We looked at 20 of the most popular volumizing shampoos for ingredients, net wt, all natural vitamins and oils, results, scent, cost, and customer feedback and opinion. The three choices we have featured below are the best of the best in all the categories we looked at. Any one of them is perfect for adding life and bounce to lifeless, fine hair.
Introduction to the Volumizing Shampoos
Many people have thin or fine hair that they would want to look thicker. Thick hair is associated with healthy, attractive hair so anyone that doesn’t have thick hair normally is looking for something to remedy this situation. This is where a good quality volumizing shampoo can be the answer you’ve been looking for.
There are hundreds of volumizing shampoos on the market. Almost every shampoo manufacturer has a volumizing version in their shampoo line up. The challenge is choosing the right one for your needs that will provide the results you are looking for.
There are some more drastic measures to increase the volume of your hair such as hair restoration; this is a costly option that not everyone can afford to do. A good volumizing shampoo is a much more economical answer.
There are a few things that you will want to look for and consider when you are researching different volumizing shampoos. This guide will help you navigate the research process and make it easier for you to sort through all of the choices to select the right one for your hair type and goals.
Top Ranked Volumizing Shampoos
Organic Daily Argan Oil Volumizing Shampoo
Argan oil is a popular ingredient that has many appealing benefits to all hair types. This Organic Daily Argan Oil Volumizing Shampoo raises the bar when it comes to quality.
This sulfate free shampoo is also paraben free and contains 100% all natural ingredients.
There are many ingredients in this product that will make your hair appear fuller while restoring and repairing any damage it might have.
It is full of essential oils that penetrate deep into the scalp to provide nutrition and nourishment. Other ingredients include Vitamin E and B Complex. This delicate shampoo gives hair new life and bounce.
Each bottle is packed with several different oils and ingredients including avocado, almond, jojoba, and peach oils which give it a wonderful scent as well. Users can expect a reduction in dryness and frizz and hair that looks beautiful, shiny, full and healthy.
The packaging this popular shampoo comes in is made from 100% recyclable materials and the ingredients are safe for vegans to use. It is also cruelty free and is never tested on animals. Change how you feel about your hair with a product that improves the hair’s condition from the inside out.
Avalon Organics Volumizing Rosemary Shampoo
Rosemary is a known essential oil that increases the volume of your hair. It is also been used to help thinning hair grow back in as well.
This wonderful product from Avalon Organics is designed to increase the volume of thin or fine hair.
It will transform limp, lifeless hair into hair that is bouncy, full and healthy looking too.
This plant-based shampoo is made with botanicals and essential oils that are all natural. These organic ingredients contain no GMOs, are vegan certified and are biodegradable as well.
You won’t find any parabens, sulfates, artificial colors or fragrances, phthalates or preservatives either. This is true organic, all natural shampoo. Included in the ingredient lineup are rosemary essential oil, aloe, vitamins, and wheat protein that thicken and strengthen the hair. Other ingredients include vitamin E and chamomile too.
Avalon Organics Volumizing Rosemary shampoo will cleanse your hair from roots to the ends, making it smell great and look great too. Transform the look of your hair and bring it back to life.
Moroccan oil Extra Volume Shampoo
This extra volume Moroccan oil shampoo is safe for those who color their hair and is paraben, sulfate and phosphate free.
Using this shampoo will give your hair volume and bounce while improving the hair’s health from the inside out. Even limp hair responds to the vitamins and nutrients that it contains.
Your hair will feel super clean and not weighed down by heavy shampoos thanks to the antioxidants that are in this moroccan oil product.
Continued use of this shampoo will continue to restore health and vitality to your limp, fine or thin hair. The scent is pleasing as well.
Volumizing Shampoos Summary
Ask women how they feel about their hair and you are likely to hear often how they wish their hair was fuller and thicker. Genetics can’t be changed, so if you have naturally thin or fine hair, you can’t turn it into thick hair. However there are products on the market that are designed to make the hair you have, regardless of hair type, full and bouncy.
The way that volumizing shampoos work is to not weigh down the hair with residue from using the wrong shampoo. The whole purpose behind volumizing shampoo is to leave less on the hair so it is bouncy and full.
The three volumizing shampoos reviewed above are all excellent examples of high quality shampoos that are designed for people who want fuller, thicker looking hair. They are all made with natural ingredients and infused with valuable essential oils and vitamins that breathe life back into limp, tired hair.
To learn more about how to choose the right volumizing shampoo read the buyer’s guide below. It is full of information that will make sorting through hundreds of products much easier and not stressful at all. You will know exactly what you are looking for and can choose with confidence.
