The best sewing kit will have many different items in it that can take care of a number of clothing emergencies. Basic colored thread, scissors, needles and other sewing staples can make fixing a critical button or seam fast and efficient. Our pick, the SEWING KIT by Evergreen Art Supply, is a great example of the kind of well stocked, high quality sewing kit we are referring to. We loved the easy to carry case that kept all the important items together and easy to grab when we needed them. We didn’t need to supplement any additional items for this kit to be complete and ready for any emergencies that may come up.
Introduction to the Sewing Kits
Sewing kits can come in handy around the house, at the office, when traveling for business or while on vacation. The purpose of these small sewing kits is to take care of any clothing emergencies that require a few quick stitches or pinning.
You don’t have to worry about knowing what to put in a sewing kit on your own. There are many different kinds of sewing kits on the market that are already put together for you and include the staple items that would be most helpful in the event of a sewing emergency.
Modern sewing kits include all the items you may need to fix a missing button or a seam that has come loose. They are compact and easy to carry in your suitcase or even your purse or backpack. Sewing kits make terrific gifts as well; everyone appreciates something that solves a potential problem.
You will be very glad that you have this sewing kit when you see how much you use the items that are in it. It may not be your emergency, but you will be prepared to help someone else should the need arise. This buyer’s guide will help you determine a good quality, well stocked sewing kit so you can eliminate the ones that don’t have what you would most likely need.
Top Ranked Sewing Kits
Sewing Kit by Evergreen Art Supply
This fantastic sewing kit is considered the number one, most expansive sewing kit on Amazon. It contains all the essentials that you could possibly need no matter what the sewing emergency.
It comes in an attractive and convenient carry case and is even gift boxed for giving to others as a much needed and appreciated gift.
This kit is so well stocked that you may want to put one in your vehicle, have one at home in a kitchen drawer and have one at the office too.
One of the biggest complaints that people have about sewing kits is the useless items that never seem to be used or needed like plastic thimbles and tons of needles.
Evergreen Art Supply took these complaints that people had about sewing kits in general and put together a sewing kit that is by far the best on the market.
The items that are included in this sewing kit are high quality items including a metal thimble that is truly useful, high quality needles imported from Japan, and the metal crochet hook. Every item is of good quality and it’s all packaged in a durable and attractive leather like case.
Included in this amazing and useful sewing kit is a metal crochet hook, 4 extra buttons, seam ripper, knitting needle, tape measure that measures in inches and centimeters, 18 pins that are larger than what other kits have, 30 high quality needles in various sizes, stainless steel sewing scissors, 40 colored threads including multiples of black and white; the most commonly used color, a threader, colored marking pencil, metal thimble, threader, 4 safety pins, 4 snap buttons and a magnifying glass.
Evergreen offers a great warranty as well. If you are not 100% ecstatic with the sewing kit and everything in it they will refund your money back right away.
Sewing Kit by Sew Simply
This well put together sewing kit from Sew Simply contains all the things you may need in the event of a sewing emergency. Whether it’s fixing a button or repairing a torn seam, this kit has what you need.
With all of these items included in the sewing kit you won’t need to spend any more money on extras. You already have everything you would need.
This sewing kit is perfect for carrying with you on vacation or business trips, taking on camping trips, having in your desk at the office and for home use as well. All of the items in this kit are good quality items and they are items you would need, not useless space fillers.
There are over 60 pieces in this set including plenty of thread in the colors that you would use most often. The needles are of high quality and the thread is available in a multitude of colors.
The easy to use open flat case ensures that all your supplies are visible so you can see exactly what you need. This product has a 30 day, 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy, they will make it right.
Into Home Products Sewing Kit
This sewing kit by Into Home Products is the perfect travel size sewing kit for taking camping, on business trips, vacations and more. There are 60 items in this kit that help you deal with any type of sewing emergency that may come up.
The needles are high quality and feature larger eyes so threading is easier and that is just the beginning of all the greatness that is in this useful sewing kit.
The convenient carry strap and heavy duty polyester case keep all the sewing items in one place, ready for you to grab if necessary. It even has room for you to add a few more things of your own if you wish.
Included in this sewing kit is a pair of tweezers, 1 pencil, 4 threaders, 14 high quality needles, a measuring tape, extra buttons, 12 different colored threads, safety pins and much more. Into Home Products offers customers a money back guarantee as well.
Sewing Kits Summary
A good quality, well stocked sewing kit is a good thing to have on hand no matter where you are. They are designed to be easy to carry in a purse, backpack, briefcase or to keep in a drawer at work and at home. Modern sewing kits such as the ones we have reviewed above have quality supplies that you would need in the event of a clothing emergency such as a torn seam, missing button or other problem.
