Top 10 Memory Foam Mattress
|Sleep Innovations||12.00||Poly Cotton|
Memory Foam Mattress Comparison
|80.00 x 60.00 x 12.00||59.00 x 12.00 x 79.00||80.00 x 60.00 x 10.00||80.00 x 60.00 x 12.00||80.00 x 60.00 x 12.00||75.00 x 39.00 x 10.00||75.00 x 6.00 x 39.00||74.00 x 38.00 x 7.00||75.00 x 54.00 x 8.00||39.00 x 75.00 x 8.00|
Memory Foam Mattress Buying Guide
What is a Memory Foam Mattress?
Remember how easy it was to fall asleep as a child? It seemed like as soon as your head touched the pillow you simply dissolved into blissful slumber. Many adults have trouble falling asleep, either due to back pain or restless thoughts. Memory foam mattresses are designed to help adults find that deep, restful sleep that they remember having as a child. Memory foam can truly help people of all ages, sizes, and shapes to sleep more comfortably and soundly. If you find that you need to seriously improve your sleep situation, then purchasing a memory foam mattress is a great way to enhance your sleeping and the quality of your life. This buyers guide is designed to help you to determine which memory foam mattress is right for you.
History of Memory Foam
Memory foam was originally developed by NASA to reduce the G-forces astronauts felt during liftoff. The viscoelastic memory foam was designed to soften when it comes in contact with any source of heat. That means that it effortlessly conforms to a person’s shape, giving unparalleled support to the entire body. You’ll find that memory foam is often used in medical applications, and because of this, the very first memory foam available came with a hefty price tag. Thank heavens, the cost of memory foam has come down a great deal in past years, and this gives everyone an opportunity to achieve a great night’s rest.
5 Benefits of a Memory Foam Mattress
- Softness: Because memory foam is designed to be temperature sensitive, it allows the mattress to adjust to the sleeper’s body heat and weight. That means that as the temperature increases the memory foam mattress will become softer. As your bed gets softer throughout the night, you’re going to experience enhanced comfort and a better night’s sleep.
- Pain Relief: A memory foam mattress can also help to relieve pains, body aches, and soreness. The way the mattress does this is by selectively displacing pressure along the length of the sleeper’s body. Because pain points have a temperature that is higher than the rest of the body as part of our body’s pain coping mechanism, the mattress is able to mold itself in accordance to the temperature at these points in the body. This helps the body to recover more quickly.
- Proper Spinal Alignment: Did you know that sleeping the correct way can help to solve a lot of spinal problems in the long run? Memory foam can help you to attain the ideal sleeping posture by assisting with this proper alignment while you’re lying down. You can even prevent back problems in the future by using a memory foam mattress.
- Help for Sleep Apnea: When a memory foam mattress is used in conjunction with a memory foam pillow you can significantly improve sleep apnea. The use of the pillow will assist with providing proper elevation to the head while sleeping. This elevation will assist with providing a healthy pattern of breathing during sleep.
- Relief from Allergies: Another key benefit to owning a memory foam mattress is that it can help to relieve your allergies. Because memory foam is made from polyurethane foam, it is made of inorganic fibers. These fibers will prevent allergy-causing dust mites from settling into the mattress. Organic fibers such as cotton can easily attract these mites.
When looking to purchase a memory foam mattress, it’s good to know a bit about the product that you’re buying. The first thing that you should know about this material is that it’s incredibly dense. Density is measured in pounds, with a higher number meaning greater density. When you see something that has a 4 pound density, this means that each cubic foot of the memory foam weighs exactly 4 pounds. The density measurement will vary amongst manufacturers, but you should aim to find a memory foam product that ranges from 3 to 6 pounds. If you’re more comfortable with a firmer mattress, then be sure to go with a 5 to 6 pound density. A softer mattress will come in at 3 pounds.
What you absolutely must understand is that a lower density mattress won’t hold up as well over the years. So if you want a mattress that will seriously stand the test of time, then it’s better to go with a higher density mattress. Keep in mind that the measurement of density does not describe the total weight of the memory foam, so don’t expect your mattress to weigh only 6 pounds! Note also that your memory foam mattress, due to the density, is going to weigh more than a typical spring mattress of the same size.
Types of Foam
With the growing popularity of memory foam mattresses, there are more options out there than ever before. No matter what bedding piece you’re on the market for, you’re going to definitely want to pay attention to the type of foam you’re purchasing.
