One of the best products on the market for correcting posture problems is the posture corrector. It certainly doesn’t look like it would do much, but these amazing products are responsible for helping people straighten out their posture in a simple, easy way.
There are several things that you should look for and know when it comes to choosing the right corrector. Start off with knowing what your specific needs are so you match your needs with the posture corrector.
Top 10 Posture Correctors
|Picture||Posture Corrector||Sizes Available||Materials||Other Features|
|RiptGear||One Size to ﬁt any Body |
Frame between 28" and 48”
|Posturific||X-Small, Small, Medium, |
Large, X-Large, XX-Large
|Stretchy Elastic||30 Day Size Exchange|
|Oppo||X-Small, Small, Medium, |
Large, X-Large, XX-Large,
|60% Polyester, |
and 20% Rubber
|Sizes runs a Little Small|
|Neoprene with Elastic||Fully Adjustable|
|Stealth||Small, Medium, Large||90% Polyester, |
|GlamyKings||One Size to ﬁt any Body |
Frame between 28" and 48”
|Elastic and Velcro Straps||Fully Adjustable|
|Posture Medic||X-Small, Small, Medium, |
|Rubber Tubing||Lifetime Limited Warranty|
|Yumb||For Women and Men with|
the Chest Sizes from 28”- 48”
|Cushioned Spine |
for Added Comfort
|100% Satisfaction Guarantee|
|Babo Care||Regular, Large||Breathable Material |
|12 Month Money
Posture Corrector Buying Guide
What is a Posture Corrector?
A posture corrector is a brace that offers support for the shoulders and back. Most posture correctors are worn underneath your clothes and are made from a variety of materials including latex, neoprene, spandex or something similar. Depending on the model of posture corrector, they will range in the amount of support they provide.
Things to Consider when Purchasing a Posture Corrector
There are several things that you should take into consideration when purchasing and wearing a posture corrector. If they don’t fit well or you are using them incorrectly they can cause more problems than they fit as well as causing a lot of discomfort. Keep these following points in mind:
- Make sure your movement is unrestricted – If your range of motion is limited or hindered additional problems can arise. Make sure that the posture corrector you wear doesn’t restrict your movement at all and doesn’t pinch or cut into the skin anywhere, especially under the arms.
- Don’t purchase a brace on your own – It is important not to self-diagnose. If you feel a posture corrector would help you, talk to your doctor and decide on the best model, level of support and how often you will need to wear it.
- Continue to strengthen your back muscles – Braces can keep you in a specific position while you are wearing them. For this reason, you should not over-wear them or rely on them too much or you could find yourself avoiding doing back exercises and just relying on the brace to do the work for you. Make sure that you do regular back strengthening exercises to improve your body’s posture naturally as well as wearing the posture corrector.
- Lift Properly – Picking things up is the quickest way to injure your back and/or shoulders. When wearing a posture corrector, your lifting can be affected. Consult a professional on how to lift and exercise with the brace on properly. If that can’t be achieved you should not wear the corrector while in the gym.
- Be extra cautious when pregnant – Most of the correctors are mainly located in the middle of the upper back so there is no pressure on the stomach area. You have to make sure that there is no danger to your baby so check with your OB Doctor before you wear a posture corrector while pregnant.
Types of Posture Correctors
There are many different styles, brands, and shapes of posture correctors available to choose from. Despite all these styles, there are three basic categories that they will fall into.
- Standard Posture Corrector – Standard correctors look a lot like vests and are worn over the user’s shoulders. The way they work is by forcing the chest out, applying pressure on the middle of your back, straightening the spine, and retracting the shoulders. It sounds uncomfortable but the best supporters can be worn easily with no restricted movement at all. Standard supporters are bulkier than other styles.
- Support Band Correctors – this type of posture corrector has also been called a posture bra or straps. The bands have the same objective as the standard supports. Bands are most often targeted to women consumers that are suffering from pain and posture related issues that are bust-related. Posture bras are worn lower than the regular correctors and support the lumbar spine. They provide support whenever the user is lifting and discourages the wearer from hunching over. Depending on the brand, the posture bra may have front closures or separate cups.
- Support T Shirts – A posture T-shirt does exactly what the name indicates; it helps provide overall support in the form of an elastic shirt. Extra pieces of cloth and elastic bands can be added to provide pressure to certain muscle groups. Posture shirts are designed to replace regular clothing and come in a variety of colors.
There are three main types of materials that are used when making posture correctors:
- Rubber – Rubber is very durable and not very expensive, making it a popular choice for posture correctors. The drawback to using rubber products is the unpleasant odor that seems to be prevalent.
- Cotton – Cotton is very easy to maintain and is very comfortable to boot. It doesn’t stretch very much and it absorbs sweat which makes it a bad choice for sports activities.
- Latex/Spandex/Lycra – This durable material is easier to maintain than rubber. The problem with latex is that many people have latex allergies that can prevent them from being able to use the latex-based products.
Important Features of Posture Correctors
There are several things that you will want to look at when researching and shopping for the right posture corrector. These features will ensure that you purchase the best quality posture supporter for your specific needs.
- Durability – You want the posture corrector you purchase to be able to withstand heavy use so looking for durability in a product is very important. The quality of the stitching, the design, and other construction details should be examined carefully. Look for warranties and customer reviews and comments to ensure that the quality of these things is up to par.
- Comfort – Users have to wear posture correctors for extended periods of time for the most part. For this reason, comfort is very important. Look for correctors that have elastic panels, adjustable straps and liners when possible. You also want to ensure that the product doesn’t cause chafing or discomfort.
- Maintenance – Users spend a lot of time wearing their posture correctors so you will want to find one that can be easily cleaned since it will pick up a lot of sweat and dirt while you are wearing it. Look for machine friendly products or ones that come part easily for easy and thorough cleaning. Braces that need a lot of maintenance are usually not very desirable.
- Styles/Colors – Style and color is not paramount in the selection process but if you are going to be wearing your posture supporter for any length of time, you want it to be something you like. Ideally, the supporter will not be visible underneath your clothes or have a sleep look that can pass for a sportsman product rather than a medical device.
We have provided you with ten different top rated posture correctors that are popular with consumers above. In addition, we have reviews the top four that scored above the rest with consumers for wear- ability, durability, style, ease of use, and effectiveness.
The purpose of this buying guide and the reviews we have provided is to give you the knowledge you need to understand these effective products and know how to compare one to another to see which the better product is.
Knowledge is critical in purchasing the right posture corrector so you don’t waste your money on one that won’t fit or do what it claims to do. If you are looking for posture correction that is reliable, comfortable, and affordable, one of the top four posture correctors are perfect to check into further to see if you like one of them.
The right posture corrector provides support and correction for a number of problems like slouching, rounded shoulders, recovery from injuries and many others. You want to ensure that you choose the corrector that will be comfortable to wear for long periods of time and that will last a long time with the proper care.
Posturificbrace – http://www.posturificbrace.com/
Flexguard – https://www.flexguardsupport.com/