Top 10 Water Flossers
|Water Flossers||Pressure |
Water Flosser Comparison
|Jet + Air-in||Jet||Jet + Air-in||Jet||Jet + Air-in||Jet + Air-in||Jet + Air-in||Jet + Air-in||Jet + Air-in||Jet + Air-in|
Water Flosser Buying Guide
Advantages of Water Flosser
There are many advantages of using a water flosser rather than the traditional means of flossing and teeth cleaning. If you are unsure at all about whether you would like using one, keep reading the guide below.
- Less gum bleeding – Have you ever brushed your teeth or used floss you may have noticed that your gums will bleed. Using a water flosser allows you to adjust the pressure to a setting that is comfortable for you. This reduces the amount of bleeding that you will experience.
- Perfect for Brace-wearers – If you or someone in your family wears braces, they will love the water flosser. It makes getting food particles out of the spaces between the wires of braces super simple and pain free. Your mouth will be much cleaner than it could ever get with a standard floss string since string could not access all of the spaces that the water will be able to get through.
- Super Easy to Use – It doesn’t get much easier to deep clean your teeth than turning on the water flosser and pointing the jets at the areas that you want to clean. Using a water flosser is so simple that it is perfect for children to use as well and starts them off on the right foot when it comes to getting the teeth and gums truly clean.
- Reduces Gum disease – There have been studies conducted that are showing a 51% more effective result in reducing the chances of gum disease by using a water flosser in place of traditional means of flossing.
Types of Water Flossers
There are several different kinds of water flossers available to choose from. We have listed the different types below along with information about each type so you can see which one meets your preferences and needs the best.
Countertop Water Flosser – There are two different kinds of countertop water flossers available to choose from: the small countertop water flosser and the advanced countertop water flosser.
- Advanced – This type provides users with the largest selection of pressure settings, the moist advanced features and the largest water reservoirs. The reservoir in a large countertop model provides the user with 90 seconds or more of flossing time. Many of the large countertop models have a lid as well.
Pressure settings are numerous, offering the user anywhere from 6 to 10 levels depending on the brand. The water pressure ranges from 10 to 100 PSI. Some models offer a water control dial on the handle of the water flosser in addition to the power switch to provide even more options and control over the flossing experience. The water flow can be controlled by either a push button or sliding on/off switch.
- Small – This water flosser is more compact in size and has a good balance of features. The smaller size and portable design make this the perfect water flosser for those who travel frequently but still want to take their flossers with them. Small countertop water flossers provide 60 seconds or more of flossing time.
In some models the reservoir can be turned over and used as a cover. There are typically 3 different pressure levels with a pressure range that goes from 10 to 90 PSI. The small countertop water flossers have the on/off switch on the unit itself and not the handle. Depending on the model, some may be globally voltage compatible.
Cordless Water Flosser – Cordless water flossers are more convenient to use but they do have a smaller water reservoir and lower water pressure as well. Cordless water flossers are lightweight and very portable, making them perfect for heavy travelers.
Depending on the model, the flosser may either run on batteries (usually AA) or they may have a rechargeable battery along with a charging adapter. The water reservoir provides 30 to 45 seconds of water flossing time. If you need to floss longer, the reservoir is easy to refill. It can stay attached to the unit while it is filling up with more water.
Users will have 2 or 3 pressure settings to choose from. The pressure control is in the handle on the majority of models or sometimes there are special pressure tips. The water pressure ranges from 45 to 75 PSI.
The base of the cordless water flosser is smaller than the countertop models and it weighs less as well. Some models run on AA batteries which make it very easy to take with them when traveling. They can be used internationally as well since they do not require charging.
Most models that have a rechargeable battery can be used multiple times before having to recharge them. Some cordless models are waterproof, making them suitable for using in the shower.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Water Flosser
Keep the following factors in mind when you are researching different water flosser models. These points will help you choose the model that is going to work the best with your personal preferences and needs.
- Who is using it? – If you are purchasing this for your children to use you will want to look for models that have adjustable pressure settings that can allow the intensity of the water to be lowered when they are using it. It is also a good idea to look for adjustable pressure models if you have sensitive gums or teeth. Who uses the water flosser will help you decide which features are the most important.
- Warranties/Guarantees – Look for water flossers that have good warranties and guarantees to support the quality of their products. A common warranty is one year and some offer 30-90 days money back guarantees as well.
- Do You Have a Budget? – If there is a certain dollar amount that you want to stay close to, make sure to take this into consideration when you start researching. Don’t make the mistake of simply looking for the cheapest water flosser. You want to purchase a model that is of excellent quality and that will last a long time with the right care and maintenance.
Water flossers make taking care of your teeth and gums much simpler and almost fun, especially for kids. You won’t think twice about using a water flosser each night before bed, especially after you have experienced how clean and good your teeth and gums feel after you have used this device once or twice.
With all of the choices available, take the time to sort through the models that match the preferences and needs you have so you and any other family members that will be using the water flosser will be happy with the one you decide on.
- Waterpik – https://www.waterpik.com/
- Toilet Tree – https://toilettreeproducts.com/
- Panasonic – http://shop.panasonic.com/