Iron Supplements Review
The best Iron supplement is time-released so it spreads out the amount of iron you get at one time. It is much gentler on your system this way. Our pick, Ferro-Sequels High Potency Iron Supplement, is a supplement that provides you with the iron you need in a slow, steady way that is easy on the stomach and systems.
Introduction to the Ice Melts
One of the most common nutritional deficiencies in the world is anemia caused by not enough iron. When the red blood cell count is below normal or when the red blood cells lack hemoglobin you end up with anemia. This can cause dizziness, irritability, pale skin and even an irregular heartbeat. The best way to treat this form of anemia is through the use of iron supplements.
One of the most common deficiencies that people have is iron deficiency. It has been reported that more than 2 billion people all over the world are iron deficient. It is very important to be careful when supplementing iron. There is a time and a place for adding additional iron to your daily routine but you need to talk to a doctor before you add it. Your iron level will need to be checked initially for deficiency and then you will need to be monitored.
To make sure that you choose the right iron supplement, there are a few things that you need to know first. This buyer’s guide will provide information about the benefits that iron can provide when taken carefully and in the right dosages.
Iron Supplement Summary
Iron is a valuable mineral that is found in your blood and is responsible for moving oxygen through your system. Having a deficiency in this area is a very common condition that afflicts millions of people all over the world.
The most common condition that is related to iron deficiency is anemia. Iron is a supplement that needs to be carefully taken and only at the recommendation of a doctor. When too much iron is taken, there can be very serious side effects.
The three iron supplements reviewed above are excellent choices if your doctor has recommended to you to add this mineral to your daily routine. ONLY take it according to the doctor’s instructions. He or she will tell you how much to add that will be safe for your particular situation.
To learn more about iron and how to choose the right supplement for your needs, read the buyer’s guide below. It has the information you need to make an informed decision that will provide for your specific preferences and iron level goals.
Iron Supplement Comparison
|Contains||Vitamin C||Folate||Folate||Folate||Calcium||Vitamin C||Magnesium||Magnesium||Magnesium||Vitamin C|
Iron Supplement Buying Guide
One of the biggest conditions that can be caused by a lack of iron is called iron deficient anemia. This happens when there is not enough iron in the red blood cells. There are many symptoms that can indicate an iron deficiency. We have listed these below.
- Difficulty concentrating on things
- Extreme tiredness
If you notice the presence of any of these symptoms make an appointment with your doctor so they can check your iron levels. If they find that you are anemic or iron deficient you will need to find a good quality iron supplement to take care of this. (If your doctors recommends this)
Benefits of Taking an Iron Supplement
There are many benefits that taking an iron supplement can provide when it is under the supervision and recommendation of a doctor. We have listed these benefits below so you can understand how powerful this mineral is and why it is so important to ensure that your iron levels are correct.
- Muscle Health – Iron is a very important element in the health of your muscles. Without the right amount of iron, your muscles can lose elasticity and tone. Muscle weakness is one of the most notable signs of iron deficiency.
- Brain Health and Function – The brain uses about 20% of the blood oxygen present. The proper amount of iron makes sure that the blood flow in the brain is correct. This ensures increased cognitive activity and helps create new neural pathways. This new neural pathways prevent disorders of the brain including Alzheimer’s and dementia. Having the right iron levels will reduce the chances of contracting these mental disorders and can help if there are symptoms already present.
- Body Temperature Regulation – Keeping your body temperature stable gives metabolic and enzymatic systems the best chance of functioning their best and at their most efficient as well. Iron is very important for regulating the body temperature.
- Restless Leg Syndrome – Most of the research that has been done on restless leg syndrome revolves around iron levels. Low levels in the blood have been linked to this condition so if you suffer from restless leg syndrome you may want to have your iron levels checked. The right amount of iron in the dosages recommended by your doctor can cure this problem.
- Fatigue – If you feel unexplainably tired often, look to your iron levels as a possible cause. Adding the recommended dosage of iron into your diet can result in more energy and better health inside and out.
- Strengthens the Immune System – Iron is a major building block in the strength of your immune system. Without the proper amount of strong red blood cells you would notice that it takes your body longer to heal from injuries and other problems as well. Iron supplements can increase those red blood cells and your immune system will be strengthened as well.
- Trouble Sleeping – if you are experiencing insomnia, adding an iron supplement can improve the habits and quality of sleep you get. The right blood cell count also results in the blood pressure fluctuating for drastically which is another reason people suffer from insomnia.
- Ability to Concentrate – Iron has been shown to help you focus and help with concentration as well. The increased flow of blood to the brain results in a boost in mental performance and cognitive development.
- Anemia in Women – Women have two significant occurrences in their lives that can deplete iron levels in the blood: menstruation and pregnancy. When you are pregnant your doctor may determine that you need to take an iron supplement to replace the red blood cells that are being used to support the baby as well.
- Carries Oxygen to the Blood – One of the most important functions that iron performs is to carry oxygen to the rest of the body. Inadequate iron levels can affect this function which can lead to various health problems. A good iron supplement ensures that there is plenty of oxygen being carried to the body systems that need it to function the best.
- Iron Deficiency Anemia – This form of anemia is caused specifically by too little iron being in the blood. This is a severe condition that can cause a lot of health problems. A good iron supplement can help reverse this condition and provide the right amount of iron for your body.
What to Look For in an Iron Supplement
When you are researching the different brands of iron supplements on the market, there are a few things you want to look for. We have listed these points below.
- Look for the Purest Form of Iron Possible – You want to find brands that are committed to not adding any fillers, pesticides, or anything but the purest form of the iron.
- Brand Reputation – There are so many different brands of iron available that it is overwhelming to try and sort through them. Look at the longevity of the company and the reviews the iron supplements from that company have gotten. This will help you narrow the choices so you can choose the one that is best for you.
- Good Value – Look for iron supplements that supply what you are looking for at a reasonable cost for the amount of pills you get. Don’t look for the cheapest supplement. In many cases, what you gain in paying a lower cost you lose in quality of product.
If care is taken to ensure that you actually need extra iron, the majority who take it respond very well to it. The best time to take iron tablets is on an empty stomach so the body absorbs the maximum amount possible.
Taking the supplement with food can actually reduce the amount of iron that is absorbed by the body and subsequently reduce the positive benefits that iron can provide. The exception to this is if you take the iron supplements with foods and drinks that contain vitamin C which helps the body absorb the iron properly.
Too much iron can be toxic so it is very important that you follow your doctor’s instructions to the letter. This is especially true for children. The doctor will tell you how much to take and how long you will need to take it.
The three iron supplements that we have recommended will definitely meet the requirements that a doctor would have for increasing the iron levels in your blood. The reputable companies that manufacture these supplements are dedicated to providing customers with high quality iron supplements that you can take to get all the benefits that the proper iron levels provide.