Top 10 Memory Foam Pillows
Memory Foam Pillow Comparison
|Memory Foam |
|Cotton Blend||75% Cotton|
|Poly-Velour||100% Cotton||100% Polyester||100% Cotton||60% Polyester|
|24.00 x 15.00 x 5.00||27.00 x 16.00 x 4.50||24.00 x 15.00 x 5.00||18.00 x 12.00 x 3.00||21.00 x 16.00 x 4.80||29.00 x 16.00 x 6.00||24.00 x 16.00 x 5.00||24.00 x 18.00 x 4.00||17.70 x 3.90 x 11.80||20.00 x 4.00 x 12.00|
Memory Foam Pillow Buying Guide
What is a Memory Foam Pillow?
If you’re looking for more comfort and luxury in bed, as well as better health, then it’s a smart choice to purchase a memory foam pillow. Any pillow with a good density and velocity will add extra support to your head and neck to enhance the quality of your sleep. There are so many memory foam pillows on the market, and the technology seems to get better each and every day. Aside from purchasing a great mattress, purchasing a memory foam pillow is the smartest thing you can do to enhance the hours you spend in bed. Did you know that we spend at least a third of our lives in bed? It’s important to not take your comfort for granted when it comes to stepping into bed at night. This guide is designed to show you how to purchase the perfect memory foam pillow for you.
Why purchase it?
There are many reasons why you should purchase a memory foam pillow, either for yourself or someone you love. The quality and luxury that it adds to your life can not be underestimated. But, the best reason to buy one of these pillows is the technology involved. They’re designed to change shape in response to your own body heat, and that means the pillow will soften and take the shape of your head for the ultimate in comfort and support. If you or someone you know suffers from neck pain, the pillow will help to keep your neck stable and in place all night long, allowing the muscles to relax.
Factors to Consider Before Purchase
- How Will It Be Used?: You want to purchase a memory foam pillow based upon your needs. Because they are more expensive than a standard pillow, it’s important to understand what your personal concerns and struggles are when it comes to sleeping. When you know exactly what you want to achieve by using the pillow, you’ll be better able to find a pillow that suits those needs. If you’re purchasing for a family member, be sure to completely understand what problems they’re having and how a memory foam pillow might be able to help.
- What Are You Willing to Spend?: Memory foam pillows differ greatly in price, and there are a number of factors that go into their price tags, such as size, materials, and density. If it’s your first time purchasing a memory foam pillow then you’ll want to perhaps not break the bank the first time around. Decide what your budget is going to be and then find a memory foam pillow that fits into your budget while still providing all the features that you crave.
- Size: You’re going to want to purchase a memory foam pillow that suits the size of your mattress. Take for instance, if you have a king size bed, then you’ll want to purchase extra large pillows to fit. The standard size pillows will fit any queen size or double bed. For some people, the king size pillow will seem a little too big and they’ll opt for the standard size instead. Be sure to see the sizes in person so you can get a sense of what is going to work for your body. Do keep in mind that pillow cases are sold separately.
- What’s Your Sleep Position?: Knowing what position you sleep in will help you to narrow down your search for a memory foam pillow. There will be a slight pillow variation for those who sleep in different positions. For instance, if you sleep on your back your pillow should be designed to enhance the comfort of your spine while you’re lying in this position. This will most likely be a thinner pillow to keep you in the proper alignment. If you sleep on your side then you may want to favor a thicker pillow that supports the head and neck. Similar to back sleepers, stomach sleepers should favor a thinner pillow to keep their spine in a good position.
- Pillow Firmness: There are a number of different sizes and shapes when it comes to a memory foam pillow, but there are also a number of different densities to choose from. It is commonly thought that a denser pillow is more comfortable and supportive to the neck and head, but you’ll need to do a bit of experimentation to decide for yourself. Memory foam pillows tend to be quite soft and comfy, so decide for yourself the level of firmness that is right for you.
- Pillow Covers: Sometimes you’ll need to purchase a pillow cover separately, and what material you choose will depend upon your personal preferences. What is usually offered is either a terry or velour cover that can be unzipped. Whether you want to purchase a separate cover is up to you, but usually the memory foam pillow works best without any extra cover. Some choose to add a pillow cover to prevent staining of the pillow. Some also want to add an extra cover so that the memory foam pillow fits in with the overall bedding decor. Whatever you choose, be sure to find something that is very easy to clean.
