other situations that can cause hair loss. Things like emotional or physical shock like sudden and extreme weight loss or severe stress or trauma can cause the hair to thin and/or fall out. Some hair styles can cause thinning or hair fall too so be careful of tight styles that put a lot of stress on the hair.
Treating and Correcting Hair Loss
More than likely you have already loss some hair and you’re looking for a way to prevent any more from coming out. Some hair shedding is normal, but the normal kind of shedding doesn’t result in thinning. Follow the steps we’ve outlined below to slow down or prevent anymore hair loss.
- Look for hair loss shampoos with organic ingredients. The synthetic ingredients are usually full of chemicals and can cause more hair loss.
- Look for ingredients that encourage circulation like cayenne and other similar products. You want to see in the ingredient list things that will get the blood flowing up to the scalp.
- Saw Palmetto is one of the best natural DHT blockers you can get. If you find a product that contains this valuable supplement, that will benefit you quite a bit in your battle against moiré hair loss.
Choosing a Good Hair Loss Shampoo
Properties you want to look for
- DHT blockers – Preventing DHT production is a big step in helping to eliminate the hair loss you have and are experiencing. A DHT blocker works by restricting and inhibiting the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT, The ingredients that are DHT blockers include:
- Ketocoanazole (called Nizoral) – This anti-fungal ingredient is most often used in treating dandruff.
- All Natural Ingredients – Look for hair loss shampoos that include vitamins and minerals like Green Tea, Emu Oil, Nettles, Saw Palmetto and others that help to block DHT naturally.
- Circulation Improvers – Bad circulation can be a culprit in hair loss and the lack of regrowth. Improve the circulation of your scalp and you will awaken the hair that has fallen into a dormant stage. Below are a couple of ingredients that are known for their circulation properties.
- Ginkgo biloba – This plant is used in regular medicine to improve your circulation. There have been some studies that are indicating it could be good for hair loss.
- Caffeine – Caffeine has another use when it comes to hair loss. Not only does it block DHT it is also used as a way to increase the blood circulation so it reaches the scalp.
- Argan Oil – This valuable and beneficial oil stops the hair follicle from shrinking. It also keeps the hair you have strong and resilient. Argan oil also encourages the hair to grow back.
- More Volume in the Hair – While your hair is growing back, there are some hair loss shampoos that have ingredients in them that will add volume to the hair. These ingredients, such as protein extracts from different sources, will help plump up the hair and make it look fuller while the hair is growing back.
Avoid These Ingredients
- If the shampoos you are considering have harsh chemicals and detergents in them such as sulfate based ingredients, you want to avoid them. They can cause more hair loss.
- If you use products with glycerol in them can weigh hair down and make it look limp and flat. If your hair is already thin, this will make it look even thinner.
- Parabens are harmful ingredients that you want to avoid whenever possible. It has estrogens in it that are harmful and that cause hair loss. Parabens are used in many products as a preservative and should be avoided as often as possible.
- Lauryl sulfate is another ingredient that should be avoided due to the damage it causes to the hair. It is usually used in products that are designed to plump up the hair and make it look fuller, but in actuality hair loss can result from using it.
Treating hair loss can be a frustrating and patience testing process. Many people want to see results right away but if a product claims to have hair growth results in a few days, you don’t even want to bother because that is not a true statement a product can make.
Hair loss reversal and hair growth take time. You should plan on using a product 60-90 days before you expect to see any results that are obviously noticeable.
With all of the different causes of hair loss out there, you may feel like you are just guessing as to why your hair is falling out. Many of the reasons that hair loss occurs can be treated, especially in women, so even if you are experiencing hair loss right now, take heart that it will be able to be fixed.
Finding a high quality hair loss shampoo is one of the first steps that you want to take to reverse a hair loss problem. The top rated hair loss shampoos reviewed here are all excellent products to consider with high customer satisfaction rates and good results histories.
The information in the buyer’s guide is designed to help you sort through all of the choices so you can make an informed decision and choose a hair loss shampoo that you will be pleased with.