Throw Blankets Review
The best throw blanket will be soft, wrinkle resistant, and durable with a lot of color choices to match any home décor. Our pick, the Flannel Fleece Throw Blanket, from BedSure provides everything we wanted in a throw blanket.
View on Amazon
Introduction to the Throw Blankets
Throw blankets are sometimes chosen as accents to toss over a chair or couch or to drape over the end of a bed. They add a cozy, comfortable feeling to any room and are terrific for warming up on chilly evenings while watching TV.
There are hundreds of different throw blankets on the market. They are made from different materials, are available in many different styles and come in a large array of colors as well. With all of these choices available, you want to make the right decision on the best throw blanket for your needs. To do this, there are some things you need to learn about the different types of throw blankets available. There are also some things you need to consider before purchasing a throw blanket.
The purpose of this guide is to provide you with the knowledge you need to sort through all of the available choices and make an informed decision that you can be confident about. We have also provided you with three top rated throw blankets that are customer favorites. We’ve reviewed these top choices so you can see if any one of these quality throw blankets meets your needs.
Although there is not only one perfect blanket, there are some that are better quality than others. Finding the right one for you just takes a little bit of research and knowing what to look for. This guide will give that to you.
Top Ranked Throw Blankets
Flannel Fleece Throw Blanket
This 100% microfiber polyester throw blanket is durable, lightweight and ultra soft. The wrinkle free material doesn’t shed and is fade resistant as well. This throw works well for any season for decorating purposes or to keep you cozy while you’re watching TV or reading a book.
This comfortable and attractive throw blanket is available in a variety of colors. These include:
- Light blue
- Sage green
This throw is easy to care for. It is machine washable in cold water and should be washed on the delicate cycle. Tumble dry on low heat and don’t use bleach. It is resistant to shrinking and comes with a five year limited warranty.
The microfiber material is very good for those with allergies due to its hypoallergenic properties. It is made from extremely fine fibers that won’t make you sneeze or irritate sensitive skin. It is very lightweight but works well to keep you warm without overheating you.
The finishing process that this throw blanket goes through before it is sold involves techniques that are Eco-friendly and allow the fabric to hold the dye well so the beautiful colors won’t fade. There is also a brushing process that is done on the fabric that gives it a smooth feel. This bushing is done three times. Lastly, there is a lustering treatment that provides that popular velvety, glossy finish.
The compact stitching is fine and smooth and durable as well. The fuzzy and silky feel will not be ruined as long as you follow the care instructions and take care of the blanket properly. These ultra soft, comfortable throw blankets make perfect gift for you.
Sherpa Throw Blanket
Your night will be perfect with this cozy throw blanket from Bedsure. It is available in two sizes: 50” x 60” and 60” x 80”.
The fluffy, super soft fabric is the perfect thing to cuddle up on the couch with while you read a book or watch your favorite television show or movie. There are two sides to this blanket: a soft flannel side and a plush Sherpa side.
The flannel top is made of 100% microfiber polyester and 220 GSM. The Sherpa side is 280 GSM. These two sides make the blanket cuddly and soft and very lightweight. It is hypoallergenic and good for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
The density of the microfiber makes it shrink and wrinkle resistant. The edges of the throw blanket are bound with decorative trim made from knit material that gives the blanket a sophisticated look.
This Sherpa throw blanket is machine washable on cold and can be tumble dried on low heat. Do not use bleach on this and comes with a 5 year limited warranty with a 30 day return and replacement guarantee.
BOON Knitted Tweed Throw
Warming up on a chilly night has never been so stylish. This Boon knitted tweed throw blanket is the perfect accent to any living room. It is made from 100% polyester that gets softer with every wash.
This knitted throw blanket measures 50” x 60”, providing plenty of soft, cuddly blanket to cozy up on the couch with while watching movies, television shows or reading a book. If a nap is what you want, this blanket is the perfect size to curl up and take a power nap with.
You can choose from tons of beautiful colors that can match any home décor. A few of these incredible colors include antique white, lavender, rose bud, navy blue and many more colors. It will be very easy to choose everyone’s favorite color if you choose to give them as gifts.
Keeping the throw blanket clean is easy since it is machine washable. Just wash it in cold water, separately, and don’t use chlorine bleach. Color fast bleach is fine and will not harm anything. Tumble dry on low. There is no need to iron.
