Top 10 Vitamins for Adults
|Vitamins for Adults||Quantity||Form|
|Nature’s Plus||180 ct||Tablets|
|Centrum Silver||220 ct||Tablets|
|Dr. Tobias||90 ct||Tablets|
|Vitafusion MultiVites||150 ct||Gummies|
|Kirkland Signature||400 ct||Tablets|
|Nature's Way||180 ct||Tablets|
|Nordic Naturals||200 ct||Gummies|
|Tropical Oasis||30 ml||Liquid|
|Nature Made||275 ct||Gummies|
Vitamins for Adults Buying Guide
Reasons Adults Need a Multivitamin
There are many reasons that adults decide to take a vitamin supplement. These reasons will vary from person to person. Men and women have different dietary needs and a vitamin supplement can help you get whatever nutrients you need. There are many different formulas out there from generalized adult vitamins to vitamins that are specific to men’s and women’s needs. This guide is designed to help you decide which ones are the right ones for your needs.
- Women who are still able to have children need vitamins that contain iron to help with replenishing the iron lost during menstruation each month. You also want to take additional amounts of folic acid which will help reduce birth defects.
- Men need additional zinc and selenium that will help support healthy sperm function. Men do not need iron the way women do so you will not find iron in men specific formulas.
- Pregnancy is another important time for a woman to take vitamin supplements. There are many pregnancy vitamins on the market that help the growing baby with extra calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- Menopause causes changes in a woman’s body and can cause deficiencies so this is another time that vitamins can help. Bone health is very important during this time, so nutrients like calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, B12 and zinc are all excellent nutrients to get additional amounts of. Formulas for seniors are an excellent choice for a woman going through menopause.
Researching Vitamin Choices
There is a lot of variation in the quality of vitamins on the market. Brand name recognition can mean a lot when it comes to making a choice. Reputable companies have good customer service centers that can help you with any questions you might have. In addition, look for companies that have put their vitamin and mineral supplements through testing.
This testing ensures that the listed nutrients do not contain anything that is harmful and that they were manufactured using procedures that focus on sanitary and safe practices. Vitamins that have that USP verification can be additional reassurance of good quality.
Read Your Labels
When looking at the labels for vitamins that you are researching and thinking of taking, look for the following things:
- Make sure that the nutrients listed on the bottle are listed with correct amounts
- That there are the essential vitamins that are needed included in the supplements
- That there are no unwanted elements like flavors, sugar, colorings, etc.
Essential Vitamins and Minerals
When you are looking for the right vitamin supplement, you want to make sure that there are certain nutrients in there that every adult needs. We have listed the required nutrients below that are important for your health.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
- Beta carotene
You want to ensure that the supplements contain 100% of the RDA for each nutrient. This will be listed on the label as well so you can see where that particular brand falls in the lineup. The only exceptions to this rule will be calcium and magnesium since for them to have the RDA included would make them way too bulky and large.
Different Forms of Vitamins for Adults
There are several forms that vitamins come in:
There is not really a difference between all the different forms and deciding which form to use is personal preference. The body uses vitamins and minerals to help the body achieve its best health. They can also help regulate hormones. Although you can get many of your nutrients from food, vitamins for adults will help you supplement what you are not able to get.
Vitamins are a great way for the body to get the nutrients it needs without solely relying on the food you eat. If there is any doubt in your mind as to whether you are consuming the nutrients you need in your foods, then taking a vitamin supplement would be a good idea.
The information in this buyer’s guide is designed to help you know exactly what to look for and what to avoid when it comes to vitamins. There are so many on the market that it is easy to choose the wrong kind that won’t provide what you need.
If you are unsure about the right vitamin formula for your needs, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor or a nutritionist who can help you decide on the right formula for your needs. Knowing which nutrients you are deficient isn’t always possible so taking a good multivitamin for adults is a great way to get the added nutrients you might be missing without having to go through a lot of testing and blood work.
- Centrum – http://www.centrum.com/
- SmartyPants – https://smartypantsvitamins.com/
- Natures Plus – https://www.naturesplus.com/products/