Compare: The 10 Best Rated Volumizing Shampoos
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||6th Place||7th Place||8th Place||9th Place||10th Place|
Its A 10
|Argan Oil||Argan Oil||Green |
|Package||1||2||1||1 / 2||1||1||1 / 2||1 / 2||3||1|
Volumizing Shampoo Buyers Guide
Things to Consider
There are a few steps that you can use to choose the right shampoo for your hair if it is fine or thin and lifeless. These steps are easy to follow and help steer you in the right direction when you start your research.
- Decide what you want to accomplish with your shampoo – Are you looking for tons of volume? Do you also want to find a shampoo that gets rid of dryness or split ends? Deciding what your hair goals are will make the selection process much easier. Be realistic; shampoos can’t add hair where you don’t have it nor can it change your hair type but it can make the best of the hair you have and make sure that it looks the best it can look.
- What sensitivities do you have? – Depending on the ingredients that are in the shampoo, there might be some irritations that you will need to watch out for and pay attention to. If you get any of these irritations, you should change to a different shampoo. One way to avoid irritations is to read the labels and see what ingredients are in the shampoo.
- Scalp – if your scalp itches a lot after shampooing, there is a possibility that the clarifying product you are using is too harsh on your scalp. Make sure that it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals in the volumizing shampoo you are using.
- Skin- With all of the nuts and seeds that are used in natural shampoos these days, allergic reactions are not uncommon. If you notice your skin itching after shampooing, there may be something in the shampoo that you are allergic too. The purer the shampoo the better, especially for someone with sensitive skin.
- Eyes – Formaldehyde is a common ingredient in beauty products, believe it or not. This can cause irritation of the eyes if shampoo gets into them during the shampooing or rinsing process. You may want to look for shampoos that don’t have this ingredient in it.
It’s impossible to find a shampoo that doesn’t have one or two bad ingredients at least. Sometimes bad ingredients to one person are not to another so go with your own judgment on this. There are some ingredients that are worse than others. We have listed these ingredients below.
- Some sulfates – Not all sulfates are bad, but it is recommended to look for shampoos that don’t contain ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate, and sodium lauryl sulfate. These can cause the scalp to be red, irritated and itchy. These ingredients are the same ones that are used in dishwashing soap as a degreaser so imagine what that could do to your scalp.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – This ingredient is used in shampoos to dissolve oil from the hair’s shaft. If it is used too often the hair can dry out and lose a lot of moisture. If you do use a shampoo with this alcohol in it, only use it a couple of times a week and balance it with a moisturizing shampoo. This ingredient is found in antifreeze and extended loss can lead to hair loss.
- Formaldehyde – This ingredient does have a positive effect and that is to kill bacteria. The strength of it can irritate the eyes. Extended use of shampoos with formaldehyde can cause skin inflammation and even respiratory system.
- Propylene Glycol – This is another ingredient that is found in many shampoos. This ingredient is responsible for helping the cleaning ingredients penetrate the hair. On the flip and not so good side is that this ingredient breaks down the hair’s healthy proteins. These proteins are the foundation of beautiful, healthy hair.
Good Ingredients to Look For
Just like there are ingredients you want to avoid when choosing a volumizing shampoo, there are ingredients you want to look for as well. We’ve listed these beneficial ingredients so you can look for shampoos that contain them.
- Good Sulfates – Look for TEA lauryl, laureth sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate. These don’t normally cause eye or skin irritations and have better results with your hair.
- Glycerin – This ingredient is a protective barrier for your hair follicles. It is a good protection from daily damage. It also helps the hair retain moisture.
- Seed Oils and Nut Oils – Natural ingredients are very popular in today’s products. Some of the best are jojoba, avocado, almond and shea. These remove the build up that can be present in your hair which will weigh it down. They also add a lot of shine and bounce.
- Acidic Ingredients – These will add plenty of shine to your hair while smoothing the cuticle, getting rid of flyaways and making it super soft. Some of the most common and good acids are sodium citrate and citric acid.
- Panthenol – Panthenol can be looked at as a vitamin. It is a form of the B vitamin and helps your hair with retaining moisture and also provides a beautiful shine to it as well. Another benefit to Panthenol is that it thickens the hair follicles and increases volume.
Choosing the right volumizing shampoo can make a real difference in the appearance and feel of your hair. IF you already have thick hair it won’t be that big a deal to you, but if you are like millions who suffer from thin, fragile, fine hair, having thick and full hair feels like a dream come true.
With the hundreds of products on the market, choosing one volumizing shampoo from all that is available can feel like more of a headache than it’s worth. It is not as hard as it may appear if you know what you are looking for and how to sort through all of those choices. With so many great options available, you can be assured that you will be able to find the perfect volumizing shampoo for your specific hair type and needs. The information in this buyer’s guide and the reviews of the three top rated volumizing shampoos are designed to help you make a decision that you will be happy about. The results will speak for themselves. Using a great volumizing shampoo can turn life around for your fine, thin, flat hair.