I'm sure you'll agree that a convection microwave can provide multiple features and functions to help you create culinary magic in the kitchen. Features that make cooking fast and efficient, yet the end result is still cooked to perfection. We used these top criteria to select the best convection microwave. If you don't need to read any further details, but just want to know which model is best, check out the Cuisinart CMW-200 as our top pick.
Top 10 Convection Microwaves
|Picture||Convection Microwave||Capacity (Cu Ft)||Wattage|
Convection Microwave Comparison
| Microwave |
Convection Microwave Buying Guide
What is a Convection Microwave
There are many different kinds of microwaves out there and they’re popular because they provide customers with a quick and efficient way to heat food. The latest convection microwaves take fast cooking to a whole new level and they offer features that normal microwaves do not. When you're ready to take your speedy cooking to a whole new level, then set out to find a convection microwave that is just right for you. Let’s take a look at the features and accessories that make some convection microwaves stand out from the rest.
- Cooking Sensors: You’ll find that most new microwaves include this feature. It measures humidity inside the oven and will automatically adjust cooking times to prevent overcooking. Working with the presets, these sensors will defrost, cook, or reheat food perfectly without you needing to continually check progress.
- Turntable On/Off Button: Perfect for dishes that are too large for the microwave, this feature allows you to turn off the rotation so your dish won’t get caught on the sides.
- Even Heating and Defrosting: It used to be necessary to ‘stir halfway through cooking time’, but today's convection microwaves offer an environment where you can cook evenly without needing to stir.
- “Instant On” Cooking Controls: This is a great feature that allows you to make a single tap of a button to add a minute or 30 seconds of cooking time.
- Durable Construction: When looking for a microwave that features durable construction, the best thing to do is read reviews and see what other customers have experienced. You never want to get stuck with a microwave that looks and feels solid but ends up breaking within a few months. You also want to look for microwaves that have good reviews for customer service. Be sure to check your warranty to see if labor costs for any repairs are covered under your warranty.
Questions to Ask
When narrowing down your search for the best convection microwave, there are a number of questions that you should ask yourself to help you select the best appliance.
- Where will your microwave go?
You’ll find that countertop convection microwaves are the cheapest and most convenient option but they do take up a lot of space. You can also find over the range convection microwaves which will save you space. Keep in mind that these models are more difficult to install and they won’t do as good a job at venting heat and fumes. A built-in model will install against a wall which leaves your counter free. These are by far the priciest microwaves you will find. No matter what option you choose, it’s smart to measure the space where you’re going to place your microwave as this will determine the size of the appliance you’ll need to purchase.
- How will you use the convection microwave?
If you’re purchasing a convection microwave then there’s a good chance you’re not just going to be popping popcorn. You want to know ahead of time how you’re going to use the appliance because this will dictate what model you buy. If you want a one-touch option for cooking soup, oatmeal, or other specific foods, then look for an appliance that can accommodate these needs. There are also brands with automatic settings for reheating and defrosting. The more features the microwave offers, the higher the cost. So don’t bother spending money on features that you’re not going to use. The convection feature enables your microwave to bake and brown as if it were a normal oven but this feature does amp up the cost of your microwave.
- How much space do you need?
If you’re looking to cook large dishes then you need to pay attention to the capacity of the microwave you buy. If you’re often cooking large platters of food, then make sure the platters you have can comfortably fit within the appliance that you’re looking to purchase.
- How much noise can you tolerate?
You’re going to find that most modern microwaves are really quite quiet. However, some models can still provoke complaints of loudness. If it’s possible, try to listen to your microwave of choice in the store so that you can judge for yourself whether the sound will be a nuisance.
It’s important to understand how much you’re willing to spend for a convection microwave and what value this will add to your life. If you have a microwave that breaks down right after the warranty expires, you’re going to experience a great deal of frustration. Another frustrating experience is having your microwave break down during the warranty period and having to drive it far out of your way to get it serviced. It’s very important that you check the manufacturer’s website before you buy the product to see where the nearest repair shop is. Do this before purchasing! Also, note whether the manufacturer requires the appliance to be in its original packaging with receipt to get services. When you know these details ahead of time you’re less likely to feel frustrated if you're not able to get your microwaved repaired.
A convection microwave oven is a marvelous advancement from the traditional microwave and you’ll find that once you own one you won't know how you lived without it. It allows you to cook faster and more efficiently than ever before. Fortunately, there are many convection microwaves that come at a small price. When you’re ready to purchase one for your kitchen, consult the three, top-rated models mentioned above. These microwaves win the prize when it comes to performance, features, and ease of use. You can be guaranteed that if you purchase one of these you’re getting a product that will truly stand the test of time. It will also give you the delicious results that you crave. If you want to continue your search for the perfect convection microwave, then consult the buyer’s guide to learn more about these amazing appliances and how to choose the perfect one for you.
- Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/
- Cuisinart: https://www.cuisinart.com/
- Panasonic: http://m.shop.panasonic.com/