folding tables on the market to
come up with these three top rated
tables that are good for numerous
situations and tasks. All three of the
tables reviewed below are useful for
providing extra dining space, display tables,
catering tables and much more.
Folding Table Comparison
|30 x 20||72 x 30||48 x 24||48 x 24||60 x 30||37 x 30||41 x 18||18 x 60||34 x 25||72 x 30|
Folding Table Buying Guide
There are many different types of folding tables on the market. In this guide we will describe the different types and sizes that are readily available.
- Long, narrow table – This table is good for doubling as a food serving buffet thanks to the narrow width. It can also be a great table for setting up yard sale items on as well.
- Small, square table – If you play card games with another couple, this is a great size table for those types of activities. They provide a small place to play cards or games and when your games are over the table folds flat and stores away.
- Long, medium table – This makes a great additional dining table for guests when you have holiday gatherings or other occasions where you are serving dinner to a larger number of people. They are good choices for camping dinner tables as well.
- Medium table – Medium sized folding tables are good for using as a kitchen table or can be used in a child’s bedroom as a desk.
- Wide topped folding tables – these are great for conventions and shows where you need a lot of table top space for displays and brochures.
- Round folding tables – Round tables are often used for conventions and office meetings and can also be used for weddings and dinner parties as well.
Different Folding Table Shapes
Folding tables are available in many different shapes to meet your needs. We have listed these different shapes and the characteristics of each.
- Square – The square folding table is easy to store but may not always be easy to travel with or move due to the wider top that makes it much moiré difficult for one person to carry alone. If two people are carrying it, it is much easier to move where you need it.
- Round- These folding tables are perfect for game tables, dining tables, wedding reception tables and much more. There is plenty of room in the center of these tables for centerpieces and serving dishes, making them the perfect tables for any kind of dinner party, reception and any other kind of food type gathering.
- Rectangular – These are the most commonly purchased and used folding tables and are very easy to transport in a truck or van. They are not good for dining tables but make excellent display tables for yard sales, school fairs, conventions and other similar events.
- Half Round – These folding tables can be very useful for different functions. Two pushed together can make a round meeting or dining table or you can push the flat side up against the wall to save space.
Folding tables are available in two different types:
- Fixed – Most fixed folding tables measure 29” high and don’t adjust to any other height. They can be less expensive to purchase than adjustable height tables.
- Adjustable – Adjustable folding tables can be adjusted to 3 or 4 different heights, typically 21” to 32”. This adjustable height setting makes it possible to adjust the table to the specific needs you have for it.
Folding Table features
There are several features that folding tables can come with that make them even more convenient for adding needed table space. We have listed the most common features below.
- Folds in Half – Tables that fold in half are much easier to transport and store than those that don’t fold. The drawback to bi-folding tables is that they are not as strong and can’t hold as much weight as the ones that don’t have this bi-fold ability.
- Frame Gauge – The gauge we are referring to is the width of the tubing used in the frame of the folding table. In general you can expect tables with smaller diameters are not as strong or durable as those with larger diameters. The larger diameter frames can hold more weight as well. Most folding tables have a weight limit listed so you know what they are suited for.
- Protective Edge – different folding tables, usually the wood and laminate varieties, have an edge around the table that protects it from chipping and causing problems for the guests. The polyethylene tables don’t need this protective edge due to their construction.
- Adjustable Height – having the ability to change the height of the folding table can make it personalized for each person’s individual needs especially if you are using the table for children.
- Warranties – Warranties are important for several reasons. If anything is wrong with the table upon purchase, the warranty will take care of replacing it. The same applies if anything happens to the table under normal usage. Read the terms of the warranties carefully so you adhere to the restrictions if there are any. Look for folding tables that have at least a 1 year warranty.
Different Table Top Materials
There are several different types of materials that a folding table top can be made of. You want to make sure you choose a table top material that will meet your needs and that will last a long time too.
- Blow-Molded Plastic – These lightweight folding tables are hollow inside. They are not very expensive and make great choices when you need a sturdy table for serving, conventions, schools and other functions. They are weather resistant and stain resistant.
- Plywood – Plywood tables usually have a laminate finish. These are the most expensive tables of the different top materials because they are the most durable and can support a lot of weight.
- Particleboard – Particleboard tables have a laminate finish that makes them easy to clean. They are usually available in different colors as well. This is a light duty table and should only be used inside. Particleboard folding tables are usually very inexpensive compared to the other types of tables that are available.
Folding tables are good for many different things and are used by individuals, businesses, schools, offices and even catering companies. There are many different choices and sizes available which provide the users with many different options to get their folding table needs met.
If you are looking for a way to provide additional serving space or you are a crafter that needs a good work table that can be stored when not in use, a folding table is just what you’re looking for.
The choices we have provided you with here are all excellent examples of good quality folding tables that will work for a variety of tasks. They are durable and will last a long time as well.
Use the information in this buyer’s guide along with the reviews to provide yourself with the information you need to make an informed decision that will provide you with the best table for your money that you can get.