Bath Towels Review
The best bath towels are those that provide a lot of absorbency and comfort when you are using them. Egyptian cotton towels are at the top of the list in quality and style. Our pick, Pinzon Blended Egyptian Cotton 6-Piece Towel Set, provides everything you need to experience true bath time luxury and comfort.
Introduction to the Bath Towels
Bath towels have a wonderful way of making people feel cozy, warm and dry and pampered too, especially when they are fluffy and soft. As much as people use bath towels they are oftentimes purchased without much thought at all. A good quality towel should last at least 5 to 10 years or even more depending on how it is taken care of.
A good quality bath towel should never feel super wet. It should feel comfortable and soft against your skin while drying the water from your body. Even the highest quality towels eventually wear out. What most often happens is that the towel loses its fluffy feeling and doesn’t absorb water as well. It can start to look a little ragged as well. These are signs that it is time to purchase new bath towels.
There are several factors that determine how good a bath towel’s quality. These include the type of cotton that is used, the structure of the yarn, the weaving technology used and also the finishing processes. Knowing what types of towels are out there and what they usually look and feel like will help you sort through the hundreds of choices available so you can make an informed decision on the bath towels you purchase for your home.
Bath Towels Summary
Towels should be both functional and comfortable. Towels have a use but you can have a mediocre experience with your towels or you can have a truly luxurious experience with soft, super absorbent and comfy towels.
Choosing the right towel does take a little bit of knowledge when it comes to understanding the different materials used to make them and how those materials affect thickness, weight and absorbency.
The three high quality towel sets we have reviewed above are perfect choices if you want elegant, luxurious towels in your bathroom. Your family and guests will love using them and so will you.
If none of these sets appeal to you, continue reading the buyer’s guide below to learn about what makes a good quality towel and how to tell them apart from a standard, nothing-special towel.
Bath Towel Comparison
|2 Ply||2 Ply||Ring|
|Blended||2 Ply||2 Ply|
Bath Towel Buying Guide
When you are researching different towels and sorting through all of the choices available, it helps to understand what you want your towels to provide. That will help you determine which towels are the best choice for your needs and preferences. Use this handy list below to gain a better understanding between what you want your towels to do and the type of towel and material that will provide it.
- Super-absorbent and thirsty – The best material for towels that are super absorbent are Pima or Egyptian cotton. These types of cotton soak up water fast and are very luxurious and comfortable to use. Two-ply towels will provide the most absorbency.
- Dries quickly – If you want a towel that dries quickly after use, look at microfiber towels. These are made with man-made materials and are some of the most fast-drying towels available. They store easily as well. The drawback to microfiber towels is that they are not super plushy. You can also look for towels that are “quick dry” which are designed to dry a lot faster than regular towels would.
- Durable and long-lasting – When you spend money on towels you want to know they are going to last. High quality towels can last decades with proper care. If you are looking for the most durable materials for your towels look for Egyptian Cotton, Pima Cotton, or Turkish Cotton. All of these long-staple cotton materials are long lasting and durable.
- Eco-Friendly – Look for towels that are marked organic. Organic cotton towels have been made from cotton that is grown without using any kind of harmful fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. For a towel to be considered organic, it has to be certified through a third-party certifier. Organic cotton will feel just like regular, non-organic cotton.
- Super Fluffy – If you love ultra fluffy, comfortable towels look for those made from Pima or Egyptian cotton. These types of cottons tend to make much fluffier towels. Turkish cotton also makes fluffy towels.
- Attractive with Natural Sheen – Turkish cotton has a natural sheen to it, as does viscose from bamboo towels as well. These towels are made from the bamboo plant and are known to have a bit of sheen as well.
Which Size Towels Do You Need?
People use all different sizes of towels for various jobs. Think about the size towels you need and what will provide you with the functionality you want.
- A towel you can wrap yourself in after bathing or showering – For those who really love to wrap themselves in a towel after the bath, look for a bath sheet. These are a bit larger than a bath towel, and are plenty big enough to wrap yourself in after your shower. Most bath sheets measure around 35” x 60” or 70”long.
- Regular towel for drying off – A bath towel is the standard towel that is used to dry off after a bath or shower. Bath towels measure anywhere from 27” x 52” to 58” long.
- Washing face and body – Washcloths are designed for washing your face and body. They can be used in the shower or bath or out of it, just at the sink. Most washcloths measure 13” x 13”
- Drying hands or face – A hand towel is used to dry your hands or face. Hand towels are used more than bath towels or washcloths so you want to look for durable materials. Most hand towels measure 16” x 28” to 30” long.
- Small decorative towel for guests to dry their hands – These are often called fingertip towels. They are most often put in guest bathrooms and can sometimes be seen layered on top of hand towels. Most fingertip towels measure 11” x 18” long.
- Something to stand on when getting out of the tub or shower – Instead of dripping water all over the floor, get a mat that is designed specifically for this purpose. These are called tub mats. Most tub mats measure 22” x 34”.
Common Towel Fabrics
Towels are made from a number of different materials. Some are better quality than others. The most popular towel materials are usually cotton and cotton blend. Cotton is judged by the staple length. The longer the staple length the better it is for making towels with.
- Egyptian Cotton – Egyptian cotton is strong, plush and super absorbent. It is the most popular cotton used for bath towels. Egyptian cotton is from long staple cotton that has been grown in the Nile River Valley. It is very luxurious.
- Pima Cotton – Pima cotton is high-quality cotton that is made from long staple cotton. It comes from the same plant that Egyptian cotton comes from but is grown in the US. It got its name from the Pima Native American tribe.
- Supima Cotton – Supima is an abbreviation for superior. Supima cotton is the finest grade of long staple Pima. It is grown in the US by certified farmers only.
- Turkish Cotton – Turkish cotton is extra durable and has a natural sheen that is very appealing. It is grown only in Turkey.
- Brazilian Cotton – This basic cotton has a standard length staple and is grown only in Brazil.
- Micro-cotton – This high absorbency, long staple cotton is grown only in India.
- Organic Cotton – This type of cotton is very popular for those who are looking for an eco-friendly option for their towels. Organic cotton has been grown without herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers. The quality of organic cotton is the same as Pima or Egyptian.
Bath towels are a much needed staple of every home. Despite the fact that they are a functional product, this doesn’t mean that you don’t want them to be luxurious, soft, and comfortable to use. Big, fluffy bath towels are a wonderful way to end a bath or shower and are much better to use than thin, scratchy, non-absorbent towels.
With all of the bath towel choices on the market, you will need to do a little bit of research to find the best quality towels for your home. Everyone’s needs are pretty similar when it comes to bath towels. Most people want an absorbent towel that feels good when drying off with it and that is big enough to provide adequate drying.
The three towel sets we have featured here for you are great examples of high quality towels that are a pleasure to use whether you are using them in your own bathroom or outfitting your guest bathroom with a set.
If you don’t see what you’re looking for in any of the top rated sets we have shown you, you can take the information you have learned in this guide and apply it to your search so you make an informed decision on a set of luxurious, fluffy towels that you will love for a long time.
- Pinzon by Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/Pinzon-by-Amazon/pages/13911629011
- Superior – http://www.superior-linen.com/SuperiorProducts/Towels.aspx
- Eluxurysupply – https://www.eluxurysupply.com/