We spent 35 hours researching and testing more than 15 different types of toiletry bags and found that style, available space, and durability were the most important factors for consumers who were shopping for toiletry bags. Easy Organization Travel Toiletry Bag scored high marks in all categories and is our overall top pick. The toiletry bag or Dopp kit as it is also called, has three compartments that are big enough to hold razors, makeup, shaving cream and anything else you want to bring with you when you travel. This bag is also 100% waterproof so you won’t have to worry about the bag or your belongings getting wet.
Toiletry Bag Comparison
Toiletry Bag Buying Guide
Why you should purchase a toiletry bag?
There are several great reasons to get a toiletry bag. We have listed these reasons below to help you decide, if you are on the fence about whether you need one or not.
- Better Organization – Being organized will make your travels more enjoyable, simpler, and a lot less stressful. You won’t have to search for things, open your suitcase to messy spills, or figure out where to put your toiletries in your regular suitcase that won’t take up too much space. A quality toiletry bag will feature plenty of pockets so you can organize your belongings in a way that works well for you.
- Avoids Spills and Stains – having all of your hygiene items in your toiletry bag will prevent spills from getting all over your clothing and ruining or staining it. Accidents happen and sometimes a shampoo bottle will open or a makeup compact will break and the contents will end up all over your clothes. This can potentially ruin these items of clothing. A well designed, waterproof and leak proof toiletry bag will protect your clothing in the event something like this happens. Make sure that the bag you choose is both waterproof and leak proof and that the zippers are strong and sturdy.
- Makes Packing Easier – Some people leave toiletries in the bag that are just for trips. Whether you do that or you pack it each time you travel a quality toiletry bag will make packing up those bathroom items easy and efficient.
What to Look for When Purchasing a toiletry Bag
If you have decided to purchase a toiletry bag there are some things you will want to make sure of. We have listed the things to look for when you are browsing for a bag that will fit all your needs and preferences. There’s no ONE perfect bag for everyone but with all the choices available, you are sure to find what you are looking for.
- Well-constructed and Durable – When you spend your money on a product you want to know it is going to last. Durability is an important feature to look for so you are not wasting your money. The construction of the toiletry bag is what will determine how durable it is and how long the bag will last. Look for bags that are made from strong materials including canvas, nylon, and leather. The stitching should be strong and tight and any zippers, snaps, and hooks used for the bag should be heavy duty and premium quality. Choosing a bag that has been well-made will ensure that you have a bag that will handle the items you want to put in it without ripping, tearing, or breaking.
- Strong, premium zippers – The quality of the zippers on a toiletry bag is very important because if the zippers break, the bag is pretty much useless in terms of protecting your clothing and the items in the bag. There are many different types of zippers that are used for bags of this nature so you want to look for those that are described as heavy duty. Check the customer comments to get some more information on the zippers and to find out if anyone is having issues with those closures.
- Quality mesh pockets – The mesh pockets that a toiletry bag features are designed to hold various hygiene items. Look for bags that feature heavy duty mesh that is designed to resist ripping and tearing.
- Easy to clean lining – Toiletry bags are going to have spills inside. Even when you try to be as careful as you can, accidents can happen and bottles can come open or break. Once an accident like this happens you want to be able to clean the inside of the bag easily. Waterproof linings are easier to clean than regular fabric.
- Lots of organizational features and space – If your toiletry bag doesn’t have much space it won’t do you much good. Look for bags that have a lot of pockets and places to organize your belongings. Not only will it be easier to find your items without digging through the bag (a dangerous thing to do if you have shaving supplies in the bag), it will keep them safer during transport.
- Value for the Price – Cheap is not the goal when it comes to choosing a toiletry bag but value for the money IS. When you choose an item because it is cheap you are likely to be disappointed with the quality and will have to purchase another bag soon. Purchasing a toiletry bag online is a great way to get a great deal on a premium quality bag. Brand names run specials all the time so this is a great way to find the value you are looking for.
- Style – There are tons of different styles on the market to choose from so finding one that has the style and/or color you like will be the easiest problem to solve. What will be harder is trying to decide which style and color you want from all of the choices available. The styles on the market range from sleek and masculine to fun and playful. Choose a toiletry bag that has the features you want first and foremost and the style or color you want second.
- Hanging Hook – Many toiletry bags offer hooks at the top of the bag or placed in a well-designed place so you can hang the bag in the bathroom or on the closet bar in the hotel. These hooks allow you to save valuable counter space while still keeping all your toiletries at your fingertips.
- Built-in Mirror – Some toiletry bags offer built-in mirrors that come in handy if you need quick touchups. This is especially helpful if you are camping and do not have access to big mirrors.
- Positive customer comments – One of the best ways you can find out inside information about any toiletry bags you are considering is to read comments from customers that have purchased the bag you are interested in and are using it on their own travels. More than likely, based on the majority of comments that customers make when reviewing a product you will be able to find out how durable the bag is, if it is really waterproof, how easy it is to clean, how much space it actually has, how durable the zippers are and other important pieces of information.
Toiletry bags are very handy for professionals who travel a lot of for those who take occasional pleasure trips and vacations. Whatever you are doing, the right toiletry bag can make it much easier to keep track of all your bathroom supplies and allow you to have them close by and organized very easily.
With all of the choices on the market it is important to have the right knowledge so you can sort through those choices efficiently, check out their features, and find the bag that is right for your specific travel needs.
The information in this buying guide has done just that. Now that you know the benefits of a toiletry bag and the features to look for you can make a confident decision without wondering if you are getting a quality product or not.
All three of the top-rated toiletry bags we have featured above are high quality bags that are popular with consumers that travel a lot and like to stay organized while protecting their clothing from spills and stains. Any one of these featured bags will be a great asset to your travel luggage and will take one thing of the stress list when it comes to packing. Many people keep their toiletry bags filled with items they will only use when traveling to make it even easier to pack.