Slip N Slide Comparison
|192 x 58||180 x 15||180 x 11||600 x 144||120 x 24|
|> 5||5 – 12||5 – 12||> 5||2 – 8|
Slip N Slide Buying Guide
Things to Consider Before You Buy
There are several things for you to consider before you decide on a slip n slide. These considerations will help steer you in the right direction and ensure that you choose the one you need. We’ve listed these important considerations below:
- Safety Features – Safety is always a priority when it comes to a child’s toy. Slip n slides are recommended for ages 5 to 12 and adults shouldn’t be using it. The weight of an adult could cause them injury when they run and attempt to slide. Be certain that you have a place to set up the slip n slide that is free of debris, sticks, and rocks. This prevents them from getting injured on the rough ground as they are sliding.
- Designs – There are several different themes or designs that slip n slides are available in. They also have models available that feature specific sports like basketball that will have a hoop along the slide for the child to attempt shooting a basketball through as they slide, to character themed designs that appeal to children of all ages. Also think about how many different lanes you want to have which will allow for more than one child to slide at the same time.
- Length of the Slide – Slip n slides can range in length from 15 feet to as long as 75 feet if you have the space for one that long. Choose a length that can be accommodated by the size yard you have. You want them to end up in a safe place at the end of the slide as well so make sure you choose a length that won’t have them ending a couple of feet from a fence or other obstacle.
Features of a Good Slip n Slide
There are many different features to choose from that slip n slides may feature. Each one will have its own set of features so it is important to know ahead of time what features are important to you and the kids.
You can sort through all the different slip n slides that are in the market by focusing on the features that sound the best to you. It helps automatically eliminate the ones that will not work for what you are looking for. We’ve listed the most commonly seen features that slip n slides generally have below.
- Double/Triple Lanes – Most families have more than one child so having a slip n slide that allows them to run and slide together can make the whole experience even more enjoyable and fun for them. Rather than one having to stand in line and wait, they can go at the same time. This makes racing and slip n slide parties a lot more fun as well. The width of multiple lane slip n slides is much wider than the traditional single lane model. There are plenty of sprinkler holes that separate the lanes to keep everyone getting sprayed and to keep the slide wet throughout the whole length of the slide.
- Extra Length – Most basic slip n slides are around 15 to 16 feet. The slip n slide manufacturers offer longer versions for those who are looking for something with a lot more slide than the traditional offers. Slides can come in lengths that range from 18 feet to the super long models that are as long as 75 feet. Shorter slides work well in small, flat yards while the super long ones are perfect for yards that have a nice slope to them.
- Inflatable Boogie Boards – Many of the slip n slides that are available provide inflatable boogie boards for the children to use. The floats offer protection to the child’s body as they dive onto the slide’s surface and increase the sliding fun.
- Splash Pools/Bumpers – Many slip n slides offer a splash pool or bumper at the end of the slide for the child to end up in. This shallow “pool” provides a big splash ending that is a lot of fun. It simulates the same premise that a waterpark offers at the end of their slides when the child slides into a pool although the little splash pools at the end of slip n slides are not that deep.
- Other Features – There are many more features that are seen with the different models of slip n slides. These features can include things like inflatable tunnels that the child can slide through that have plenty of water to drench them with as they slide through, zigzag versions that add some style to the usual straight varieties of slip n slides, markers to make slide racing fun and competitive, and even fun water bowling pins that the kids can knock over as they become the bowling ball.
If you’re looking for a great way to keep the kids entertained and cool on hot summer days right in your own yard, look no further than a great slip n slide. If your children are 12 and under, you will find that you don’t need to do anything else other than have them get their swimsuits on, hook up the slip n slide you have chosen, and sit back and watch the fun begin. Don’t forget to have a safety talk before they play.
Make sure that before you choose the slip n slide that you want to purchase, you take into consideration the factors we have listed including the size of your yard, the number of children that will be playing on the slide, and the extra features that you would like to have with the slip n slide model you choose.
You will enjoy watching your kids shout and laugh as they go down the slide over and over again. The younger your children are, the more like a waterpark your slip n slide will feel like to them. It’s an inexpensive way to have a ton of fun in your back yard.