Top 10 Liver Cleanses
|LiverSmart||60||Milk Thistle Extract|
|Liver Rescue||120||Milk Thistle Extract|
|Liver Cleanse||60||Milk Thistle Extract|
|Sonora||90||Milk Thistle Extract|
Liver Cleanse Comparison
|Turmeric||Caper Bush||Milk Thistle||Artichoke||Beetroot||Milk Thistle|
|1 – 3||1||2||3||2||2||2||3||2||2|
Liver Cleanse Buying Guide
What is a Liver Cleanse?
You have probably heard the term a lot, liver cleanse, colon cleanse, liver detox but what is it really and what does it do for your body? Liver cleanses purify the liver of built up toxins and sludge. It can also get rid of stones that can potentially cause trouble later.
One method of liver cleansing that many try involves drinking or taking a special mixture of herbs over a period of 4 days or so. This mixture supports the regular detoxification process of the liver. On day 5 the person doing the liver cleanse is supposed to drink 6-8 ounces of olive oil to flush the liver. This is not easy on the body, nor is it very practical for those who have to work fulltime or take care of a family as it is taxing on the body and can make you feel ill while you are going through it.
Liver cleanse products are available all over the internet that help in the detoxification process and many don’t require the need for doing such drastic and sometimes hard to stomach things. Liver cleanses only need to be done a couple of times per year to keep the body free of toxins and other things that can cause the liver problems.
What you eat and drink will play a huge factor in the health of your liver overall and the effectiveness of the cleanse you do. If you fill your body with tons of unhealthy food and drink, you will not see much of an improvement even if you do a liver cleanse.
Functions of the Liver
There are many functions in the body that the liver is responsible for. For this reason, when things get sluggish or go wrong with the liver, it will affect many other functions. Below are just a few of the functions that the liver takes care of.
- Stores vitamins and cholesterol
- Maintains the balance of the body’s glucose, proteins, fat and cholesterol, your hormones and the fat soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K.
- Affects the blood’s clotting factors
- Synthesizes proteins and bile acids
- Filters poisons fro, the digestive system
- Filters amino acids, sugar and fat
- Excretes bilirubin
- Excretes many harmful substances from the body including:
- Heavy metals
- Defends the body against harmful bacteria
Because of the important functions of the liver, when it is having problems or not functioning properly, this can lead to many other problems that can affect many aspects of your health and lifestyle. There are many symptoms that will show up if your liver becomes toxic, fatty, fibrous or scarred. These symptoms include:
- Occasional unexplained headaches
- Mood swings
- Inability to lose weight
- Muscle achiness
- Muscle stiffness
- Bursts of anger
- No energy, especially in the afternoon
- Lack of clarity
- Brain fog
- Bad breath
- Body odor
- Brown sports on the skin (age spots)
- Dark urine
- Constantly itching skin
The good news is that there are things you can do to get your liver functioning again at optimum levels. Below we will discuss the benefits of doing a liver cleanse.
Benefits of Liver Cleansing
Some people may think that liver cleansing is just a way to get people to spend money, but this is far from the truth. There are many benefits to doing a liver cleanse. It’s a great way to start eating a different way and if you want to lose weight, liver cleanse can be a perfect jump start. Here are some of the most noticeable benefits.
- Weight loss – the liver produces bile which is what the digestive system uses to break down fat. If the liver isn’t breaking down fat properly, chances are you have excess weight that you can’t seem to get rid of. Detoxing your liver is the first step in fixing this problem and you will most likely notice the weight starts to drop off.
- Supports the Immune System – The liver is also responsible for reducing toxins that end up in the body. Cleansing the liver will give your immune system a boost, helping you resist colds and flu.
- Helps Prevent Liver Stones – liver stones are a product of the diets that people follow. They form due to too much cholesterol in the body. These tiny stones can block the liver and gall bladder. Some people can have as many as 200-300 liver stones affecting the liver’s ability to detox. Cleansing the liver can expel anywhere from 100-300 of these stones.
- Boosts Your Energy – Some of the byproducts that are made by the liver are nutrients that the body uses for other functions. Sometimes, because of too much toxic buildup or too many liver stones, the nutrients won’t make it to the bloodstream. The biggest sign of this happening is loss of energy. Doing a liver cleanse will help the body get all of its nutrients, and you will feel like a new person energy-wise.
- Vitality Increases – Cleansing the liver restores it to peak efficiency. When you get rid of the toxic buildup of your liver, your skin will look healthier and brighter. In addition, with the increased production of bile the fat will be broken down easier and faster so your body will tone up easier and you could even end up looking and feeling a lot younger than your age.
In addition to the products reviewed here to do the liver cleanse, there are foods you can continue to eat and add to your diet that will help keep your liver from clogging back up. We’ve made a list of those foods that are good for you to add to your regular diet.
- Green tea
- Leafy green vegetables – raw, juiced or cooked – dandelion, spinach, mustard greens, arugula
- Cold pressed olive, Kemp and flax-seed oils
- Alternative grains – quinoa, millet and buckwheat
- Cruciferous Vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower
- Lemons and Limes
- Cabbage – sauerkraut, coleslaw
There are many ways to get these foods into your daily diet and they are foods that many of you may already like and be eating. Continuing to eat the above foods after you do a liver cleanse will keep the liver working better and not allow it get bogged down so quickly.
If you have specific health conditions, you should not do a liver cleanse without a doctor’s assistance and monitoring. Some people can be much more vulnerable to the hazards that a liver cleanse can cause. It’s because of this that you should check with a doctor before you get started with the liver cleanse. People with the following conditions should exercise extreme caution.
- Heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease or liver disease
- Chrohn’s disease, colon cancer
- Children and Senior Citizens should not do liver cleanses without prior doctor permission
With all of the liver cleanse products on the market, it may feel really overwhelming to try and figure out which product is the best one to use. The three top rated liver cleanse products here contain the ingredients needed to help rid your liver of the toxins that are negatively affecting it.
Taking the right liver cleanse product and then continuing to eat better foods that also support liver health can make a big difference in your overall health. It can even turn the clock back a bit and you will look and feel different.
You need to be careful when doing a liver cleanse, that you don’t tax your body and that you talk to your doctor before you get started. If you have any of the symptoms of a toxic or fatty liver that we listed above, talk to the doctor and see what they recommend. These products provide the ability to help the liver get rid of the toxins slowing it down and that means those symptoms that are affecting you will start to go away.
Beware of over doing it and combining the liver cleanse product here with a more extreme fasting program. You could strain your body too much and end up defeating the good you want to do. Liver cleanses are excellent ways of getting the body back on track, but you do need to use care and common sense to get the maximum benefits.