We looked at 15 of the most popular electric ranges on the market and considered their performance, size, style, cooktop style, dial design and other features. The three electric ranges we have featured below came out on top in all of the categories we looked at. Any one of these electric ranges will add elegance and functionality to your kitchen and make meal time prep something to look forward to.
Introduction to the Electric Ranges
Choosing the right stove is very important since it is an appliance that you will use almost on a daily basis. Today’s ranges are multitasking appliances that can handle numerous cooking jobs at once, saving the cooks both time and energy.
With so many choices available, it may seem overwhelming to figure out which electric range you want for your home. There are several things you want to take into consideration when you are searching for the right electric range.
Taking these things into account as you are searching will help you choose the range that will work the best for your needs and preferences. When you have the right electric range in your home it will make cooking and meal preparation much more enjoyable.
Top 10 Electric Ranges
|Rank||Picture||Electric Range||Cooking Capacity (cu ft)||Voltage|
GE 30″ Double Oven Electric Range
This GE 30” electric, slide-in range has convection oven capability and features two ovens that have a self cleaning feature as well for even more convenience. This sleek, stainless steel range has a temperature display that is digital and electronic touch pads.
The Power Boil Tri Ring element has offers the ability to match the element size to the size pan you’re using, providing plenty of flexibility for your cooking needs.
The black cook top is ceramic and has five burners so you can perform several cooking functions at once. The top wipes clean easily. The black gloss interior is sleek and stylish and matches many types of kitchen décor.
The upper oven offers 2.2 cubic feet and the lower oven is 4.4 cubic feet offering cooks the opportunity to cook multiple dishes at one time. This oven is perfect for those holiday gatherings.
The hidden bake feature produces even heat and good results in both ovens for consistently great meals. Electronic pads on the control panel make touch operation convenient and easy. The delay bake feature allows programming of the oven to begin baking at a preset time so you can set it and take care of other things. Control lock disables the control panel to avoid unwanted use by children. The big oven windows allow you to see the inside of the oven and monitor cooking progress.
There are 2 oven racks and a roller rack that is sturdy and durable and can be put in many different positions. GE offers a 1 year warranty on this electric range.
LG LDE4415ST 30″ Freestanding Double Oven Electric Range
LG is a well known name in electronics that customers trust.
This freestanding electric range has two ovens that offer 7.3 cu. Ft of cooking space so you can cook multiple dishes at once.
Features include front tilt control knobs, touch controls for the oven, black ceramic glass on the top of the oven with grey patterns on it and much more.
Users can select from numerous cooking modes including speed roast, delay bake, convection roast and more from the stylish control panel.
The 30” LG does not require counters on either side and is a freestanding model that can go in your kitchen wherever you choose.
The beautiful finish looks fantastic in any kitchen and with any decorating theme.
Frigidaire FGIF3061NF Gallery 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Induction Range
Frigidaire is a trusted and reliable name in kitchen appliances so you can be reassured that this stainless steel electric induction range is going to provide you with an excellent cooking experience and quality performance to boot.
There are 5 induction elements on top and 5.4 cu. ft of oven space for cooking delicious meals.
Features of this sleek induction electric range include a self cleaning feature, auto keep warm setting, quick preheat to minimize power usage and much more.
The spacious drawer on the bottom provides plenty of space for cookie sheets and pizza pans when they are not in use.
There are two racks in the oven so you can cook multiple dishes at the same time.
Electric Ranges Summary
Finding the right electric range is all about knowing what your needs are and then sorting through all of the choices available to find the range that fulfills those needs. It doesn’t have to be a stressful or overwhelming task to find the electric range that will fit into your kitchen and lifestyle perfectly.
GE, LG, and Frigidaire are all well known names in kitchen appliances and these three top choices excel in many areas that are very important when it comes to purchasing a range that will make cooking an enjoyable task.
Whether it is the variety of burner sizes or the spacious ovens that these models offer, you can rest assured that any one of them will make cooking meals something to look forward to. The stainless steel designs of each are sleep and stylish, almost giving your kitchen a professional flair.
Continue reading below to learn even more about choosing the right electric range. Our buyer’s guide will provide you with the details you need to look at the different ranges on the market and assess which one meets those needs as well as appealing to your preferences too.