Tips for Purchasing a Pillow
- Purchase From a Licensed Seller: There are so many memory foam pillows on the market, and like with anything, there are knock-offs. You want to be sure to purchase your pillow from a reputable, licensed seller. This will ensure that you get a good quality pillow without any threat of purchasing a counterfeit.
- Contour or Not?: Be sure to decide whether or not you want a contour memory foam pillow or one that is of a normal shape. Both of them are on the market so don’t just assume that you need to get a contoured one. Whichever one you choose will be determined by your personal preferences.
- Consider Other Products: Many memory foam products are designed to work in conjunction with others. If you want the full memory foam experience, then consider what other products you might want to purchase along with your memory foam pillow, such as a mattress topper.
- Read the Care Guide: When you purchase your pillow, be sure that there’s a care guide that comes with it, and read all the enclosed information. This will help you take the best care of the pillow to maintain its durability.
- Do Your Homework: Reading this buyer’s guide is a fantastic start to get you on your way to purchasing the perfect memory foam pillow, but be sure to learn even more before you buy. Because they can be a bit pricey, you’ll feel much more comfortable with your purchase when you know that you made the right decision, and you’re actively pursuing your sleeping goals.
There are a number of benefits to owning and using a memory foam pillow, and they will most likely vary in importance for you. It’s best to know ahead of time exactly what benefits you hope to experience, and how specifically you’d like to improve your sleep.
- Greater Comfort: Memory foam pillows are designed to enhance your comfort at night. There’s nothing more annoying than tossing and turning at night, trying to find the sweet spot. A memory foam pillow is designed to help create the sweet spot for you all night long. Because the foam responds to the unique contours of your body, you’ll find that you always achieve the proper firmness and comfort level each and every night.
- Better Alignment: The memory foam pillow is also designed to place your spine in the proper alignment throughout the night, especially when used in conjunction with a memory foam mattress. Whether you sleep on your back or side, the pillow will get you at the right height. When your body is in proper alignment it allows your muscles to better relax.
- A Cooler Night: If you tend to overheat at night then memory foam is going to be your new best friend. There’s nothing that makes sleeping more uncomfortable than overheating, and memory foam is designed to create circulation of air to keep you at the ideal temperature all night long.
- Hypoallergenic: Because memory foam is a hypoallergenic material, you’re going to experience key benefits by owning this pillow. Certainly if you’re someone who deals with allergies, or you simply have an allergen phobia, owning a memory foam pillow will help you sleep more soundly.
- Durability: Memory foam pillows are built to last, and maintain their shape throughout the years. Any standard pillow loses its shape quite quickly, but you should be able to go for a number of years before ever needing to purchase another memory foam pillow.
Purchasing a memory foam pillow is one of the smartest things that you can do to enhance your sleeping and overall health. There are so many different kinds of memory foam pillows out there, and the technology is advancing on a consistent basis. It can seem daunting when you don’t know anything about memory foam, but with a little research, you can understand this amazing technology and how it can help you to achieve a better night’s sleep. Reading the above buyer’s guide and about the top rated foam pillows is a great start for your search, but be sure to do even more research so you fully understand what you’re purchasing.
Searching online is an amazing way to read about the top brands and the latest technology when it comes to memory foam. The products that we reviewed above are considered to be the most trusted, offering durable pillows that help to enhance comfort and stand the test of time. There’s no doubt that one of these pillows will work for you, but if you would like something different then get online to search. If you think that it’s going to be important for you to feel the pillows to understand their density and softness, then go to your local home or bedding store for a more tactile experience.
No matter which memory foam pillow you choose, you’re sure to experience better sleep than you ever imagined possible. Owning a memory foam pillow is an important step towards more restful nights and better alignment in the morning. If you’re someone who suffers from sleep apnea, aches and pains in your shoulders or neck, or you tend to overheat at night, then owning a memory foam pillow is an amazing way to enhance your comfort and overall wellbeing.
- Sleep Innovations: http://www.sleepinnovations.com/products/pillows/
- Conforma: http://www.classicmattress.com/conforma.html