- Traditional: You’ll find the original technology behind the viscoelastic material developed by NASA in the traditional memory foam material. This is a very popular choice among consumers, and most of the memory foam products you’ll find on the market are made from this kind of foam.
- Gel: Traditional memory foam reacts to body heat, and because of this, some customers will find that traditional memory foam makes them too warm at night. The best way to combat this is to purchase gel memory foam. There are gel beads infused into the foam, and this allows for better air flow without losing any of the support that you get from traditional memory foam.
- Latex: Most memory foam that you find on the market is man-made, but customers looking for a more natural alternative shop for latex foam bedding. There are some people who are allergic to this material, but for those who aren’t, it’s nice to use this natural material that is also eco-friendly.
Options for Your Memory Foam Bedding
This buyer’s guide is meant to teach you about the various options when it comes to your memory foam mattress, however, it’s important to realize there are a number of bedding pieces that can be made from memory foam. Lets take a look at everything you need for the total memory foam experience.
- Mattresses: You can find a memory foam mattress in all bed sizes. Purchasing a memory foam mattress is particularly smart if you have a bed partner, as the memory foam will create an environment where you can’t feel the movements of the person next to you. That means an end to the bouncing and rocking that you experience with spring mattresses. Memory foam is designed to absorb all movement. Most mattresses will contain multiple layers of foam, and each has a different density, allowing the mattress to appropriately respond to movement and body shape.
- Side Sleepers: Usually a 2 to 3 layer mattress is ideal. If you sleep on your side, then you may want to select a softer 3 to 4 pound memory foam mattress. This is a less dense memory foam that conforms better to the natural shape of your body, allowing your hips and shoulders to sink in more easily.
- Back Sleepers: If you tend to sleep on your back then you’re going to want to purchase a firmer memory foam, with a 4.5 to 6 pound density. This allows you the firmness to lie flat with even support on all areas of your body.
- Pillows: When you think of memory foam pillows, you probably think of contour pillows. These are designed with memory foam that is molded in a particular shape which is thicker on top and at the bottom edges. This special shape helps to keep your head in a very natural position so that your spine stays properly aligned throughout the night. You can even purchase memory foam pillows that are shaped like traditional pillows. Keep in mind that this kind of pillow is not fluffy, but the pillow will never require any fluffing or rearranging throughout the night, such as a down pillow does. This is a great way to get your head and neck the support that they need.
- Mattress Toppers: If you still like your mattress, and it’s in fairly good condition, then adding a memory foam topper might be enough to get you the comfort that you need. There are a number of toppers out there that come in a variety of thickness and density levels. You should keep in mind that if you have a sagging mattress then the memory foam topper is not going to be very effective. If you do have a sagging mattresss then it is highly suggested that you get a full memory foam mattress to experience the comfort that you desire.
Memory foam mattresses represent some of the most advanced technology on the market when you’re looking for a better night’s sleep. Created using NASA innovations, memory foam is designed to work with the contours of your body to properly support your structure. If you’re tired of feeling neck and back pain in the morning from your stiff bed, or if you can’t sleep because you’re’constantly feeling the movements of the person next to you, then it’s definitely time to invest in this amazing technology that could seriously change the way you sleep at night.
We’ve explored some of the top rated mattresses on the market, and these are the products that customers consistently praise for providing them with a better sleeping experience. If you don’t want to do more research, then you can be guaranteed that one of these mattresses will work for you. If, however, you want to look for something that is more in your price range, then be sure to go online and read more reviews until you find the mattress that has the features that you desire. There are very many models out there, and they come in every imaginable size. The best place to begin your search is by examining yourself. Ask yourself what your sleeping habits are, what your body temperature tends to be in the night, and what areas of discomfort you most often feel. This will help to narrow your search.
No matter what memory foam mattress you choose, you can rest assured that you’ll be having a better night’s sleep in no time. Memory foam mattresses aren’t cheap, but they’re well worth the investment when you consider how much time we spend in our beds. Sleep is one of the most powerful indicators of wellbeing and health. Give your whole life a tremendous boost by investing in this amazing memory foam technology to enhance your sleeping experience.
- Sleep Innovations: http://www.sleepinnovations.com/
- Lucid: http://www.lucidmattress.com/
- Lucid 10″: http://www.lucidmattress.com/
- Memory Foam Info: http://thedozyowl.co.uk/