We spent over 40 hours researching and testing 12 different types of slip n slides and found that length, durability, and construction were most important. The Speed Blast Slip N Slide scored high marks in all categories and is our top pick. It has two inflatable body boards that come with it to provide even more fun while using it. There are two lanes for sliding that end at a splash pool so two kids can slide at the same time. The jets of water that that are all down the length keep everyone sliding smoothly from start to finish. The inflatable bumper at the end helps cushion the stop.
Introduction to the Slip N Slides
During the warm months, it is always a lot of fun for kids to play on a slip n slide. These toys are a lot of fun and a great way to keep cool when it’s hot outside. It’s like having a backyard water park especially if the yard has a little bit of a slope or hill to it to make sliding even more fun.
There are several decisions you will need to make before you decide on the right slip n slide that is perfect for your yard. You want to decide ahead of time which features you and the kids want the most.
Things like the length of the slide, a slide with a lot of sprinklers or wave slides that have some bumps to go over are all potential features that you can choose from.
There are many different types of slip n slides available on the market. They all have their own set of features that can potentially meet the buyer’s variety of needs. You will also want to look at factors such as how many children will be using the slip n slide and how big your yard is.
We’ll help you look at the different options and features and decide which slip n slide is the best one for what you and the kids are looking for. This information makes the purchasing process much easier.
Top 5 Slip N Slides
|Rank||Picture||Slip N Slide||Dimensions (Inches)||Warranty (Months)|
|1||Banzai||192 x 58||3|
|2||Wham-O Double||180 x 15||12|
|3||Wham-O||180 x 11||12|
|4||Wahii||600 x 144||12|
|5||Little Tikes||120 x 24||6|
Slip N Slides Summary
Slip n slides are one of the most popular summertime water activities around. Their popularity hasn’t changed much over the years and today’s kids love it as much as the kids of the 60s and 70s did.
These three slip n slides below are all excellent choices and provide the user with long lengths of slide, plenty of fun features like water fountains that spray the entire length of the slide to the splash pools at the end for a big finish.
If you have a great space to lay one of these slides, you will find that your kids are not complaining of heat and boredom anymore. They are the perfect way to cool off while having loads of fun. All three slip n slide designs are well made and two of them offer dual, side by side sliding which provides the fun challenge of slide racing too.
Read more about slip n slides in our buyer’s guide below. This information will help you select the right slip n slide for your needs and preferences. The factors and decisions that you will want to make will help steer you towards the perfect one for your yard.
Slip N Slide Comparison Chart
|192 x 58||180 x 15||180 x 11||600 x 144||120 x 24|
|> 5||5 – 12||5 – 12||> 5||2 – 8|
Slip N Slide Buying Guide
Things to Consider Before You Buy
There are several things for you to consider before you decide on a slip n slide. These considerations will help steer you in the right direction and ensure that you choose the one you need. We’ve listed these important considerations below:
- Safety Features – Safety is always a priority when it comes to a child’s toy. Slip n slides are recommended for ages 5 to 12 and adults shouldn’t be using it. The weight of an adult could cause them injury when they run and attempt to slide. Be certain that you have a place to set up the slip n slide that is free of debris, sticks, and rocks. This prevents them from getting injured on the rough ground as they are sliding.
- Designs – There are several different themes or designs that slip n slides are available in. They also have models available that feature specific sports like basketball that will have a hoop along the slide for the child to attempt shooting a basketball through as they slide, to character themed designs that appeal to children of all ages. Also think about how many different lanes you want to have which will allow for more than one child to slide at the same time.
- Length of the Slide – Slip n slides can range in length from 15 feet to as long as 75 feet if you have the space for one that long. Choose a length that can be accommodated by the size yard you have. You want them to end up in a safe place at the end of the slide as well so make sure you choose a length that won’t have them ending a couple of feet from a fence or other obstacle.
Features of a Good Slip n Slide
There are many different features to choose from that slip n slides may feature. Each one will have its own set of features so it is important to know ahead of time what features are important to you and the kids.
You can sort through all the different slip n slides that are in the market by focusing on the features that sound the best to you. It helps automatically eliminate the ones that will not work for what you are looking for. We’ve listed the most commonly seen features that slip n slides generally have below.
- Double/Triple Lanes – Most families have more than one child so having a slip n slide that allows them to run and slide together can make the whole experience even more enjoyable and fun for them. Rather than one having to stand in line and wait, they can go at the same time. This makes racing and slip n slide parties a lot more fun as well. The width of multiple lane slip n slides is much wider than the traditional single lane model. There are plenty of sprinkler holes that separate the lanes to keep everyone getting sprayed and to keep the slide wet throughout the whole length of the slide.
- Extra Length – Most basic slip n slides are around 15 to 16 feet. The slip n slide manufacturers offer longer versions for those who are looking for something with a lot more slide than the traditional offers. Slides can come in lengths that range from 18 feet to the super long models that are as long as 75 feet. Shorter slides work well in small, flat yards while the super long ones are perfect for yards that have a nice slope to them.
- Inflatable Boogie Boards – Many of the slip n slides that are available provide inflatable boogie boards for the children to use. The floats offer protection to the child’s body as they dive onto the slide’s surface and increase the sliding fun.
- Splash Pools/Bumpers – Many slip n slides offer a splash pool or bumper at the end of the slide for the child to end up in. This shallow “pool” provides a big splash ending that is a lot of fun. It simulates the same premise that a waterpark offers at the end of their slides when the child slides into a pool although the little splash pools at the end of slip n slides are not that deep.
- Other Features – There are many more features that are seen with the different models of slip n slides. These features can include things like inflatable tunnels that the child can slide through that have plenty of water to drench them with as they slide through, zigzag versions that add some style to the usual straight varieties of slip n slides, markers to make slide racing fun and competitive, and even fun water bowling pins that the kids can knock over as they become the bowling ball.
If you’re looking for a great way to keep the kids entertained and cool on hot summer days right in your own yard, look no further than a great slip n slide. If your children are 12 and under, you will find that you don’t need to do anything else other than have them get their swimsuits on, hook up the slip n slide you have chosen, and sit back and watch the fun begin. Don’t forget to have a safety talk before they play.
Make sure that before you choose the slip n slide that you want to purchase, you take into consideration the factors we have listed including the size of your yard, the number of children that will be playing on the slide, and the extra features that you would like to have with the slip n slide model you choose.
You will enjoy watching your kids shout and laugh as they go down the slide over and over again. The younger your children are, the more like a waterpark your slip n slide will feel like to them. It’s an inexpensive way to have a ton of fun in your back yard.