Compare: The 10 Best Rated Electric Ranges
|28.9 x 31.2 x 37.2||29.9 x 28.88 x 47.44||31.25 x 28.88 x 37.25||28.5 x 29.9 x 47||37.25 x 21.25 x 28||30 x 49.6 x 32.9||28.36 x 29.17 x 46.52||24 13/16 x 22 1/4 x 19 11/16||28.5 x 29.9 x 47||24 x 20 x 44|
Electric Range Buyers Guide
Things to Consider
Before you start looking at all the different electric ranges on the market, you need to know what you specific needs and preferences are. By being certain of what you are looking for and what you will be doing with the range, you will be able to purchase the one that fits your lifestyle, your cooking needs and your preferences perfectly.
- How often will you be cooking? – This may seem like an odd question, but not everyone who has a range uses it every day. If you do a lot of cooking, make dinner for your family every night and entertain a lot on the weekends and holidays, you will want to get an electric range that can handle that level and amount of cooking.
- Will a convection oven fit your needs? – Convection ovens use fans to move the air around the food inside the oven. This cuts down on cooking time and heats the food more evenly for better results. They used to be a special feature but not seem to be standard on most of the electric ranges on the market except for the very basic, least expensive models.
- Will an induction cooktop fit your needs? – Induction cooktops are becoming more common. They work by heating the cookware rather than the cook top. If you have small children around you will like this feature. Induction cooktops involve having a specific type of cookware to use on it.
- How many ovens do you need or want? – The majority of electric ranges have one oven. There are ranges however, that offer two ovens for those cooks that do a LOT of cooking. Usually there is a larger oven and a smaller oven, but this allows several items to be cooked at the same time without affecting each other. People that cook for large families or that entertains a lot benefit from having electric ranges with more than one oven.
- What type of range do you want? – There are three styles of electric ranges available: Freestanding, slide-in and drop-in. You will need to think about the design of your kitchen and the space you have to work with. If you are remodeling a kitchen, you have a bit more flexibility in terms of what you choose since you can build the kitchen around the appliances in some respects. We have outlined the three different types of ranges below:
- Freestanding – A freestanding range has finished sides and a backsplash as well. You can place a freestanding electric range between cabinets, at the end of a set of cabinets or even by itself. Electric freestanding ranges have their controls along the backsplash.
- Slide-in – These ranges have a built-in look to them. They have no backsplash and the controls are on the front of the range. The sides are not finished or enclosed so this style should be placed between two cabinets.
- Drop-in – Drop in ranges are similar to the slide-in models but sometimes cabinet modification is needed to make them fit.
- How Much Capacity Do You Need? – Oven capacity is important in regards to the size family you have. If you have a large family, a larger oven space is preferable because the size meals will be larger. Many of the electric ranges have a larger capacity that works well with heavy cooking and larger dishes.
- Burner number and sizes – Do you need a lot of burners to cook with? Many people use the top of the stove a lot and others tend to do most of their cooking with the oven. Look at the dishes and meals you most often make and decide on the number of burners that will best suit that.
- Convenience Features – There are many different features that electric ranges can offer including self-cleaning cycles, warning drawers, oven lights, indicator lights, audible timers, auto-lock doors, and control lockouts. If there is a particular feature that is of great importance to you, be sure that the models you consider have that feature.
Preparing for the Range
There are several things you need to do to ensure that the electric range you purchase fits into the spot that you have for it. We’ve outlined several things to check and make sure of before you purchase your range.
- Measure the space – Unless you are sure that the electric range you purchase is standard freestanding range, you will need to measure the height, width and depth of the space you intend to place it. This will ensure that the appliance fits in the space you have for it.
- Check the hookups – Make sure that the circuitry you have works with the range you are purchasing. This is extremely important to avoid problems including tripping the breaker or fuse, messing up the new range or even causing a fire.
Along with most technology, electric ranges are becoming smarter with high end models having features that have never before been seen, like storing the cooks most often used settings and even allowing the user to communicate with the range via their smartphones. The ranges of today offer things that ranges from decades ago wouldn’t have.
When you are searching for your perfect electric range, you have to take into account your lifestyle and cooking habits to ensure that you get a range that you will enjoy using and that will lessen the work/stress load of fixing regular meals. If you entertain a lot and have a large family, the electric range you have can determine how efficient it is for you to cook the meals. When you have an excellent quality range like the three top rated ones we have reviewed above, cooking becomes a pleasure and not a chore.
The information in this buyer’s guide will help you sort through all the choices and make an informed decision on the range that will be the best for your home and family’s needs. With so many options to choose from, it’s easy to get distracted from the basics, but as long as you take the suggestions and guidelines in this guide under consideration, measure the space you are putting the range and get the features that you need the most, you will choose a model that you will get a lot of use out of as well as enjoyment.