Let’s take a look at the best kitchen trash cans available and then find out what makes each one unique from the other, ensuring you get the best possible model at your disposal.
Introduction to the Kitchen Trash Can
While all kitchen trash cans serve the same major purpose, getting the right trash can goes a long way toward dramatically increasing the cleanliness of your kitchen overall. With today’s technology, the trash can has become much more than simply a bucket of garbage. Let’s take a look at the best kitchen trash cans available and then find out what makes each one unique from the other, ensuring you get the best possible model at your disposal.
Top 10 Kitchen Trash Cans
|7||Nine Stars 80||21.10||Automatic|
Top Rated Kitchen Trash Cans Summary
Of course, all of the above kitchen trash cans serve the exact same major purpose – giving you a place for you to put your garbage. However, their added features will likely prove to be the deciding factor in which unit you end up going with. For example, if cleanliness is your main priority, the BestOffice TC-1350R should be a rather obvious choice due to its apparent inability to hold up against any substantial amount of mess.
On the other hand, if you’re more interested in coming out with a kitchen trash can which does an excellent job of preventing your kitchen from smelling, it just doesn’t get any better than the iTouchless Deodorizer. Of course, you may not be too keen on the idea of constantly having to replace one of your trash can’s components. If this is the case, though you find you still like the idea of a trash can which is able to contain smells within, consider purchasing the Nine Stars DZT-50-9. While it may not be as great as its deodorizer-equipped counterpart in this regard, it comes pretty close and doesn’t require any sort of maintenance.
Kitchen Trash Can Comparison
Nine Stars 80
|Battery||4 D||4 C||4 D||NA||NA||NA||3 D||NA||NA||NA|
Kitchen Trash Can Buying Guide
What is a Kitchen Trash Can?
If none of the above kitchen trash cans quite pique your interest – not to worry. Even though the three above models are easily the best on the market, you needn’t feel as if they are your only choice. Because you know your own needs better than I, you may have some luck doing some shopping for yourself. With that in mind, here are some questions to keep in mind before deciding on your next kitchen trash can once and for all.
Which features do you actually need?
It’s bittersweet, really – trash cans which offer convenient features may themselves require some degree of maintenance. Like one of the trash cans we covered in the above list (which was equipped with a carbon deodorizer), there are a large variety of more advanced trash cans on the market. But, like cellphones or computers, the more advanced a piece of technology becomes, the more likely it is to encounter issues.
For example, while trash cans with carbon deodorizers are your best possible option when it comes down to smell control, they also require the highest amount of maintenance, being that you’ll have to replace their deodorizers. Also, while automatic garbage cans are the best when it comes to in-the-moment convenience, you’ll have to replace their batteries on a semi-regular basis.
So, with that being said, it’s clear that more advanced garbage cans don’t necessarily have to be the most convenient, whether we’re talking about sensors, deodorizers or any other advanced features. As such, you might not want to buy a kitchen trash can just because it has advanced features. You should buy a kitchen trash can because it has features that you will actually use. Otherwise, what may have originally looked like a convenient product might not end up being all that convenient at all.
Do you always need your sensor running?
Whether you know you’ll be running around the house, or whether the kids have a tendency of setting off your kitchen trash can while playing, models can be had which come equipped with on and off buttons. Upon being turned off, the trash can will only be able to be opened and closed manually. Depending on the situation, it may be a good idea to grab a unit which sports this feature. On the other hand, the feature in question may only serve to add a level of complication to an otherwise convenient product if you know you’ll never once use the on and off buttons.
Would you prefer batteries or an AC cord?
Both batteries and AC cords have their own list of pros and cons which I’m sure you have likely by now become very familiar with. On one hand, batteries are generally more expensive and can be rather inconvenient in the event that you run out. On the other hand, nobody wants an AC cord running across their kitchen. It’s up to you to decide which source of power is best.
Variable Kitchen Trash Can Features
Of course, you’re already familiar with manual (traditional) trash cans, so I’ll leave those alone. However, there are several features which can often be found in automatic trash cans which can either be great or completely useless depending on your personal preference. Do you know which features you need in your next purchase?
- Deodorizers – We’ve briefly touched base on these throughout this review, so I’ll keep it brief. Deodorizers use activated carbon to filter air. This is the same mechanism you see in air filters. As such, garbage cans with this feature essentially have air filters built into them. While these are very effective, they also incur maintenance costs, as activated carbon “goes bad” after some time and needs to be replaced.
- Easy Bag Removal – Some trash cans are built with two components, the “bucket” that holds the trash and the outer casing which holds the bucket. When holes are placed throughout the inner bucket, taking the trash out of the can becomes a much easier ordeal. On the other hand, these holes will likely prove to be a bit of a hassle when it comes time to clean your kitchen trash can.
- Garbage Bag Rings – While this may not be an official term, it refers to a piece built into the top of a garbage can which is placed overtop of where the garbage bag juts out. This may give the trash can a sleeker look, though it also makes changing the bag a bit of a hassle. How much time are you willing to put into making your kitchen look as good as possible? The answer to this question will dictate whether or not a garbage bag ring is a good idea.
Common Kitchen Trash Can Features
While the above features will only be beneficial if you feel you can actually make good use of them, there are a few features which are always beneficial. Keep an eye out for them when shopping.
- Smudge-Free Steel – Some trash cans will come with exterior materials which prevent them from accumulating any sort of mess over time. While such a feature is already useful in products across the board, this is especially true of a product which comes in contact with all of the garbage in your house.
- A Short-Ranged Sensor – You don’t want your garbage can opening every time you move in your kitchen. As such, you want a powerful sensor that won’t get activated from too far away. If the manufacturer doesn’t list off its sensor’s specs, keep an eye out for user reviews regarding the sensor’s range.
Outside of the two above features, it’s really up to you as to what to look for in a garbage can. Whether you’re looking for something that minimizes mess, eliminates smell or simply adds a touch of convenience to your day, the right kitchen trash can is bound to be out there waiting for you. By keeping all of the above tips in mind, finding it should take no time at all.