Each of the kits we have here is filled with the items you would need to take care of various problems while away from home. With plenty of thread, scissors, needles, safety pins and more, you will never be stuck with a clothing emergency and no way to fix it again.
The buyers guide below will provide you with the information you need to consider and look at when comparing sewing kits and choosing the one that is the best for you. Even though many sewing kits may have the same type of items in them, you want to look for the ones that have high quality items that you will use and not just filler items.
The right information will help you sort through the different choices and steer you toward the sewing kits that will last a long time and that will have the tools you need to handle any kind of clothing emergency.
Sewing Kit Comparison
Stitch & Mend
Sewing Kit Buyers Guide
About Sewing Kit
The Boy Scout motto of “Be Prepared” is good advice that everyone should follow. One way that you can be prepared for emergencies with clothing or other things is to have a good quality sewing kit that has all the items you need to take care of things like buttons that come off, seams that rip, holes and other clothing emergencies that can happen.
Modern sewing kits are small and compact enough to be kept in kitchen or bathroom drawers, backpacks while on camping trips, suitcases during business trips or while on vacation and even in your purse. With a good quality, well stocked sewing kit on hand you will never be stuck waiting in a bathroom or hotel room waiting for someone to bring you items you need to fix your clothing emergencies, you’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips.
Items in a Good Quality Sewing Kit
There are many items that you will find in lower quality sewing kits that are pretty useless or they are of such poor quality that they only last through one emergency if that. We have put together a list of the most common items that are in a good quality sewing kit. When you are researching different sewing kits make sure that you look for the ones that include the following items so you are prepared for any type of clothing emergency.
- Extra buttons – losing a button is one of the most common things that can happen to a piece of clothing you are wearing. Having several extra buttons on hand can make fixing a missing button quick and easy. If there is room and your sewing kit doesn’t already have them, consider adding snaps and zippers too.
- Safety Pins – Safety pins can be real life savers to keep things pinned together in the event of a tear. Keep multiple sizes on hand and not just the tiny ones.
- Sewing Scissors – scissors are always important. Most sewing kits come with a pair of sewing scissors. Make sure the kits you are considering have a good quality, steel pair of scissors for all your cutting needs while out and about.
- Measuring Tape –you never know when you will need to check the measurement of something. Make sure your sewing kit has a flexible tape measure.
- High Quality Needles – Needles come in handy for replacing buttons, sewing seams, fixing fallen hems and much more. Look for needles that are well made and that have larger eye openings for easier threading. Most kits have a pack of needles that are contained in their own case for safer handling.
- Threaders – Don’t struggle to thread the tiny hole of a needle eye. Threaders make quick work of threading a needle for doing sewing repairs. Many kits have just one threader but you may want to look for the models that have at least two in case one is misplaced.
- Seam ripper – If the seam on a piece of clothing is already ripping out you may need a seam ripper to rip out the existing messed up seam so it can be smoothly sewn back together.
- Metal thimble – thimbles are great for small sewing jobs so you don’t hurt your fingers pressing the needle through fabric. Some kits have a cheap plastic thimble but you want to look for the kits that have metal thimbles as they are much easier to use, more effective and longer lasting.
- Straight Pins – if you need to pin up a hem so it can be re-sewn, you will need straight pins. Make sure that you get pins that are sturdy and of good quality. You also want them to be on the larger side, which are much easier to work with.
- Thread – All sewing kits have extra thread that can be used to repair tears, ripped seams and much more. Look for a sewing kit that has plenty of thread in the event of an emergency. Thread most often comes in white, black and several other common colors as well. You may want to have some extra spools of brown, navy, black and white which are very common colors used in clothing of all kinds.
- Duct tape – This may sound like it’s out of place and chances are you will not find a commercial sewing kit that includes this, but having a good roll of duct tape can be critical for quick repairs that may come up. Make a point of adding a roll of duct tape to your sewing kit. You’ll be very glad to have it on hand when you need it.
- Container or case – Having all your sewing needs together in one, easy to carry place makes them convenient to bring with you on business trips and other forms of travel that take you away from home.
If you have ever been stuck somewhere with a critical button missing or a rip in your clothing, you know firsthand how important a good quality sewing kit is in getting you back into commission quickly and without embarrassment.
The purpose of this guide is to provide you with the information you need to choose a good quality sewing kit that can be taken on trips, kept in your car, at the office and in your home. Use the information above to ensure that sewing kit you are considering is a good quality, well stocked kit and you will find that you are prepared for anything
- Evergreen Art Supply https://www.evergreenartsupply.com/