Top 10 Iced Tea Makers
|Picture||Iced Tea Makers||Capacity (Quarts)
|Mr. Coffee TM70||3.00
|Mr. Coffee TM1||2.00
|Cali Home Brew||1.37
|West Bend 68305T||2.75
Iced Tea Maker Buying Guide
About Iced Tea Maker
Iced tea is a very popular drink all over the US, especially in the south, where sweet iced tea is as American as apple pie. Making iced tea today is nothing like what it was decades ago when you had to boil water and then steep the tea for awhile. Even after the invention of cold brew bags that shortened the time somewhat, it was still time intensive.
Iced tea makers made the process of having a glass of iced tea possible in minutes rather than hours. There are many different styles of iced tea makers on the market. Choosing one could be a challenge if you don’t know what features to look for in a good iced tea maker. This guide will help you select the right one for your kitchen.
Factors to Consider
There are many things you need to consider when choosing the best iced tea maker. All of these factors above come together to make a high quality iced tea maker. When you start researching the different makers available, these are the things you want to compare so you get the best one possible for your money. These factors include:
- How often you drink tea – Do you like the occasional glass of iced tea or do you drink several glasses throughout the day and night? If you only drink a glass once in awhile you may like the iced tea makers that brew one glass at a time.
- Size and capacity – If you want to make plenty of iced tea to have on hand each day, you want to find an iced tea maker that can brew plenty of it. Many iced tea makers make anywhere from 8 ounces to a full gallon. There are plenty of choices available to accommodate the amount of tea you want to make each day.
- Cost– When you are searching for just the right iced tea maker, set a budget for yourself and then stick to it. Iced tea makers can range in price from $15 all the way up to $200 or more if you choose one of the high end commercial ones. There are plenty of price points available to fit any budget.
- Ease of use – No one wants to wrestle with a kitchen appliance. Make sure that the iced tea maker you choose isn’t overly complicated to operate. Most are relatively straightforward so this shouldn’t be too hard to do. Things like programming the tea to brew at a later time or making the tea stronger should be easy to accomplish.
- Programmability – an iced tea maker with several options is always a good thing. Look for the models that allow pre-programming for brewing, auto off, warm and other pre-set, programmable features.
- Extra features – What other features might you look for in an iced tea maker? These could be things like additional pitchers, loose tea brewing, the ability to brew iced coffee, easy to read display, easy to understand instructions, and others. The more features your iced maker has the more fun it is to use.
Cleaning Your Iced Tea Maker
Keeping your iced tea maker clean is one of the ways to make sure your iced tea always tastes great. Once you have chosen the iced tea maker you want, it’s time to maintain it so you have it for a long time. We’ve outlined some simple steps that you can do to keep it clean and in great working order.
- Unplug the Iced Tea Maker before you start the cleaning process
- Allow iced tea maker to cool down if you have just used it prior to cleaning
- Wash the pitcher, brew basket and lid by hand in warm, soapy dishwater and rinse thoroughly until the water is crystal clear.
- Using a damp rag that has been rung out, wipe down the outside of the iced tea maker to keep it free from stains and dust.
Decalcifying your Ice Tea Maker
One of the things that can happen with a coffee maker or an iced tea maker is a buildup of calcium. You need to regularly remove this buildup to keep the iced tea maker working properly and the iced tea tasting good. If you have soft water, decalcify the unit every 80 brews. If you have hard water, decalcify every 40 brews. To decalcify your iced tea maker, get common household vinegar or a special iced tea maker cleaner. Follow the simple steps bellow.
- Pour 1 quart of white vinegar, undiluted, into the reservoir
- Keep the lid on the pitcher and slide the pitcher under the iced tea maker
- Turn the tea maker on and allow it to brew the vinegar. Once 1 cup of the vinegar has brewed, unplug the iced tea maker and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Once it has sat, plug it back in and the unit will finish pumping the remaining vinegar
- Once the iced tea maker shuts off, unplug it and throw away the vinegar after removing the pitcher.
- Refill the pitcher with clean water to the 3 quart mark and repeat the earlier steps several times until all traces of the vinegar are gone.
Iced tea makers changed the way the world made iced tea and made it something that could be enjoyed in minutes rather than hours. The right iced tea maker will help you enjoy delicious iced tea whenever you want. There are many things that make up a great iced tea maker. Points such as easy to use, plenty of capacity, quick brewing, auto off functions and more are all part of a great quality iced tea maker.
The information in this buyer’s guide is designed to help the buyer choose the right iced tea maker for their needs. With the right information your can be certain that you have all you need to sort through the different varieties and choose a model that will meet your iced tea needs.
Whether it’s a tall glass of sweet iced tea or delicious iced coffee that you crave, any one of the iced tea makers featured here, or a model that you choose using the information that we have provided for you on how to sort through the varieties available, you will be able to keep refreshed and cool during the hot summer months with minimal effort.
- Mr. Coffee – http://www.mrcoffee.com/
- Takeya – http://takeyausa.com/
- Hamilton Beach – https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/