Hammock Chair Comparison
|30 – 40||40||39||36||40||38||38||40||38||40|
Hammock Chair Buying Guide
There are many features that a hammock chair can have. Take a look at the list of features we have provided below and decide which ones are the most important to you. These features will need to be what you look for when you start researching and shopping among the different models and styles available.
Features of a Good Hammock Chair
- Comfort – one of the most important factors to look for when purchasing a hammock chair is comfort. The objective should be a chair that is roomy and that provides plenty of comfort and relaxation. A high quality hammock chair will be made with comfortable and durable fabric like cotton or parachute nylon that will last a long time. You want to make sure that the fabric used to make your hammock chair is high quality and resistant to tearing and ripping.
- Weight – Weight limits are in place for a reason. Make sure you find a hammock chair that has a weight capacity that is above your weight. Using a hammock chair that is rated for a weight that is below yours will cause the chair to rip and tear. Another factor where weight comes in is when hanging the hammock chair up. The frame can make the whole chair relatively heavy so you want to be certain not to hang the chair from anything flimsy and weak. If you are hanging it from a porch beam or indoors, make sure you attach it to a solid, super strong beam that can handle the weight with someone in it. (and adult not a child)
- Durability – Another important consideration that needs to be taken into account is durability. Most people use hammock chairs for camping, porch chairs or chairs for their teen. You want these chairs to be able to withstand weather without weakening and tearing. The best hammocks are made from A grade fabric. This type of fabric is weather resistant. Look for fabric that is easy to clean as well.
- Versatility – Hammock chairs can have a number of uses. Not only are they great for camping trips they are terrific for just spending an evening on the porch watching the sun come up or watching the clouds roll by. They can also be hung in dens, teens’ bedrooms, the back porch, and on patios or decks.
There is a variety of colors and patterns to choose from so finding one that matches your décor perfectly is not going to be a problem. You can choose natural or so with a colorful pattern or pretty solid color.
Buying a Hammock Chair
Make sure when you start researching different hammock chairs that you keep the following things in mind.
- Weight – The weight of the hammock chair plays a big part in how popular and comfortable it is. You want to ideally find a hammock chair that is lightweight and easy to carry if you are bringing them with you on camping trips or if you are just hanging them up around the house, you can look for heavier duty models that are built with heavier materials.
- Dimensions – There is a connection between comfort level and how wide a hammock is. The larger chairs that offer plenty of width are generally much more comfortable and cozy than a smaller chair that feels like you’re going to tear it. Choose a hammock size based on how often it will be used, who will be using it, and where it is going to be used. In most cases not including when you will be hiking with it, bigger is going to be better.
- Strength – Low quality hammock chairs can tear, snap and potentially cause serious injury. You need to look for hammock chairs that are made from strong, durable materials that are resistant to wear and tear, even with regular daily use.
Parachute nylon and polyester are two of the strongest materials that you will see quality hammock chairs made from. They are weather resistant and will last many decades when they are taken care of. Also be mindful of the weight restrictions as this can cause the chair to break as well.
It doesn’t matter how strong the material is if you ignore the maximum weight rating and pile the weight on. Also make sure that you are purchasing your chair from reliable and reputable manufacturers. Check customer comments in regard to the hammock chairs you are considering. People will comment as to the strength and durability of the hammock.
- Capacity – Do you want a single hammock chair or one that can hold a couple of people? The size and weight restrictions will determine how many people can comfortably sit in the hammock chair.
Double hammock chairs are available which are heavier in weight and require stronger mounting hardware as well as a stronger support to hang it from. Keep this in mind as you are shopping around for the best hammock chair for your needs.
When it comes to finding the best hammock chair for your needs, you should take into consideration several things that will make the decision much easier. These considerations include where you want to use it, how much weight you want it to comfortably hold, how big you want it to be and what you want to use it for. (i.e. camping, extra seating inside the home, etc)
If you are planning on a permanent placement of this chair, you can get a heavier model since you won’t be carrying it around. The material of your hammock will last longer when it is not subjected to the elements all the time so keep this in mind as well. Unless you live in a tropical climate year round, you will need to bring the hammock chair inside when the warm season is over.
If you don’t want to take it down during bad weather, get a cover for it or use a tarp that will protect it from rain, snow, sleet and other damaging elements. You will have a lot of choices to consider when it comes to fabric colors and patterns. You can choose something that goes with your interior décor or just go with natural which looks fantastic with everything it is paired with.
Hammock chairs are an excellent place to sit and read a book, enjoy a TV show, watch the rain, or sit and enjoy socializing with your friends and family. They are made with relaxation and enjoyment in mind. By taking the time to research and learn what it important when shopping for one you will be able to make a confident, informed decision on a hammock chair that will meet all your needs and relaxation preferences.
If you take care of your hammock chair properly, they will last decades and provide you with many years of enjoyment and rest.
- Sunnydaze – https://www.serenityhealth.com/
- Hammocks Rada – http://hammocksrada.com/
- Krazy Outdoors – https://www.krazyoutdoors.com/