Throw Blankets Summary
Throw blankets are popular for many things around the home. They can be tossed over the back of a couch or chair in the den or living room, folded neatly at the end of your bed, or given to children to use as their personal blanket since they are the perfect size.
Whatever use you want a throw blanket for, there are hundreds of choices out there for you to look through. The three throw blankets we have reviewed above are all great examples of quality throw blankets. All three are made from quality materials that are durable, super soft and stylish too.
If you don’t see what you are looking for in the three top rated choices we have reviewed above, take a look at our buyer’s guide. It will teach you more about throw blankets and the differences that there can be from one to another. This information will help you make an informed decision you will be happy with for years to come.
Throw Blanket Comparison
|50 x 60||50 x 60||50 x 60||50 x 60||50 x 60||50 x 65||60 x 43||50 x 60||50 x 65||50 x 60|
Throw Blanket Buyers Guide
Poorly made throw blankets can have all kinds of problems including pilling, unraveling, and fading as well. It is important to choose a quality made throw blanket if you want something that will look good for years to come.
There are many different types of throw blankets on the market. They can be made from 100% cotton, polyester, wool or a combination of synthetic fabrics. We have listed several different types of throw blankets below so you can get an idea of what is available.
- Quilted – There are three layers that make up a quilted throw blanket: a front, back and the center layer which is made from batting. Cotton batting is heavier than synthetic and it is warmer as well so if you are looking for something to keep you warm during the cold months, a cotton batting is a good choice. Side seams hold all three pieces together along with decorative stitching that make it have that popular quilted look that people love.
- Knitted – Knitted blankets are lightweight and usually have open weave that leaves holes between the threads of year used to make the blanket. Knitted blankets make very popular throws but they can also make excellent travel blankets as well. Because they are so lightweight, they can be carried in the travel bag easily.
- Woven – Woven blankets are the most common style of throw blanket available. The mechanical weaving used to create this type of blanket allows there to be an array of textures, materials and weights.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Throw Blanket
Throw blankets are a great way to provide a comfortable, cozy feeling that inspires snuggling up underneath it with a great book or television show. A drawback of throw blankets is that they can make the room look messy and cluttered if they are left on the floor or strewn across the living room sofa. Throw blankets fold up neatly and can be draped across the back of the sofa or chair to give the room a finished, sophisticated look.
- How to choose – Choosing the perfect throw blanket can be a lot like picking the perfect paint color for a room. You need to choose what appeals to you and what gives you that sense of beauty that you are looking for. Some people may like tons that are similar in color. If that is you, you want to choose a throw that is the same color as the furniture already in the room and/or the walls as well. If you are more daring and love color let the throw add a splash of bright color that complements the room while at the same time providing that pop of color you love. To add even more layers to your look think about the texture of the throw as well.
- The best place for a throw – Throw blankets get their name from the way they are tossed over furniture, over people’s shoulders and over the end of the bed. They can be draped elegantly over the back of your sofa to add an air of elegance to your living room or den. You can also fold it neatly and arrange is in a precise place in the room for when people need some extra warmth. You can do a lot of different things with throw blankets which is why they are so popular.
- Uses for throw blankets – There are many uses for throw blankets that you may not have thought of. In addition to draping them over a chair or sofa they can be placed on a guest bed in case the guest needs some extra warmth at night, given to a college student as a gift for their college dorm, stored in your vehicle in case you ever breakdown in the cold, in the baby’s room to wrap around the baby for those late night feeding sessions and much more. They make fantastic gifts and can be personalized to the individual person you are gifting it to by choosing their favorite color or pattern.
It is a gift that keeps on giving and they will think about your kind gift every time they use it. They roll up and store easily so taking one with you wherever you go is not troublesome at all. You never know when a throw blanket may come in handy.
There are many different types of blankets on the market but the throw blanket is probably one of the most popular and often used types of blankets due to its versatility and size. With all of the choices available you could drive yourself crazy trying to choose one.
The best way to make this process easier and more enjoyable is to educate yourself on the different types of throw blankets on the market and then see what appeals to you while still fitting your needs.
The three beautiful, soft throw blankets we reviewed above are just a few of the types of throw blankets you can find. With all of these styles you will be able to find a throw blanket or two that will fit in perfectly with your furniture, wall colorings and color scheme.
The information we have provided you with has been designed to help you understand the different types of throw blankets and the characteristics of each type. This knowledge will enable you to make a decision that will be just perfect for you.